“Fabulous family vacation”

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We bought our timeshare at Fiesta Americana 7 years ago. We travel with our children and grandchildren. We are between 8 and 10 people. We love the 3 bedroom unit with the large balcony and huge jacuzzi tub. 6 in our family were in that, and my husband and I had a one bedroom next door. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the all inclusive for 1 day and had an enjoyable meal at the Sushi bar with my 3 grandsons aged 9-12. We then had dinner at Bodega. It was fun to experience the new additions. They taco bar by the pool was also great.
We loved our dinners at The Peninsula, Rosato and Vino del Mar. The staff was very friendly and quick to attend to our orders. The coffee shop is another great addition. Rafael, our pool waiter was the best!!
My husband and I have traveled for 3 months this year. I always look forward to going to new and exciting destinations. I never believed we would enjoy our timeshare like we do. We are only a2 hour flight fromOrange County so the ease of travel is a plus. Our family lives close to one another but we always look forward to our stay and can't wait to come back next year.

Room Tip: We were in the newest section which is a distance from the pool. Although our rooms were next to eac...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shirley L
John K, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for being a wonderful member of our Vacation Club, we are honored to have been your hosts for the past 7 years.
We feel like our guests and members are part of our family and love to see them grow and have fun with us.

Our goal is to keep improving every day and to become the best All Inclusive hotel in the Los Cabos area, so we really appreciate your very positive comments and all the feedback from you and all of our guests.

Thank you again for choosing Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos to be your home away from home.

Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were asked to join our friends who belong to the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club for a week in a two bedroom unit. I thought it would be just a condo with a pool. It was, in fact, a huge property with 7 or more unit buildings, 5 pools and 3 nice restaurants and other informal eating options. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and very helpful. Our room, which was in a upper unit was wonderful; all the units have sea views. We saw a 3 bedroom unit and it was gorgeous!!! We did not rent a car and took a taxi into Cabo and back, which was $20USD each way. We cooked in several nights and went to a Wal-Mart for supplies. I hope our friends ask us to join them again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank annpriv

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at our hotel with the Tripadvisor community.
I am very happy to read that you and your friends had a wonderful time in Los Cabos.

Come back soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

It's rather pricey but it sure is worth it! You will not want for anything and if you do the staff will try their hardest to see that you get it.

Rooms and grounds are very clean and the staff is great! Food was fantastic!

The only problem we had is that there isn't a real beach, definitely no swimming in the ocean here as it is just too rocky. And, the balconies in the rooms were quite small.

Took a trip to Cabo San Lucas and would recommend, especially if you want nightlife. Trip was about 20 minutes from the hotel and a $20 taxi fare

Room Tip: Stayed in room 543, which had excellent ocean views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
I am very glad to read that you had a fantastic time at our hotel and Los Cabos.
We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I had our wedding at the resort last month. It was absolutely amazing! We had 3 nights of events at the resort for our guests and Fiesta Americana knocked it out of the park. The staff always went above and beyond making sure all of needs were always well taken care of. I have to single out our wedding coordinator, Rosaura. She made this the most memorable and wonderful special occasions for us and all of our guests. Our families have been going to this resort every year for the last 10 years, which is why we chose to get married here. Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos always leaves us with the most exceptional experiences and wonderful memories and we are so happy that we chose this venue to start a new chapter in our lives!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! We were honored to share such a special day with both of you, it truly was a magical wedding and the most memorable experience.
Thank you for the wonderful things you wrote about Rosaura and our hotel, guests like you are the reason we give our best every day.

We would love it if you could share some of your wedding pictures on our social media channels.

Looking forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you and your family.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We purchased a vacation club (points system) through Fiesta Americana and the Los Cabos location is our "home" club. It was our first visit as "owners" and some aspects were disappointing. Our room was in an older (Phase Two) unit and was literally the farthest we could be from the main building, pools, etc. The air conditioning in the main unit (a 2 bedroom) didn't work, so we asked to be switched to a newer unit (Phase 3 or 4) with an unobstructed view of the ocean. Those accommodations were MUCH better, BUT we didn't have hot water and had to call twice to have it fixed. Also, for a brand new unit, the top drawer in the kitchen didn't shut, so I had to take the silverware out of there, put it somewhere else and force the drawer shut. They also didn't leave us a sponge, so there was no way we could clean our dishes. I had also requested a bathrobe upon our first day in the newer unit (for some reason there were none and should have been) and they pleasantly (always pleasantly) said yes. It never came. The second day - same thing. Finally on the third day, after asking a THIRD time we got our bathrobes.

We were also disappointed as new owners to get there and be told "we don't take US dollars anymore." You would think they'd pass that on to folks so they wouldn't bring a big stash of cash that they couldn't use at the club. Why couldn't they have emailed that information to us? And the 15% discount that was supposed to be applied to all food and beverage consumed at the resort (we didn't do the new all-inclusive) was not consistently applied. That was frustrating as well.

Overall we had a fantastic vacation. My husband disagrees with me, but when I go away, and it's to a resort where I'm a club owner, my expectations are higher. I don't want to have to remember to ask someone for something multiple times and then track them down when we don't get it - that's what I do in my everyday life and when I'm on vacation I don't need that kind of headache.

Again, we had a fantastic vacation and even purchased more points, but I want to see if service improves when we hopefully go back in January...

Room Tip: If you are a club owner, I'm sure you have your preferences. If you are staying on the hotel si...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kamcalli1

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and Welcome to our Vacation Club.
I am pleased to know that your time with us was great and your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects.

Please contact me for pre-arrival arrangements the next time you come to our hotel, I want you to feel like Fiesta Americana Grand is your second home and we will do our best to achieve that.

Looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place, well kept grounds, and friendly staff.The only downside was the beach.very sharp and rocky.The weather was perfect the whole stay.The food was pretty amazing,and room service was decent.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank tristarr

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel with the Tripadvisor Community.
I am very glad to read that you had a wonderful time with us.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great stay as usual the staff is always so very friendly.
There seems to be confusion on the new All Inclusive for many staff members.
We were guest of the vacation club owners and didn't do the All Inclusive because we like to venture out for evening meals.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views of the Sea of Cortez
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I hope this is your 3rd stay at our hotel out of many more to come.
Thank you for your positive comments and feedback, we are still in the process of training a lot of the recently hired staff and I can assure you that you will be very pleased with their performance and service on your next visit to our beautiful resort.

I would like to encourage all of our guests, to openly express their views and recommendations to us while on property so that we can attend you personally and immediately. We want everybody to feel at home and will do everything we can to achieve that.

We look forward to your 4th visit to our hotel.
Please contact me if there is anything I can assist you with.