“We found our place...”

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Like most people before we decide where to spend our vacation we did a little research, and after spending great 10 days at Fiesta Americana, I can say ..."We found our place". I know there are more luxurious, fancy and etc. places around, but people ...they do this place. GREAT SERVICE! Since first minute everybody make us feel at home, Daniel at the pool, Anselmo at the breakfast, Michaell, Sergio, Manuel, Angelo, Viktor, Dony and all others whose names I do not remember / I apologize for that/

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BoykaNN
John K, General Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for this wonderful review!
I am very pleased to know that you found “your place”, we are honored to have you as our guests and really want you to feel that this is your home away from home.

Thank you for choosing Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos, we look forward to being your hosts again in the near future.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (5,328)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We decided to stay for the 2nd time at this resort as new members of the FA vacation club. At first we were not very pleased to find out that the Studio we reserved was much smaller than the floor plan published in the members guide, expecting a much bigger and functional kitchenette. But after experiencing the great service given by Leonardo and Raul at the pool as well as all the staff at the "Viña del Mar" restaurant, all of the bad taste faded away. We stayed most of the time at the resort and enjoyed a free day of "All Inclusive" service. We even enjoyed a free 5-min massage at the pool to try out the level of professional service of their SPA. I also enjoyed the gym which is very well equipped. The night events were always very pleasant, with live music at the bonfire and the chance to experience fireworks as part of corporate events taking place at this resort. We will definitely come back many more times to this wonderful spot!

Room Tip: As vacation club members I recommend the 1st villa. Closer to the hotel pool but farther away from t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for being loyal member of our Vacation Club and for taking the time to write this review.
I am happy to read that you had a memorable time at our hotel.
I will make sure to let Leonardo and Raul the wonderful things you wrote about them, I am confident that they will be very motivated by your words.

We look forward to having you as our guest for the 3rd time.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife and I went to Cabo San Lucas for our 12th anniversary. When we arrived, check in was so easy! I can't say enough great things about the room. Maybe it wasn't the fanciest of rooms, but the view....OH MY! THE VIEW! It was AWESOME! The hotel is beautifully groomed. The staff is very friendly and really on top of everything.

Talking about the staff, there were two people in particular who made our stay memorable, German Aaron who was extremely friendly and professional, we really felt treated like VIP all the time by him, he goes above and beyond to please every guest. The other one was Nayeli, she found out we were celebrating our anniversary and arranged a VIP spot in one of the restaurants, she also surprised us by asking the staff to decorate our room in a very romantic way, she really care about how the guest feels and any feedback we might have.

The grounds are beautiful and maintained meticulously. Like Disneyland, there is someone always cleaning, pruning, polishing, etc. All the staff in hotel works really hard to please every guest, bring some tip money, It's not expected and they really appreciate it when it's given.

The food was excellent and plentiful, it felt gourmet all the time! It took a little bit to get used to the idea that we could eat anything we wanted, but we definitely got the hang of it. Thank goodness our trip wasn't too long, or they would have had to roll me home. The drinks were premium and you could drink anything you wanted. This is the best all-inclusive we had ever had, nothing can compare to it!

On a side note, going into town was fun and very safe, you can get a shuttle from the hotel for $10 round trip. Go to Lover's Beach or Pelicano beach on the glass bottom boat (taxi boat) and see the Arch up close. Great experience. There are locals to help you off the boat with your stuff. We brought towels, beer and a snack in a cooler we bought.

From start to finish our experience at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos was amazing. From the beautiful grounds and location to the friendly staff. We don't usually like to repeat vacations, however, we would come back here.

Thank you to all of the staff who made this incredible vacation happen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cancun123455870

Congratulations on your anniversary!
I am very delighted to know that you enjoyed a memorable time with us.
Thank you for your wonderful words about German Aaron and Nayeli, they will be very proud to know how much you appreciated their service.

We look forward to having you back for another wonderful experience in Los Cabos and at Fiesta Americana Grand

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was our second trip to resort. We LOVED our server Pablo Gil at the pool. He is awesome! We had great food at the resort.All the hotel staff are great.Beware of vacation ownership offers! Nothing is worth the torture of the harassment we felt.We recommend going to resort as a hotel guest.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Redraven1234

Thank you for this great review of our hotel.
Pablo Gil will be very happy to know that you enjoyed his service.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I returned from our 5 day vacation last week. We really enjoyed our time at Fiesta Americana. We chose to do many excursions in our short time there, but really, we would have been satisfied spending days just at the resort.

Pros: EXCELLENT service. Very polite staff. Felt like home (which I rarely feel when traveling). Food was much better than what I expected, and the drinks were amazing. Loved the availability of the coffee shop. The pool area is gorgeous, and we loved the seating on the beach. Other travelers vacationing there were polite and no one was too rowdy when we were there. Staff is very helpful in planning excursions, and transportation to and from the marina was easy.

Cons: Would have liked more lunch options. Many of the resort restaurants close for lunch, so your choices are basically grill items. The service at the peninsula bar was pretty slow in our experience, but the swim up bar was much faster. The location is such that you can't see anything on the horizon when you look out onto the water (for example, cannot see the arches or the city). Overall, very minor things that did not affect the quality of our vacation.

Special shout-outs to Doniela (sp?) and to Mauricio, who gave us information regarding the points system. They were very warm and made us feel comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in an ocean view room, and it was well worth the upgrade in price. Beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very glad to read that you enjoyed a wonderful time at our hotel and in Los Cabos.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the Tripadvisor Community.
I greatly appreciate your kind words towards Daniela and Maurcio, I will make sure they know how pleased you were with their service.
I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding lunch options, out of the 7 restaurants we have 4 are open for lunch; The Grill, La Cevicheria, The Coffe Shop and Península offer a variety of options such as Fish tacos, Ceviche, hamburgers, salads and more. Is there anything specific you would like to see in our lunch menus? We want you to feel at home and will do everything we can to achieve it.

Please do not hesitate on contacting me if there is anything I can assist you with.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Beautiful hotel great views, Good service could be a bit better. One thing about hotel you can not speak with the General Manager you can probably speak with the President of Mexico a lot faster than the GM at the hotel.. We had some issues and ask for him but he always send some one else to talk to us (strange) other than that great hotel for a family

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alvasant

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share it with the Tripadvisor community.
I am glad you enjoyed a wonderful time in Los Cabos and at our hotel.

I regret that you were not able to find me during your stay at our hotel, I was away on a business trip for a few days.
Is there anything I can assist you with now?
Please do not hesitate to contact me, I will send you my email and phone numbers.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Fiesta Americana as a Hilton Grand Vacation Club member. It was me, my adult daughter and my sister-in-law and her husband. We started with a 2-bedroom suite for my daughter and me and a "studio" for my sister-in-law/husband. We couldn't get the suite for the entire time, so my daughter and I moved into separate "studio" rooms after 4 nights in the suite. We spent 3 nights in the studios. We were there for 7 nights total.

We all stayed in the newer part of the resort - up the hill a bit. We could have walked back to the rooms, but in the heat of the day, it was nice to have the staff in golf carts take us back. We normally walked down to the main area of the resort instead of requesting a golf cart. The resort is quite spread out and we did not even see the entire property - just the areas we wanted to see.

We paid for the all-inclusive for $80/day/person and it was worth it. The food was fantastic! The all-inclusive included room service and we ate breakfast in the room twice and ate at different breakfast buffets at other times (or skipped breakfast). The breakfast buffets were amazing - eggs cooked the way you wanted or make-your-own omelets, pastries, european-style breakfasts, fresh fruit, variety of fresh-squeezed fruit juices, you name it - it was there. For lunch, we tried a variety of restaurant options - from burgers / hotdogs to ceviche to Asian fusion. For dinner, we went to nice dining restaurants - they had a Argentinian steakhouse, upscale Italian restaurant, Mexican restaurant and a classic restaurant where you could get a variety. We ate at all but the Mexican restaurant. We had a great meal at all of them - and the portion size was just right. The beverages during the trip were great - and no skimping on the good stuff, nearly all drinks were made with top shelf brands, you didn't have to request it. And, the staff did everything they could to make the stay wonderful. Their motto was, "you're on vacation, let us do it".

The beach was of a course sand, very interesting. However, if you want to swim off the beach, sorry - no can do. It is very rocky with sharp coral. We DID do some snorkeling and the fish were pretty cool. We brought something for them to eat and they went crazy! Fun. And, the staff were very attentive and quickly brought drinks to us under the palapa - thanks, Bladimir! :-)

The rooms were very spacious and had everything you needed, very well appointed. The linens were VERY nice percale which were comfortable on sunburned skin - yikes! Pillows were very comfortable although I found the king-size pillows a bit uncomfortable because they were so large and difficult to get just right, when I switched to the Queen-sized bed, the pillows were smaller and more comfortable. Each room had a balcony overlooking the ocean. It was very relaxing sitting there in the morning with a cup of coffee. Each room also had a large flat-screen TV with plenty of channels (some in English), a telephone, large bathroom (the suite had a 5-piece master bathroom, a 2-piece powder room for guests, and a 4-piece bathroom in the 2nd bedroom), hair dryer, coffee maker, refrigerator (stocked as part of the all-inclusive), and utensils. The suite also had a small kitchen, dining area, livingroom with huge flatscreen TV. The only negative was that the livingroom couch could be turned into a bed I think - but the upholstery was strange and it was impossible to get comfortable on it because you would slide off, and the couch would also slide around on the floor - we didn't use it much, so it wasn't that big of a deal. The floors were made of a laminate, bathrooms were tile. Rooms were clean and the cleaning staff came daily and I think they changed the sheets every day. We did have a couple of cockroaches during the stay - but it is difficult to keep them out and, when we alerted the staff, they came quickly to spray. My daughter didn't have any, thank goodness. In these warmer climates, the bugs can get rather large in comparison to the northern United States where they are killed during the winter freeze. She would have freaked! :-)

All-in-all, it was a very nice stay. I must admit, I really did not want to go to Mexico but I had to use my timeshare points and this was the only place I could get. I'm not one to just sit around for 7 days when on vacation - I like to go and see things. Well, there's not much to see around this area except more resorts. We did take a snorkeling tour but the water was so rough and the equipment so cheap that it wasn't that great. There is great golfing in the area - at a VERY EXPENSIVE price. So, just sitting around, eating & drinking for 7 days doesn't appeal to me that much - but this is definitely the place to do that if it is your cup of tea.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank burnsomaha

Please allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review and recommendations, which help all the TripAdvisor travelers community.
I am very pleased to know that you had a memorable time at our hotel and in Los Cabos.
Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects.

We look forward to welcome you back to your home away from home.