My husband and I stayed the first week of April 2014 - booked thru Expedia as an All Inclusive. We LOVED THIS RESORT! The first impression was that we had simply arrived in Southern California (literally?) and we struggled with our decision to try Cabo instead of our usual Cancun. It was really an adjustment and a slow 'dawning' for us to take a deep breath and appreciate what this resort had to offer-- Relaxation! Just exactly what we needed.
It all began with the staff being completely delightful. Smiles everywhere. Check in was quick and easy even tho I had read many complaints about that. The time share person was the only one that made us grumpy and my husband actually had to get downright rude before she backed off. But she did finally and we got to our room, which was crisp, clean and spacious. We had a king bed with a pool/ ocean view. Many palm trees were in the way but it was still very pretty. The pools are salt- (yay!) not chlorine- and the setting is truly beautiful.
Rafael at Rosatos was absolutely unforgetable: "Anything you wish Madam!" was his motto and he delivered with perfection every time. "Mexican coffee" is probably a giant pain in the backside for those guys, but it is soooo delicious and so festive and so sentimental for us, we couldn't resist...gotta give him kudos for doing that twice for us! And Alejandro and Jesus in the Pavillion (patio dining while the waves crash on the rocks below) for breakfast every morning--great service- wonderful food options, great omellettes and mimosas. Alejandro is the man who never sleeps-he was everywhere. Pablo the poolside waiter was always on the watch to make certain we had whatever we needed, really a nice guy. Indeed we are missing all of them now that we are home - it's just not the same- lying on the sofa waving a hand and begging for fish tacos and a margarita - now we're back-- nobody cares! Now we have to just get it ourselves. Ugh.
The resort is beyond beautiful. The grounds are immaculate. The setting is spectacular. You can wade in the ocean maybe up to your knees but I'd not venture out farther than that - there are warning flags and I would imagine it's downright dangerous tide and combined with those rocks - no way would I go in or allow a loved one in it either. The pools are where to play in the water here. It is NOT a party place. Not much excitement going on at all. There were two nights of some lingering spring breakers that got a little rowdy. Some profanity and disrespect that ended quickly. A convention of 350 people came along but it never made a dent in the serenity and the service never missed a beat.
Located between San Jose Del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas could be a deterrent for some, there really isn't anything to do except lay by the pool and eat (constantly) and drink (constantly) or walk along the beach. (the sand is very rocky and painful without shoes) My husband is an avid golfer (addict is a better word - I am a golf 'widow' as they say) but he just couldn't bring himself to pay $350 for 18 holes, so we watched others from the balconies or the shore. (I still can't believe he didn't go!)
We booked a boat trip that picked us up at the hotel and took us to see Lands End and Lovers Beach - others spent the day on that beach but we asked to be taken into town to wander for awhile - the driver was delighted to take us wherever and he picked us up as agreed. I'd say go see the arch-if you're there- it's pretty cool. And the town seemed like it could be a place to find a little more 'trouble' if you're so inclined. *wink* *wink*
We personally enjoy the all inclusive option and this resort has just recently made that move. This is why we selected this resort at this time. Many of the long term time share members seem to be very unhappy about the new all inclusive rules. I'm not certain what the differences are for them but for us -eating at 4 & 5 star restaurants serving positively superb meals, being treated as royalty, being surrounded by majestic views, being able to relax and be pampered for an entire week - well - it was our paradise. Thank you Fiesta Americana!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an amazing world of contrasts where the desert meets the sea. For your visit to this seductive and enchanting destination, choose the world-class Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, where your visit will be defined by exclusivity, luxury and distinction. The exceptional hotel helps you to enjoy your vacation in Grand Style. You'll be amazed by the subtle details and the diversity of the flavors, aromas and colors that emerge throughout your stay. Every day is memorable and different. And there's no better way to enjoy it than with our Grand All Inclusive concept, where it's indulging just to be here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos Golf And Spa
- Fiesta Americana Cabo San Lucas
- Fiesta Americana Los Cabos
- Cabo San Lucas Fiesta Americana
- Los Cabos Fiesta Americana Resort
- Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Mexico