Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Myrtle Beach
“High Expectations”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Fiesta Americana in Los Cabos, Mexico. My wife won an all expenses paid trip for two, so immediately you know that since it was free I expected the utmost in the facility, the food, the service and accommodations. We stayed in the first week of February the temperature was about 80F in the day and around 60F in the evening, as I expected. As far as the rest..........

Facility:

I expected authentic architecture set on beautiful grounds maintained with perfection and not a weed to be seen. I expected colorful flora and fauna attracting the most inquisitive yet productive humming birds from dawn to dusk. If I were to look east over The Sea of Cortez I would have expected to see whales, families of whales playing, dancing and spouting off just off shore after a fire-red sunrise. Difficult decisions of were to lounge, what pool to sit in, or which shady hammock to nap were definitely expected.

Food:

I would have expected more food choices than I could eat in a lifetime and if I didn't like one I could choose from over a dozen more. An omelette chef, tortilla chef, chilaqulies, juevos rancheros, tostadas with fresh tuna, fish tacos, sushi, and I expect I could go on and on and on. Regardless of what I ate I would accept nothing but the freshest of ingredients and presentation. As far as beverages.......I would expect enough spirits to not remember what I was expecting.

Service:

I would have expected Jose to run at full speed across the resort grounds at least 500 yards to get us towels as soon as he noticed us going for a late evening hot tub and we had none. Thank you for fluffing my beachside lounge-chair with fresh beach towels big enough to para-sail with, it's what I would have expected of course. The young man who taught water aerobics and got everyone really fired-up, well, I would think his knowledge of Mexico's rich history was as extensive as it was. I expect to pass along the meaning of cinco de mayo to my fellows. Guillermo, Francisco, Jose, Juan, you cannot expect me to remember all of their names but as one would have expected they were ALL smiles, good mornings, and holas........ And as expected they were perfecto!

Accommodations:

We expected a clean, up to date room that was comfortable, had a great view and was equipped with all of the comforts of home. Turned-down sheets, chocolates, hot showers with pressure, you guessed it! Expected.

If you are coming here these are the things that I can tell you to expect.I couldn't have expected better if I paid for it. Thank you for all of your staff's hard work.

Amor, High Expectations

3 Thank Steven E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (980)
  • Polish first
Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We went to with some other couples to get out of the snow and winter. We choose Fiesta Americana because of price and location. We we surprised by the leave of service given for what we received. The food was well prepared, and the waiters did a great job. The location was perfect since we golfed 3 days and the Casa del Sol golf courses were just a couple of minutes away. We also went to town one evening and felt very safe, we ate at a place called the office ( we would highly recommend). We enjoyed the ocean front property and the staff kept the beach very clean. We watched whales daily from our patio.
The only 2 things we wish were a little better was the quality of alcohol for their drinks and they did but light pressure for a time share but my wife was well compensated for her time with a golf round and a massage.

1 Thank Busyguy18
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 February 2014

What an amazing experience! Thank you for our trip to Cabo, Origami Owl! Great location, great service, great views, great rooms, and most importantly great service! The staff spoke and translated great english-spanish and were very patient and polite with communication to help, each and every one. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner options were wonderful, many variations and willing to do a little differently if asked to. The beverages were wonderful, and accomodating to my Tervius I brought with me to keep my drinks hot/cold! The pools were beautiful, access to the beach with snorkeling options and seeing the fish swim at our feet. Many chairs/lounges to share for everyone coming down to the beach. Our group had over 200 people with us and not one bad experience that I heard of from this hotel and their staff. A wonderful place!

Room Tip: Every room was great with a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OrigamiOwlwithPam
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was my first experience at an all inclusive resort. I have never been a fan of all inclusive's as I usually prefer to have an experience all my own however after having 3 kids I really just wanted to get away and relax. The resort was immaculate. I have never seen so many people cleaning in my life. There was not a flower petal on the ground for more than a few minutes. The food was great...not mind blowing but certainly better then I expected. The service was really impressive. The staff was friendly, responsive, and would go out of their way to accommodate any reasonable request. The rooms were nice...again not amazing but certainly more then I needed. I really can't say anything negative about the place and probably the most important thing I can say is that I would not hesitate to go back. In fact my wife and I are already discussing returning next year.

Flushing, Michigan
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Friendly attentive staff! Very good food! Clean ! We had a blast! Would go back in a sec! Beautiful resort! Loved the swim up bar and you can snorkel right there at the resort. We didn't have kids with is but it did look kid friendly. They had a kid zone.

• Stayed February 2014
Saint Michael, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Simply amazing place. We were lucky enough to earn this experience for an incentive trip through Origami Owl. I can't imagine them choosing a better location. The food, location, service, beauty, rooms, it was all impeccable! I can't wait to come back and bring friends.

1 Thank Valerie V
Eastpointe, Michigan
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I just got back from a 4 day stay at the resort and it was amazing!
The staff went out of their way to make everything great and make sure you had what you wanted.
Everything was incredibly clean and the food was delicious.
I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 357 is quiet and has an AWESOME natural view. Very quiet and sitting with the slider open heari...
1 Thank MicheleMBradley
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
#15 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas

Been to Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!