“Excellent Secluded Location!”

Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Minnetonka, MN
“Excellent Secluded Location!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We earned our stay at Fiesta Americana with our Origami Owl businesses and the resort location was outstanding if you are looking for a private, quiet getaway. There are several pools, which offer sun/shade at different times throughout the day. Staff is quick to serve you wherever you sit, including the beach! ALL of the staff that we encountered were amazing. Super friendly and really took time to get to know you. Loved the live music in the evenings near the fire pit! Make sure to have singles/fives on hand for tipping, and make sure to tip. The staff really does work hard and deserves to be tipped. Pesos are not really necessary at the resort, however we did use them in town.

They have an event planner on site for excursions like swimming with dolphins, zip line rides, camel rides in the desert, fishing grips, boating trips to see the arch (in town) and whales. The spa is great and is done by appointment.

We traveled with a 20-month-old and every staff member took time to say hola and adios to her. So sweet and she even picked up some Spanish after our five days there. There is a kids club available, with lots of fun activities for the kids, but the lady working did not speak any English and they will only watch children from 4-12 years of age. This was our first time at a resort with our child so maybe this is typical.. It's good to know ahead of time though.

Cons: Wifi is terrible. The only place to get semi-decent reception is at the coffee shop from what I found. Very basic room service menu. We loved the Mexican cuisine but had a hard time finding foods our daughter would eat. We made sure to have plenty of snacks along that she would eat and they were gone before we left. We had to switch rooms for our last day and we were without a room for three+ hours. This was frustrating with a little one needing to nap.

Traveling with a little one can bring up added challenges so overall I would say this resort is superb and I would highly recommend it for a quiet getaway!

Room Tip: If staying in the main part of the resort, get a room on floors 3-5. Great views of the beach.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,039)
  • Polish first
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This place was beautiful. It had everything anyone could ever want--you don't even have to leave the property, ever. We saw whales from our balcony. We could snorkle right from the beach--and they even supply the snorkles and flippers! The pools were beautiful and heated. The beach was raked. There were hammocks and chaise lounges and umbrellas and cabanas and towels and showers--the only thing I can think of that they didn't do is heat the ocean for us, so it would be warmer, ha ha.

The food was excellent and plentiful. It took a little bit to get used to the idea that we could eat anything we wanted, but we definitely got the hang of it. Thank goodness our trip wasn't too long, or they would have had to roll me home.

It was clean and fresh in the room. The bathroom was spacious, with a lighted make up mirror. The shower was hot and vigorous. The fridge was stocked every day. Room service provided whatever we wanted. It was kind of like having our own little genie!

I cannot say enough good about this place. I would stay here again every time!

Room Tip: I would choose one closer down to the beach and in the hotel proper, if I had a choice. We were up...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kerri D
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Had a partial ocean view room, looking out over the pools. It was like it was in technicolor, so beautiful and magnificent. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. There was a great variety of food, and all of it was tasty. Our favorite was the Italian restaurant, which had stunning decor. It was very clean, and the staff was on top of keeping things "perfect" for each guest. We used their free snorkeling gear, and it was like we were swimming in an aquarium. Saw whales playing every day. Beautiful views from every level. Just my spouse and I went, but we are seriously looking at taking our kids back for a family vacation.

Room Tip: We had a corner, deluxe room with a king bed and it was great. Loved the large shower, too!
1 Thank Janiece F
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Fiesta Americana in Los Cabos, Mexico. My wife won an all expenses paid trip for two, so immediately you know that since it was free I expected the utmost in the facility, the food, the service and accommodations. We stayed in the first week of February the temperature was about 80F in the day and around 60F in the evening, as I expected. As far as the rest..........

Facility:

I expected authentic architecture set on beautiful grounds maintained with perfection and not a weed to be seen. I expected colorful flora and fauna attracting the most inquisitive yet productive humming birds from dawn to dusk. If I were to look east over The Sea of Cortez I would have expected to see whales, families of whales playing, dancing and spouting off just off shore after a fire-red sunrise. Difficult decisions of were to lounge, what pool to sit in, or which shady hammock to nap were definitely expected.

Food:

I would have expected more food choices than I could eat in a lifetime and if I didn't like one I could choose from over a dozen more. An omelette chef, tortilla chef, chilaqulies, juevos rancheros, tostadas with fresh tuna, fish tacos, sushi, and I expect I could go on and on and on. Regardless of what I ate I would accept nothing but the freshest of ingredients and presentation. As far as beverages.......I would expect enough spirits to not remember what I was expecting.

Service:

I would have expected Jose to run at full speed across the resort grounds at least 500 yards to get us towels as soon as he noticed us going for a late evening hot tub and we had none. Thank you for fluffing my beachside lounge-chair with fresh beach towels big enough to para-sail with, it's what I would have expected of course. The young man who taught water aerobics and got everyone really fired-up, well, I would think his knowledge of Mexico's rich history was as extensive as it was. I expect to pass along the meaning of cinco de mayo to my fellows. Guillermo, Francisco, Jose, Juan, you cannot expect me to remember all of their names but as one would have expected they were ALL smiles, good mornings, and holas........ And as expected they were perfecto!

Accommodations:

We expected a clean, up to date room that was comfortable, had a great view and was equipped with all of the comforts of home. Turned-down sheets, chocolates, hot showers with pressure, you guessed it! Expected.

If you are coming here these are the things that I can tell you to expect.I couldn't have expected better if I paid for it. Thank you for all of your staff's hard work.

Amor, High Expectations

3 Thank Steven E
Bountiful, Utah
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We went to with some other couples to get out of the snow and winter. We choose Fiesta Americana because of price and location. We we surprised by the leave of service given for what we received. The food was well prepared, and the waiters did a great job. The location was perfect since we golfed 3 days and the Casa del Sol golf courses were just a couple of minutes away. We also went to town one evening and felt very safe, we ate at a place called the office ( we would highly recommend). We enjoyed the ocean front property and the staff kept the beach very clean. We watched whales daily from our patio.
The only 2 things we wish were a little better was the quality of alcohol for their drinks and they did but light pressure for a time share but my wife was well compensated for her time with a golf round and a massage.

1 Thank Busyguy18
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 February 2014

What an amazing experience! Thank you for our trip to Cabo, Origami Owl! Great location, great service, great views, great rooms, and most importantly great service! The staff spoke and translated great english-spanish and were very patient and polite with communication to help, each and every one. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner options were wonderful, many variations and willing to do a little differently if asked to. The beverages were wonderful, and accomodating to my Tervius I brought with me to keep my drinks hot/cold! The pools were beautiful, access to the beach with snorkeling options and seeing the fish swim at our feet. Many chairs/lounges to share for everyone coming down to the beach. Our group had over 200 people with us and not one bad experience that I heard of from this hotel and their staff. A wonderful place!

Room Tip: Every room was great with a view of the ocean!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OrigamiOwlwithPam
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was my first experience at an all inclusive resort. I have never been a fan of all inclusive's as I usually prefer to have an experience all my own however after having 3 kids I really just wanted to get away and relax. The resort was immaculate. I have never seen so many people cleaning in my life. There was not a flower petal on the ground for more than a few minutes. The food was great...not mind blowing but certainly better then I expected. The service was really impressive. The staff was friendly, responsive, and would go out of their way to accommodate any reasonable request. The rooms were nice...again not amazing but certainly more then I needed. I really can't say anything negative about the place and probably the most important thing I can say is that I would not hesitate to go back. In fact my wife and I are already discussing returning next year.