Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
US$1,428
US$1,113
Official Website
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$564
US$550
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$541
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$326
US$263
Melia.com
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$771
US$751
  • Breakfast included
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$568
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$626
US$176
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$162
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$320
  • Beachfront
5,638 results
All reviewspeninsula restaurantla bodegabikini barisrael castillosushi sky barfire pitlos cabosvacation clubour waiterbeautiful resortall inclusive resortfish tacostime sharefood and drinkstop shelfkids clubthe mexican restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Loved every minute of our stay here! The service was excellent and the rooms clean and comfortable! Highly recommend the spa massages! Cannot say enough good about this place! Favorite restaurant was the Rosato and least fav was the Pennisula. Night life at the resort is not wild and almost non-existent but for those looking for this type of fun...Cabo is the place to be. This would be a great place for families with small children. They had adult only pool and areas for couples or those who want more tranquil setting.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the pool...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Shelley B
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We were here for a week and had a terrific time. Cabo is absolutely beautiful with spectacular sunrises and sunsets.
The check in was fast and efficient. I read reviews of unfriendly staff but never found this to be so.
The beach is scenic but the water is not really good for swimming...too many rocks. If you stand by the waters edge the fish are actually swim right up to you.
There are 5 pools so it's easy to find one (family, singles) to meet your requirements. My husband and I stayed at a quieter pool.
There is entertainment each night but there isn't a nightclub..for that you have to go into the city.
We enjoyed the food ...especially the Italian restaurant and the vina del mar. There weren't huge buffets but there were lots of options. The flat bread pizzas at the Pavillion were great.
The waiters were absolutely wonderful. Anselmo at breakfast and Caesar at dinner (both at the vina del mar) and Jesus at the pavilion were delightful and fun to speak to. Mauricio at the pool made water aerobics a hoot.
Would I come back? You bet I would.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Cookjar
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We celebrated our honeymoon with an all-inclusive four-night stay June 9th-June 13th 2014. In all, an excellent stay. Would we go back? Absolutely.

THE GOOD

Arrival. Entering the Cabo del Sol community and the subsequent half a mile through well-manicured streets was the perfect way to set the stage for our arrival at the resort. If driving, the parking is the convenient surface lot immediately to the right past the greeter. Valet also available. Check in was smooth and courteous, complete with a welcome glass of champagne. Be aware that immediately after check in, you will be greeted by a "welcome tour". It's basically a brief overview of all the activities that can be booked through the hotel concierge (extra charge). Why do the bother? So they can explain how all of those costs can be reduced or eliminated by attending a timeshare breakfast. We declined (didn't fit our schedule) and it was very low pressure. We talked to a few people who did attend and they actually enjoyed it. So, if you want some spa credit or a free booze cruise to the arch, do the 90 minute breakfast.

The staff. Wow what a great staff. Nothing but smiles, upbeat attitudes and helpfulness. I just can't say enough about them. Example: Ask where the bathrooms are, you will get escorted. Or: Just walk down the hall. Everyone, and I mean everyone will greet you. In a bad mood? Good luck staying in it! Just a happy vibe all around.

The property. It is lovely and it is well-maintained. It is also in a lovely setting. The upkeep is non-stop and it shows quite well.

The spa. Good heavens this is a nice spa. Very clean, very quiet, very large.

The all-inclusive package. I really was not left wanting. Not every bite was the best I've ever had. But for the most part it was great! If you're there for a fiesta night, take part! It's a lot of fun and a great way to meet some of the other travelers - also lots of quite good food. Just about every food and beverage need was met during our stay. Don't miss Rosato! It's a great "last night of vacation" dinner. Make sure your restaurant of choice is open on your desired night, especially during "off season" (June - October).

WHAT I'D CHANGE

Pool / beach service times. During the long, hot summer days, I'd like to see service begin a little earlier and end a little later...but most importantly begin a little earlier. We are early risers and were on the beach by 9:00am. We expected some sort of service (at least walk-up somewhere in the pool/beach area) to be available at that time - at least by 10. Service didn't start until 11am. This is probably fine for most vacationers - admittedly there weren't a ton of people on the beach before 11. However, for those of us who were, it was still hot and we were getting parched. With nothing available nearby, we had to put our shoes and shirt back on and trudge all the way back up to the lobby bar - a significant excursion. When service did start promptly at 11, it was fantastic.

Gasoline-powered carts. We invested in an 80-minute couples massage on the spa deck in a private cabana. The massage? Epic. What wasn't so epic was the frequent growl (and smell) of the maintenance vehicles on the service road near the deck. I find the odor from vehicle emissions to be more pronounced in Mexico (different gasoline?) and most of the time I don't mind it at all. But during a relaxation massage, I'd rather smell a rose. I would hate for the solution to be just not do massages on the deck as it is a lovely way to enjoy the services. Besides investment cost, there's no reason electric vehicles couldn't be used instead. This is really small potatoes and if this is one of my two complaints, that tells you how awesome everything else was. I just notice these things.

The beds. They could be a teency bit softer. This was a first-impression thing. I had no problems sleeping...but then again I fell asleep at the beach, at the pool, on the massage table...

WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW (neither good nor bad, just info):

Nightlife? Depends on your definition. There is no club. There is no karaoke bar. There is fiesta night and there is live music down by the fire pit / beach a couple nights a week. These are wonderful offerings and just our speed. After 10pm? Not really much "entertainment" so to speak. Again, we loved that since we were looking for a getaway, not a bachelor/ette party. We spent time in the hammocks on the beach looking at the stars. But some folks might be looking for a more lively night. 10 minutes down the road is town. Plenty of excitement there! I only mention this because I heard it from other couples that they were looking for something to "do" later at night. We were happy just being; breathing it in, and sipping some wine on the balcony.

Wide age range. There are families with young kids. There are honeymooners or other younger couples. There are retirees. With the timeshare element to the property, there is a slight majority of the 40+ crowd. The resort is set up for this variety of guests. There are three pools - one of which is adult-only (has the swim-up "Bikini Bar"). Conversely they also have some kids activities. I found it to actually be a real nice balance of all guest types - a true resort. We were honeymooners and had no problem finding like-minded couples.

Changing ocean conditions. The beach is both swimmable and not swimmable. During our stay there was a sorta swimmable day, a wonderful swimmable day, a NO SWIMMING day and another good swimmable day. We visited during hurricane season and while we saw no trace of hurricane weather, we certainly saw some of the effects of a distant hurricane in the waves. The ocean is rocky off the beach and it's just not a good idea to swim when conditions are rough. They do have some snorkeling gear and I did some great snorkeling (lot's of fish!) - but I consider myself lucky. Also, in June this ain't the Caribbean! Surface water temp was around 70 - chilly to most. This isn't the resort's fault. If you are centering your vacation on swimming in the ocean, you could be disappointed depending on time of year and prevailing conditions. I actually enjoyed all the conditions. The bigger waves may have kept us out of the water but made for spectacular scenery and wonderful sounds to sleep by.

Getting around. Town is a short 10 minute drive - if you drive. They do run a shuttle, which is great! But a) it's $10USD per person each time and b) it's their schedule, not yours. Of course taxis are abundant in town, but those aren't exactly a bargain either. I went to town precisely twice. Once for a scuba trip and again after we checked out to do some shopping before our flight. We were perfectly happy being on property pretty much the whole time; beaching, drinking, napping, pooling, eating [repeat].

SUMMARY

We would go back. We would recommend to others looking for our type of vacation!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end are most quiet, but the most walk.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Cali_Matt-O
Reviewed 9 July 2014

First and foremost, I was very unsatisfied with my stay here. In comparison, I had stayed at Riu before and since Fiesta Americana had a higher star rating, I was expecting better experience but unfortunately, it is not the case.

Number of nights stayed:
5 nights with 2 kids
Resorts overall view:
simply magnificent, beautiful, and vacation worthy
Rooms:
Furniture are totally outdated - lamp shade falling apart
Bed - my wife and I woke up with stiff neck after the first night. Needless to say, the rest of
the nights made things even worse
Air Condition in dining area - NON-existent. We went during a month of July and the weather
was very humid. The sweat as you eat fells like you are in a farm. Needles to say that
you had some sweaty servers(not thier fault). You lose your appetite.
Breafast - It was good on the first day and after that, you get tired right away becuase its the same thing everyday, they could have done more food varieties besides pancakes one day and french toast the next day then the cycle begin again.
Dinner - dinner at The Peninsula was very good I must say but very long wait, be prepared.
Pool - I could not tell the difference in water temperture between the jacuzzi and the pool. It was hot.
Night Entertainment - 3 of the nights we were there, the band just stood thier and played music like a stiff statue. No interaction with the crowd at all(like where is everybody from, are you guys having a good time, honeymooners, etc...).
KIDS CLUB
Dirty, dirty, dirty dirty.... The place is a total mess. The workers thier are nothing but WARM buddies. The majority of the time, they were always on thier cell phone checking god knows what...they hardly played or paid attention to the kids. Again, its the resorts fault. These so called babysitters were totally not trained, good luck if you drop off your kids and they end choking up(god forbid), they would not know since they don't pay attention. AND, the main entrance door, can easily be open by a 2 year old like mine and walk out. Again, sitter would not have any idea that one of the kids had walked out(i know the age limit is 3 years old but imagine if a 2 year old can easily get out.)
WiFi amenity - very spotty

At Riu, everytime we leave a tip in our room, when we came back, the housekeepers would leave like a animal towel art.

Would I recommend this resort? Not for what they are advertising for in terms of amenities and price.
Would I go back to this resort? Most likely NOT. I was very dissatisfied with my stay.

I hope my review will be read by Fiesta Americana so that future vacationers will have a better experience than my family and I.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Allan S
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our second time staying at an all-inclusive, and I could definitely tell the switch to all-inclusive was fairly recent. From what I understand, they were a time-share hotel and switched to all-inclusive format.

There were about 9 restaurants total, but none that were great. The first restaurant we went to, which served typical tacos and ceviches, was not very fresh, and worse yet, served lukewarm, flat beer in glasses. We asked if we could get a cold beer in a bottle, and they said they didn't carry beers in bottles, only served in glasses...Very disappointing.

Other restaurants were not that much better. Sushi restaurant wasn't very good at all, and the steakhouse had very thin pieces meat.

Peninsula was the one we frequented the most. It was decent, and the service was excellent.

Room service was also disappointing. We used room service twice, it's actually one of my favorite things about an all-inclusive hotel, but both times they messed up on our order and they didn't use carts but trays that made it more difficult to clean up afterwards.

Lastly, they had a little café that had coffee and desserts, but their ice cream machine was broken the whole time we were there. I was looking forward to cold treats that I can just grab, and I was sorely disappointed when I found out that not only was it broken, they weren't trying to fix it anytime soon.

The resort itself is very pretty, and the room was fine. Air conditioning worked great, and we liked the layout of the place.

We also really liked the nightly entertainment they had, with live music by the beach. We enjoyed just sitting outside, by the beach, grabbing some food and drinks. Really felt like we were on vacation.

I think overall, this place has a lot of promise, but they just need to work a little on the details of the food and service. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but not sure if we would go back to this resort. There seems to be so many choices in Mexico.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple