Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
utah
“PARADISE!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I stayed the first week of April 2014 - booked thru Expedia as an All Inclusive. We LOVED THIS RESORT! The first impression was that we had simply arrived in Southern California (literally?) and we struggled with our decision to try Cabo instead of our usual Cancun. It was really an adjustment and a slow 'dawning' for us to take a deep breath and appreciate what this resort had to offer-- Relaxation! Just exactly what we needed.
It all began with the staff being completely delightful. Smiles everywhere. Check in was quick and easy even tho I had read many complaints about that. The time share person was the only one that made us grumpy and my husband actually had to get downright rude before she backed off. But she did finally and we got to our room, which was crisp, clean and spacious. We had a king bed with a pool/ ocean view. Many palm trees were in the way but it was still very pretty. The pools are salt- (yay!) not chlorine- and the setting is truly beautiful.

Rafael at Rosatos was absolutely unforgetable: "Anything you wish Madam!" was his motto and he delivered with perfection every time. "Mexican coffee" is probably a giant pain in the backside for those guys, but it is soooo delicious and so festive and so sentimental for us, we couldn't resist...gotta give him kudos for doing that twice for us! And Alejandro and Jesus in the Pavillion (patio dining while the waves crash on the rocks below) for breakfast every morning--great service- wonderful food options, great omellettes and mimosas. Alejandro is the man who never sleeps-he was everywhere. Pablo the poolside waiter was always on the watch to make certain we had whatever we needed, really a nice guy. Indeed we are missing all of them now that we are home - it's just not the same- lying on the sofa waving a hand and begging for fish tacos and a margarita - now we're back-- nobody cares! Now we have to just get it ourselves. Ugh.
The resort is beyond beautiful. The grounds are immaculate. The setting is spectacular. You can wade in the ocean maybe up to your knees but I'd not venture out farther than that - there are warning flags and I would imagine it's downright dangerous tide and combined with those rocks - no way would I go in or allow a loved one in it either. The pools are where to play in the water here. It is NOT a party place. Not much excitement going on at all. There were two nights of some lingering spring breakers that got a little rowdy. Some profanity and disrespect that ended quickly. A convention of 350 people came along but it never made a dent in the serenity and the service never missed a beat.
Located between San Jose Del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas could be a deterrent for some, there really isn't anything to do except lay by the pool and eat (constantly) and drink (constantly) or walk along the beach. (the sand is very rocky and painful without shoes) My husband is an avid golfer (addict is a better word - I am a golf 'widow' as they say) but he just couldn't bring himself to pay $350 for 18 holes, so we watched others from the balconies or the shore. (I still can't believe he didn't go!)
We booked a boat trip that picked us up at the hotel and took us to see Lands End and Lovers Beach - others spent the day on that beach but we asked to be taken into town to wander for awhile - the driver was delighted to take us wherever and he picked us up as agreed. I'd say go see the arch-if you're there- it's pretty cool. And the town seemed like it could be a place to find a little more 'trouble' if you're so inclined. *wink* *wink*
We personally enjoy the all inclusive option and this resort has just recently made that move. This is why we selected this resort at this time. Many of the long term time share members seem to be very unhappy about the new all inclusive rules. I'm not certain what the differences are for them but for us -eating at 4 & 5 star restaurants serving positively superb meals, being treated as royalty, being surrounded by majestic views, being able to relax and be pampered for an entire week - well - it was our paradise. Thank you Fiesta Americana!

Room Tip: I think they are all ocean view - higher up the better-palm trees block the view a little bit-but pa...
5 Thank chatwizme
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for writing such an amazing and detailed review.
Rafael, Alejandro, Pablo, Jesus and the rest of the staff are going to be delighted with your kind words towards them, and it makes me proud to read how hard our team is working to take care of our guest.
Cabo truly is a beautiful place and I am glad you chose us over Cancun, both places are gorgeous, but Cabo has a very special thing to it.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you as our guest again.
Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (999)
  • Polish first
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our first time here and we had an amazing time! This trip was with my husbands company as part of their Presidents Club. The staff were all so attentive and kind, seemed to genuinely care about our experience. The food was great and our spa treatments were wonderful!!! I don't know when I've ever been more relaxed, we hope to definetely be able to visit here again!

2 Thank weaselsgirl
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
We take great pride in caring for and attending the upkeep of this beautiful property and providing the best possible service for the guests that stay with us.
I am glad you had a relaxing time and that our staff was attentive and helpful.
We look forward to having you and your husband as our guests again in the near future.
John Kirwan
Managing Director
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the resort 3/27 through 4/4. This was our fourth stay at the property in the Fiesta Club suites area. The staff was friendly but many of the familiar faces from years in the past were gone. The resort was beautiful and meticulously maintained as it has always been, but the segmentation of all inclusive vs. European plan guests and where each could be serviced was uncomfortable. Changes like adding TVs in the elevators as well as TVs and a sushi bar to the once quiet and serene Lobby Bar area may work well for all inclusive guests, but ruin the atmosphere of a once beautiful place to watch the sunset and have a cocktail before dinner. The guitarist Senor Gomez, no longer playing at La Fogata was a disappointment and seeing that beautiful area turned into a Tapas bar was sad. While we will most definitely return to Los Cabos annually as we have truly grown to love the area and are considering buying a vacation home there, we will unfortunately not return to the Fiesta Americana, nor would we recommend the new format to our friends. Perhaps the economics of the "all inclusive model" make sense from a hotel operator perspective, but that simply doesn't work for us. We loved the beautiful quiet environment the resort provided as a home base to us in the past as we visited the many wonderful restaurants and sites in the area. Quiet evening cocktails in the Lobby Bar are now disrupted by blaring TVs running cartoons and sporting events. We can't any long enjoy chips/salsa in the small seating area near the pool bar as that has also been designated for all inclusive guests only. Focus on the all inclusive model has in our minds cheapened the resort and disrupted the ambiance that we had grown so very fond of. We're very sad to have to make a change as the Fiesta Americana Los Cabo felt like "home" to us.

Room Tip: Rooms in the lower buildings near the Fiesta Club private pool feel more private and are most conven...
Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Valerie D
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, but most importantly, for being a loyal guest throughout the years.
We take great pride in caring for and attending the upkeep of this beautiful property and appreciate your feedback on that matter.
Our company was and is very careful about maintaining our GRAND level in our All Inclusive concept and has been able to invest a lot of time and study before making the decision to ‘go’ All Inclusive. We have also taken into consideration that we have to do our best to cater for a wide range of personal likes and needs. We have greatly improved our selection of restaurants and bars and have made sure to create areas where guests can relax and others where guests can enjoy activities and entertainment.
Here at the Fiesta Americana we are proud have improved our customer satisfaction rating since completing the changes to the property last December.
With saying that we also understand and respect that each guests will have different expectations. I would also recommend that our guests openly express their views and recommendations to us while on property so that we can attend you personally and immediately.
We sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to attend you in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Up arrival we were anticipating a "grand" entry and resort. The resort was very nice, but not grand. The resort is a little older, but very clean. The rooms was nice, but nothing special for the price. Rooms need some updating and well as the common areas have no wow factor. We had an upgrade ocean view room, but there was a large palm tree which blocked our view, disappointing.The restaurants had very good food and the service was also very good. Due to resort being so secluded, resort lacked activities. We have been to Mexico over 30 times and love the people and the resorts. Next time we will stay in one of the villages, seclusion and pool sitting is not our style. Enjoyed, but a bit bored. Over priced for the quality of the rooms and the resort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sandy2645
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for staying with us.
It makes me happy to read that you enjoyed our service, food and that the staff was accommodating and pleasant, I agree with you that Mexico does have great people.
I really appreciate your insightful comments and will take them into consideration, we do want all of our guests to feel that this is a Grand resort.
We are in the process of adding more activities and nightlife to make it even more fun for our guests, hopefully you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This was a prize. My husband & I stayed for 4 nights & did not have to pay for a thing. The accommodations are beautiful, staff are extremely helpful & will go over & above to satisfy you. Food is excellent quality & a wide variety. Location is perfect on the beach & the pool is a great temperature. To my knowledge, all rooms have an ocean view. Our room overlooked the pool so it was noisy most of the time but that did not bother us. If you were looking to get an early night it may be a problem. Loved it, loved it!

Room Tip: I would probably not like a ground floor room as I would not feel comfortable leaving my door open.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Samanthao186
You are the 1000 reviewer of the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and specially for staying with us.
I am so pleased to read that you and your husband enjoyed our hotel and our service, congratulations on winning that prize.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

John Kirwan
Managing Director
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our first trip to Cabo and I cannot say enough good things about it. The hotel is incredible--immaculate grounds with breathtaking gardens, friendly staff, good food, whales jumping every day. Rooms were clean and had most amenities (slippers would be nice!). The food in all the restaurants was wonderful--only one meal was not to my liking, but maybe I just don't like kelp! Especially wanted to mention some of the servers--Israel at the cerviccheria (and his secret drinks) and Jesus at Peninsula in particular were exceptional. FA totally exceeded our expectations and we can't wait to go back. I wish I could remember the names of every staff member that made our trip perfect. They deserve the recognition.

3 Thank Lindatraveler2014
John K, Director General at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for the kind words towards our staff and the hotel, I will make sure that Jesus, Israel and the rest of the team know the wonderful things you wrote about them.
I am very happy that you enjoyed your well-deserved vacation at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Thanks again for staying with us.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

After many uncertainties; including some reviews, if the all-inclusive package was well worth it, we were pleasantly pleased overall. The staff attempted to help often, when they could. We stayed in a two bedroom suite through HGCV. The unit was adequately furnished, but could use some current updating. We knew before hand, a washer/dryer isn't in the unit, rather on every other floor; slight inconvenience. Resort grounds and amenities were quite good. Lack of information for the different amenities and details of the resort would have been helpful and clearer; particularly if the information was written down in the room would be helpful. Having details in English can help guest feel at ease, particularly when they first arrive; not feeling as if they have missed information not given because of language/translation/communication. Please know that most of the staff speak pretty good English or will have someone else come to help them with a question or concern.
Overall, our stay was pleasant and memorable; appreciation to many staff for making it that way. Particular accolades goes out to every drink/food staff at the pools and the golf cart attendants, particularly Jonathan. Food at the restaurants were very good; especially at La Bodega--waiter was outstanding; Carlos I believe!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave L
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed and wonderful review of our hotel, but most importantly, thank you for staying with us.
I am glad you had a memorable and pleasant vacation and I appreciate your insightful observations about the things we can improve to be better every day.
I will be sending your comments to the food and beverage Manager so that he can share them with his team and motivate them to continue to provide an excellent service.
Looking forward to having you again as our guest in sunny Cabo.