“Wonderful staff , great food, lovely view!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Seattle
“Wonderful staff , great food, lovely view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our second trip to resort. We LOVED our server Pablo Gil at the pool. He is awesome! We had great food at the resort.All the hotel staff are great.Beware of vacation ownership offers! Nothing is worth the torture of the harassment we felt.We recommend going to resort as a hotel guest.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Redraven1234
John K, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for this great review of our hotel.
Pablo Gil will be very happy to know that you enjoyed his service.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Polish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I returned from our 5 day vacation last week. We really enjoyed our time at Fiesta Americana. We chose to do many excursions in our short time there, but really, we would have been satisfied spending days just at the resort.

Pros: EXCELLENT service. Very polite staff. Felt like home (which I rarely feel when traveling). Food was much better than what I expected, and the drinks were amazing. Loved the availability of the coffee shop. The pool area is gorgeous, and we loved the seating on the beach. Other travelers vacationing there were polite and no one was too rowdy when we were there. Staff is very helpful in planning excursions, and transportation to and from the marina was easy.

Cons: Would have liked more lunch options. Many of the resort restaurants close for lunch, so your choices are basically grill items. The service at the peninsula bar was pretty slow in our experience, but the swim up bar was much faster. The location is such that you can't see anything on the horizon when you look out onto the water (for example, cannot see the arches or the city). Overall, very minor things that did not affect the quality of our vacation.

Special shout-outs to Doniela (sp?) and to Mauricio, who gave us information regarding the points system. They were very warm and made us feel comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in an ocean view room, and it was well worth the upgrade in price. Beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed a wonderful time at our hotel and in Los Cabos.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the Tripadvisor Community.
I greatly appreciate your kind words towards Daniela and Maurcio, I will make sure they know how pleased you were with their service.
I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding lunch options, out of the 7 restaurants we have 4 are open for lunch; The Grill, La Cevicheria, The Coffe Shop and Península offer a variety of options such as Fish tacos, Ceviche, hamburgers, salads and more. Is there anything specific you would like to see in our lunch menus? We want you to feel at home and will do everything we can to achieve it.

Please do not hesitate on contacting me if there is anything I can assist you with.

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful hotel great views, Good service could be a bit better. One thing about hotel you can not speak with the General Manager you can probably speak with the President of Mexico a lot faster than the GM at the hotel.. We had some issues and ask for him but he always send some one else to talk to us (strange) other than that great hotel for a family

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alvasant
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share it with the Tripadvisor community.
I am glad you enjoyed a wonderful time in Los Cabos and at our hotel.

I regret that you were not able to find me during your stay at our hotel, I was away on a business trip for a few days.
Is there anything I can assist you with now?
Please do not hesitate to contact me, I will send you my email and phone numbers.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Fiesta Americana as a Hilton Grand Vacation Club member. It was me, my adult daughter and my sister-in-law and her husband. We started with a 2-bedroom suite for my daughter and me and a "studio" for my sister-in-law/husband. We couldn't get the suite for the entire time, so my daughter and I moved into separate "studio" rooms after 4 nights in the suite. We spent 3 nights in the studios. We were there for 7 nights total.

We all stayed in the newer part of the resort - up the hill a bit. We could have walked back to the rooms, but in the heat of the day, it was nice to have the staff in golf carts take us back. We normally walked down to the main area of the resort instead of requesting a golf cart. The resort is quite spread out and we did not even see the entire property - just the areas we wanted to see.

We paid for the all-inclusive for $80/day/person and it was worth it. The food was fantastic! The all-inclusive included room service and we ate breakfast in the room twice and ate at different breakfast buffets at other times (or skipped breakfast). The breakfast buffets were amazing - eggs cooked the way you wanted or make-your-own omelets, pastries, european-style breakfasts, fresh fruit, variety of fresh-squeezed fruit juices, you name it - it was there. For lunch, we tried a variety of restaurant options - from burgers / hotdogs to ceviche to Asian fusion. For dinner, we went to nice dining restaurants - they had a Argentinian steakhouse, upscale Italian restaurant, Mexican restaurant and a classic restaurant where you could get a variety. We ate at all but the Mexican restaurant. We had a great meal at all of them - and the portion size was just right. The beverages during the trip were great - and no skimping on the good stuff, nearly all drinks were made with top shelf brands, you didn't have to request it. And, the staff did everything they could to make the stay wonderful. Their motto was, "you're on vacation, let us do it".

The beach was of a course sand, very interesting. However, if you want to swim off the beach, sorry - no can do. It is very rocky with sharp coral. We DID do some snorkeling and the fish were pretty cool. We brought something for them to eat and they went crazy! Fun. And, the staff were very attentive and quickly brought drinks to us under the palapa - thanks, Bladimir! :-)

The rooms were very spacious and had everything you needed, very well appointed. The linens were VERY nice percale which were comfortable on sunburned skin - yikes! Pillows were very comfortable although I found the king-size pillows a bit uncomfortable because they were so large and difficult to get just right, when I switched to the Queen-sized bed, the pillows were smaller and more comfortable. Each room had a balcony overlooking the ocean. It was very relaxing sitting there in the morning with a cup of coffee. Each room also had a large flat-screen TV with plenty of channels (some in English), a telephone, large bathroom (the suite had a 5-piece master bathroom, a 2-piece powder room for guests, and a 4-piece bathroom in the 2nd bedroom), hair dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator (stocked as part of the all-inclusive), and utensils. The suite also had a small kitchen, dining area, livingroom with huge flatscreen TV. The only negative was that the livingroom couch could be turned into a bed I think - but the upholstery was strange and it was impossible to get comfortable on it because you would slide off, and the couch would also slide around on the floor - we didn't use it much, so it wasn't that big of a deal. The floors were made of a laminate, bathrooms were tile. Rooms were clean and the cleaning staff came daily and I think they changed the sheets every day. We did have a couple of cockroaches during the stay - but it is difficult to keep them out and, when we alerted the staff, they came quickly to spray. My daughter didn't have any, thank goodness. In these warmer climates, the bugs can get rather large in comparison to the northern United States where they are killed during the winter freeze. She would have freaked! :-)

All-in-all, it was a very nice stay. I must admit, I really did not want to go to Mexico but I had to use my timeshare points and this was the only place I could get. I'm not one to just sit around for 7 days when on vacation - I like to go and see things. Well, there's not much to see around this area except more resorts. We did take a snorkeling tour but the water was so rough and the equipment so cheap that it wasn't that great. There is great golfing in the area - at a VERY EXPENSIVE price. So, just sitting around, eating & drinking for 7 days doesn't appeal to me that much - but this is definitely the place to do that if it is your cup of tea.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank burnsomaha
Please allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations, which help all the TripAdvisor travelers community.
I am very pleased to know that you had a memorable time at our hotel and in Los Cabos.
Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects.

We look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home.

Frederick, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and loved every bit of it. The food, environment, local people and the water. We have never stayed at a place so well organized and service oriented. We never wanted for anything because the staff was on top of ever little thing. Our waiters remembered our names and drinks. This was the most relaxing Mexican vacation we had ever been on. At the end of our stay we would have added another week if we did not have to go home for obligations. We both loved the wide selection of food choices at the buffet and especially the restaurants. The food was always top of the line in flavor and quality. The taco and hamburgers at the beachside pool where also very delicious. Those fish tacos are addictive. The entertainment at night was great by the fire. the food and Mexican history dance fiesta night with mariachi was also fantastic. The rooms had everything we would expect and cleaned very well every day. The nice cold beer from the mini fridge and ocean view from the room was very nice and relaxing when waiting for my wife to get ready for dinner.
TIPS AND NOTES: #1 the public transportation is cheap at $2 per person compared to $40 for a taxi. But you have to walk 10 min to the main bridge to take the public bus. The walk is not bad. The hotel will only pic you up at the main entrance and not drop you off.
#2. You can go into town and get a high quality professional one hour massage right at the main marina boardwalk for $20 per person as opposed to over $100 per person at the hotel.
#3 snorkel at the beach ITS AMAZING!! There are so many fish down at the beach by the pool. More fish than we have ever seen at any other Mexican resort. You can get snorkeling gear from the activity staff wearing blue shirts. They will bring them to you at your request while you enjoy yourself at the poolside.
#4. The Amazing Cabo race in town is so much fun and a great way to learn about Cabo and the history. The local people are a blast and they all want to help you. So much fun!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank LightHF
John K, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for writing such a detailed review of your latest experience with us. I am very glad to know that you had a memorable time at our hotel and in Los Cabos, and that you took full advantage of all the new things we added as part of the All Inclusive Concept, such as our 7 restaurants and 3 bars, live entertainment and daily activities for Adults and Children. We are constantly planning and working on adding more fun things to do, I am confident that you will be pleasantly surprised the next time you stay with us.

Thanks again for choosing Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos and for sharing your opinion with the Tripadvisor community.

Mission Viejo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We bought our timeshare at Fiesta Americana 7 years ago. We travel with our children and grandchildren. We are between 8 and 10 people. We love the 3 bedroom unit with the large balcony and huge jacuzzi tub. 6 in our family were in that, and my husband and I had a one bedroom next door. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the all inclusive for 1 day and had an enjoyable meal at the Sushi bar with my 3 grandsons aged 9-12. We then had dinner at Bodega. It was fun to experience the new additions. They taco bar by the pool was also great.
We loved our dinners at The Peninsula, Rosato and Vino del Mar. The staff was very friendly and quick to attend to our orders. The coffee shop is another great addition. Rafael, our pool waiter was the best!!
My husband and I have traveled for 3 months this year. I always look forward to going to new and exciting destinations. I never believed we would enjoy our timeshare like we do. We are only a2 hour flight fromOrange County so the ease of travel is a plus. Our family lives close to one another but we always look forward to our stay and can't wait to come back next year.

Room Tip: We were in the newest section which is a distance from the pool. Although our rooms were next to eac...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shirley L
John K, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for being a wonderful member of our Vacation Club, we are honored to have been your hosts for the past 7 years.
We feel like our guests and members are part of our family and love to see them grow and have fun with us.

Our goal is to keep improving every day and to become the best All Inclusive hotel in the Los Cabos area, so we really appreciate your very positive comments and all the feedback from you and all of our guests.

Thank you again for choosing Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos to be your home away from home.

Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were asked to join our friends who belong to the Fiesta Americana Vacation Club for a week in a two bedroom unit. I thought it would be just a condo with a pool. It was, in fact, a huge property with 7 or more unit buildings, 5 pools and 3 nice restaurants and other informal eating options. The staff was wonderful, very friendly and very helpful. Our room, which was in a upper unit was wonderful; all the units have sea views. We saw a 3 bedroom unit and it was gorgeous!!! We did not rent a car and took a taxi into Cabo and back, which was $20USD each way. We cooked in several nights and went to a Wal-Mart for supplies. I hope our friends ask us to join them again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank annpriv
We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at our hotel with the Tripadvisor community.
I am very happy to read that you and your friends had a wonderful time in Los Cabos.

Come back soon.