Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Sydney, Australia
“Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was a prize. My husband & I stayed for 4 nights & did not have to pay for a thing. The accommodations are beautiful, staff are extremely helpful & will go over & above to satisfy you. Food is excellent quality & a wide variety. Location is perfect on the beach & the pool is a great temperature. To my knowledge, all rooms have an ocean view. Our room overlooked the pool so it was noisy most of the time but that did not bother us. If you were looking to get an early night it may be a problem. Loved it, loved it!

Room Tip: I would probably not like a ground floor room as I would not feel comfortable leaving my door open.
2 Thank Samanthao186
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
You are the 1000 reviewer of the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and specially for staying with us.
I am so pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed our hotel and our service, congratulations on winning that prize.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
  • Polish first
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our first trip to Cabo and I cannot say enough good things about it. The hotel is incredible--immaculate grounds with breathtaking gardens, friendly staff, good food, whales jumping every day. Rooms were clean and had most amenities (slippers would be nice!). The food in all the restaurants was wonderful--only one meal was not to my liking, but maybe I just don't like kelp! Especially wanted to mention some of the servers--Israel at the cerviccheria (and his secret drinks) and Jesus at Peninsula in particular were exceptional. FA totally exceeded our expectations and we can't wait to go back. I wish I could remember the names of every staff member that made our trip perfect. They deserve the recognition.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lindatraveler2014
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for the kind words towards our staff and the hotel, I will make sure that Jesus, Israel and the rest of the team know the wonderful things you wrote about them.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your well-deserved vacation at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Thanks again for staying with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

After many uncertainties; including some reviews, if the all-inclusive package was well worth it, we were pleasantly pleased overall. The staff attempted to help often, when they could. We stayed in a two bedroom suite through HGCV. The unit was adequately furnished, but could use some current updating. We knew before hand, a washer/dryer isn't in the unit, rather on every other floor; slight inconvenience. Resort grounds and amenities were quite good. Lack of information for the different amenities and details of the resort would have been helpful and clearer; particularly if the information was written down in the room would be helpful. Having details in English can help guest feel at ease, particularly when they first arrive; not feeling as if they have missed information not given because of language/translation/communication. Please know that most of the staff speak pretty good English or will have someone else come to help them with a question or concern.
Overall, our stay was pleasant and memorable; appreciation to many staff for making it that way. Particular accolades goes out to every drink/food staff at the pools and the golf cart attendants, particularly Jonathan. Food at the restaurants were very good; especially at La Bodega--waiter was outstanding; Carlos I believe!

1 Thank Dave L
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed and wonderful review of our hotel, but most importantly, thank you for staying with us.
I am glad you had a memorable and pleasant vacation and I appreciate your insightful observations about the things we can improve to be better every day.
I will be sending your comments to the food and beverage Manager so that he can share them with his team and motivate them to continue to provide an excellent service.
Looking forward to having you again as our guest in sunny Cabo.
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

First time in Cabo. Loved the resort. My husband and I and kids, 25, 19 and 17 had a great trip. The hotel is so clean and staff is amazing. We enjoyed the service and the food was great. We really enjoyed the sit down meals…not big buffets like other all inclusive resorts. The pools and beach are gorgeous! The hotel is quiet…not what we are used to …but it was relaxing. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HopeGruen
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for your kind words.
I am glad to read that you and your family had a fantastic first experience in Cabo and at the Fiesta Americana Grand.
We are working on a few new surprises, such as more activities and games, I am confident that you and all of our guests will enjoy them immensely.

We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Novato, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here for a week with a family of 4. The resort is gorgeous, right on the water, backing up to some steep hills.
Check in was easy, with a small wait. While we waited, we were greeted by a staff member and immediately offered something to drink. We'd booked through American Express travel, and it was a simple matter of checking in and obtaining the AI wristbands. We were immediately pointed at the concierge for assistance while the bellhop took our bags to our room. We thought this was going to be an introduction to the hotel and amenities, but it actually turned out to be a Vacation Club pitch, graciously given and with an eye to providing discounts on our activities for 90 minutes of our time. This was one of the few sour notes that were struck, and to her credit, the representative was kind, but the timing was off.
Our room did seem a little small at first, but honestly, in hindsight, it was just fine. We were only in it at night time and it had plenty of room for the family. Our room was 305, ocean and pool view, with two double beds. The room had a good sized closet, a dresser/tv stand with a minibar stocked refrigerator (though they didn't get bent out of shape when we used it for some of our own beverages), a stowed coffee maker, a desk, and a lounge chair. There is a small deck with a convenient rod for drying swimsuits, two chairs, and a small table. The floor is tile. The bathroom has a nice large shower, a deep and beautiful tub, and is nicely detailed with lots of counter space and some toiletry storage under the sink. Regarding the beds - these are not your typical Mexican rock-hard beds; they're firm, but not uncomfortably so for my taste. They are, however, true doubles, which makes them very small with two adults, one of whom is 6'2" and takes up more than his share of a bed. So, if a double is too small for you, as it will be for us the next time, consider a room upgrade if you need to sleep more than 2 people.
The resort itself is full of nice details and things to do. We didn't discover that there was a printed schedule with a resort map until our 4th day there - this would have been nice to have upon check in. At any rate, there are things to do from pool volleyball and poolside ping pong, pool aerobics and daily yoga classes, live music nightly at the fire pit, and expect one nice event per week (we had a Mexican fiesta with dancers and talented mariachis).
The food we had was excellent. Breakfast can be had buffet style at the Vina Del Mar (main terrace dining area) or at the Peninsula restaurant (beach side). There are several lunch or light meal options from beach side tacos or the grill (hamburgers, hot dogs and burritos) and then several dinner options as well, ranging from Asian to buffet, Mexican, Italian, and a steakhouse. We didn't have a bad meal while there. There's a little coffee house next to the gift shop that had soft serve ice cream that was a real treat for the kids.
Service was excellent. Housekeeping had a couple minor missteps. We kept getting lots of bath gel and no shampoo; the bottles look exactly alike. They also didn't provide washcloths one day. However, there's a nightly check and turndown service, and without fail, we were able to get anything additional we needed. Plus, we got delicious little chocolates every night that were a family favorite. My son wants to go back for that alone.
Pool side, the waiters were attentive and delivered drinks and snacks when requested. They'd also head out to the beach where there are lounge chairs, hammocks, and umbrellas.
The grounds have several pools - a family pool with sloping depth to the end, which is an infinity pool overlooking the beach, a pool above that with a waterfall as well as the volleyball net and a more consistent depth, an adults-only pool with a swim up bar, and at least one more pool for the exclusive use of Club guests. We counted three hot tubs; there might be more in the Club area. The beach itself has grainy sand, but had the benefit of being shallow with fish coming right up to shore. We saw puffers, wrasses, and several others I can't name, and snorkeling is possible if limited to a pretty small area. Considering the clarity of the water (excellent) and the proximity to the hotel, it was a great bonus for us. The kids had a great time making friends, trying to catch fish in buckets (fortunately unsuccessfully) and splashing around in the refreshing water. Later on this year, sea turtles may make nests on the beach, so you'll have to watch for nests. This time, we saw many migrating whales from the hotel (there's an excellent set of viewing windows on the 7th floor near the elevators) and the beach, including a huge breech from both a large whale and a smaller one on our last day. We also saw an osprey catch a fish, and there are large lizards (black iguanas, I think) throughout the property during the day, poolside in the rocks.
We used the Globo Go service on premise to book our excursions, because I didn't book anything in advance this time. Ekaterina helped us and was great at recommending tour operators and getting the service vouchers and reservations handled. Golf has to be booked through the concierge desk, but what they do is dial the golf clubhouse and then let you make your own arrangements.
One of the other slightly sour notes was when my 9 year old son lost his wristband, we think in the pool. I went to the desk to see about a replacement, and was told that it was $80/day for the missing wristband (!). However, I was also told that since the missing wristband was on a small child, presumably unlikely to be possible scamming the system, that I should just not bother with a replacement, but that some restaurant captains might question us. We took the advice, and had no issues. I was a little concerned about what might happen upon checkout, but nothing did, and we weren't questioned.
Another thing I'd like to mention was that my daughter had a small accident in the pool one night where she didn't see a rock under some moving water, and ran into it. She got a pretty good gash under her nose, running down to her lip. It didn't require stitches, but was pretty nasty and we wanted some Neosporin or other topical aid. I went to the gift shop, they didn't have any topical antiseptics, but the salesperson recommended that I go to the front desk, where they could get security, who had a first aid kit. The front desk was eager to help and called security. He came almost right away with a big first aid kit, and went to our room, where he tended our daughter with some bactine and some excellent zinc oxide ointment. It looked pretty ugly until the morning, when it all washed off. She's pretty scraped up now, but it could have been so much worse, and as it is, it's well on its way to healing nicely with no scar. He remembered us the next night and asked after the family and how everyone was doing. (Note to self - don't get sloppy with the kit...I usually bring everything we might need from Ibuprofen and band aids to Neosporin, but I haven't replenished the kit since I first stocked it 6 years ago, and I'm out of some things. A tip to travelers, like myself, to be prepared!). Anyway, his sincere concern and help was mirrored in many small ways by the large but attentive staff we saw during our stay.
Our check out time was noon, but we weren't going to be picked up until 2 for our flight home. I checked with the front desk the night before to find out about options, and since our room was required and not available for late checkout, I was offered a courtesy room so that we could get our bags out of our room, have them held by the desk, and enjoy the pool for the time until we had to leave. This, in fact, was graciously provided to us - a room on the first floor. This means we got to see the king bed configuration - the room was just the same, very nice, but right on the ground floor so you probably could just vault over the balcony onto the lawn and head out to the pool.
My one recommendation to the hotel would be to find a way to make change for guests. Those of us without transportation are on premise, and while our tips are rolled into the fee, many people do like to give a little extra most of the time, or at least have the option. I did read that small bills are hard to come by, and it's true. Since none of the restaurants have cash options, there's no real ability to get change unless someone can personally make it for you.
We'd never been to Cabo or a Fiesta Americana before, so we aren't looking at this resort as how it used to be, so for us, how it was, overall, was excellent. It's also one of the rare times we didn't have a rental car, but honestly, even though the cab fares seem pretty steep, taking us to Cabo and to one of our activities was less expensive than having a rental car sitting on the property. Since it's an AI, trips to Costco or the Mega weren't really necessary. The resort is not actually in Cabo; it's not on the main beach (Medano) and nothing is in walking distance, so if you're going to want to walk into town or be in the middle of the action, this is not the resort for you. For a quieter, laid back, away from the Spring Break craziness, this was perfect. My husband already wants to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor of the hotel section are convenient to the breakfast restaurant, the coffee...
3 Thank sunbunny31
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel, you give other travelers the chance to get to know it through your eyes.
I´m glad your daughter is doing well and that it was just a minor accident, we actually have a doctor on-site and an agreement with a local private hospital for things like that.
I really appreciate your feedback and I am sending it to the different departments so that they can work on improving those details.

We are looking forward to having you and your family stay with us again and we will make sure to have more of the delicious chocolates for your son.

Poulsbo, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Superb time! Great hotel and excellent staff. Especially Pablo and Danielle by the pool bar. We did not do the all inclusive but found that cabo had a lot to offer. One of the highlights was the excellent service we received from the staff. From the front desk to the bell service to the servers service was above par. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tom58688
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for writing this review.
I am happy to read that you had a superb time in Cabo and with us. I will make sure that Pablo and Daniel know the wonderful things you wrote about them.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Washougal, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

First, I'd like to say, that I've been an owner here for 7 years. We have loved it here and come twice a year.
The good: the property is still clean and well maintained. The spa services were great. The fire-pit area has been expanded and the evening music is lovely. Free wifi (poor signal) & new coffee shop. Looks like they expanded the Kids Club.

The bad: zero communication to owners about the property being all inclusive. I was not even informed at check in. Found out after being BANNED from 2 restaurants at lunch time...yes, owners do not have the option of going to any of the new restaurants (Mexican, ceviche, sushi, grille) unless they purchase an all inclusive package. Zero food service on the beach. NEVER offered a beverage at the pool or at the beach....not once in 7 days. Was it because we didn't have an all inclusive wrist band? Zero food service At the pool, unless you are all inclusive. New menu at the Peninsula Restaurant was lacking. For breakfast, only buffet is offered...no menus. You can go to the coffee shop for coffee & pastry, but being gluten free, my only option, was ordering room service....3800 pesos for papaya, yogurt and juice. Dinner & service at the Peninsula was good & was the only good service we received. The overall feel is that owners are now second class here. For owners to get the same amenities we are used to, we have to pay for it. With all inclusive, comes more people, more booze, more noise. We stayed at the club pool to avoid the nonsense.

If you are an owner, make sure that you hit The Mega so you can eat & drink what you want. And be prepared to be ignored while lounging on the property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Oregonstarrs
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, but even more for being a loyal guest for 7 years.
I apologize for the lack of communication regarding the All Inclusive concept. Emails were sent out with the information but sometimes that does not guarantee that they reach the addressee.
It is important to us that all of our guests feel like our hotel is their second home which is why, even with the new concept, we have maintained 6 options for the guests that choose not to take advantage of the All Inclusive such as Rosato, Viña del Mar, Peninsula, Coffee Corner and Bikini Bar. We are more than happy to accommodate to anybody’s dietary needs, all you have to do is let the waiters know and the chef will prepare the dishes accordingly.
Please send us back your bill from room service for when you ordered papaya, juice and yogurt as $3,800 pesos is not what we charge for that and if you did it must have been some sort of mistake, although I´m guessing it´s a typo and you meant to write something different.
It´s important for me that you know that we no longer serve food on the beach because it was attracting the local fauna and it was not environmentally healthy.

Thanks again for sending your comments and I hope you will allow us to be your host again and give you the service you deserve and have been receiving for the last 7 years. If you have any questions or further comments please don´t hesitate in contacting me.