“Excedeed Expectations”

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Once again the beautiful days of July have arrived and my wife and I decided to go on vacation to Cabo Mexico. This was our first time in Los Cabos and we were completely swept off our feet immediately upon arrival we were taken away by the beautiful view of the ocean and mountains. The resort sits on a hilltop located in a beautifully manicured gated community with Jack Nicklaus award winning golf course. Without saying a word our room was upgraded from a garden view to an ocean view on the sixth floor which had and amazing view ( which we were anticipating to pay for ). The resort grounds including large infinity pools, beautiful elegant restaurants, and picturesque beach are all meticulous. In addition we would like to express to all of our fellow travelers that Fiesta Americana is not just your typical all inclusive resort, but rather a distinct property that will accentuate every guest's senses. Every single day we were greeted from the grounds keepers to general managers with a warm smile and a genuine kind gesture. All the waiters were extremely attentive and offered exquisite pairings with every course as well as their preferred top premium drink, which I thought was a unrivaled example of going above and beyond for your customers. Adding to such exquisite service we must say that Armando from Peninsula deserves definite recognition for his service to people and excellence, while Ismael from the swim up bar makes perfect top shelf Margaritas, and our favorite Mudslide. My friends our end to this vacation is only the beginning for your magical time at the majestic Fiesta Americana. Believe me when I say choose this resort for your next vacation spot, because you will have all of your needs met, the comfort level in rooms is excellent, the staff is very professional, and location is phenomenal.

P.S. No matter what, the staff never pressured us to leave tips, but we wanted to leave tips and sometimes more than enough......Why??? because they deserve it. Enjoy your stay in Fiesta Americana.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better view of the ocean.
2  Thank AskoAli
Write a ReviewReviews (5,231)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and two daughters (21 and 16) STAYED 7/5 - 7/120. I will start by saying that yes the restaurants are not air conditioned and in July you (and the wait staff) will sweat. But the food is DELICIOUS!!!!! For the reviews that said the steaks were flat, you probably ordered the rib eye (flat but delicious). The tenderloins are thick, tender and DELICIOUS! ALL of our meals were DELICIOUS! Breakfast at either of the two restaurants is great though we preferred to eat down by the beach. Lunches and dinners were great. Reservations not needed this time of year. Ok, enough about food. The service. Friendly, polite, efficient. All wait staff at all restaurants were great. Shout out to Antonio and Oscar at he pool bar and a big shout out to pool wait staff Pedro! Front desk staff - great. Concierge - great. Housekeeping - great. I think if you up great customer service in the dictionary, the staff at this resort will be in the definition. We were in rooms 425 and 426 in the resort section and had great views. Upper floors have better views. Pools are great but warm. They put up a huge screen TV to watch the world cup from the pool. Beach is typically not swim-able although we did see the staff take people out snorkeling. the sand is very course. There are plenty of chairs at the beach and pool so no need to get up at dawn to save a seat. Check in was no problem. Room service was great. Rooms were nice and cleaned well every day. No housekeeping issues. Entertainment at the fire pit was good, but it ends at 10PM. We missed much of it because we were at dinner. Town is a short cab ride away. We went on a snorkeling trip with cabo Excursions the beach hopper tour and it was GREAT!!!!!! I don;t know what else to say - great resort, great vacation! Message me with questions.

Room Tip: For non time share guests - level 400 rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jcrummie
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am staying here at FA Los Cabos. I have some things to comment that I hope some people will listen to before visiting. There are many pros and cons to this facility.

PROS:

1.) The grounds here are beautiful and very well maintained.
2.) The pool grounds are also gorgeous too.
3.) Plenty of restaurants to choose from, no matter what your food taste is.
4.) Staff is very nice and welcoming.
5.) All-inclusive is the way to go here because you have a good choice of restaurants and the food was great!
6.) The beach is really nice. If you are swimming, you will need to go to the "safe swimming areas" because there are a lot of large rocks and boulders that line the perimeter of the property.

CONS:

1.) It is unbelievably hot here. The only things air-conditioned throughout the entire facility are your rooms. Do not expect to go to any of the restaurants and eat comfortably. Between the hot air and the flies, it can make you miserable. I'm surprised that this type of facility does not air-condition its restaurants. By the way, the main lobby and elevators are not air-conditioned either.

2.) As previously mentioned, the pool grounds are gorgeous. However, the temperatures of the pools are like saunas!! While speaking to other guests at the facility, they complained about this too. Don't expect a "refreshing" dip in the pool. Instead, take a cold shower.

3.) If you are coming from the U.S., bring smaller bills with you. The hotel lobby, concierge, and bars will not "break" a 20-dollar bill for you in order to get smaller dollars for tips. I was told by the concierge to "ask the valet service" if they could give me change for a 20. Really?? What kind of Hotel doesn't break bills at the front desk? I was not asking to exchange for pesos. I just needed change for a 20!!

4.) The time share people will hound you when you get there. My husband and I traveled 10 hours on a place to get there. We couldn't wait to check in our room and get settled. Instead, we had to sit in the hot lobby after check-in to listen to someone tell us about the "promotions" that the Hotel offers (A.K.A. "Time Sharing"....even though they'll tell you they aren't a time share facility). Not what I expected to walk into within 15 minutes of arriving at the Hotel.

5.) Drinks are cool at best. Cold beers stay cold for about 5 minutes. This also includes mixed drinks. At the pool, we were ordering cups of ice with our drinks.

6.) Pool-side bar and food service is very slow. You will be greeted by someone when you take your seat at the pool, but don't expect to see them for another few hours. The staff at the pool looked extremely busy. The bikini swim-up bar seats about 9 people. Once people find a spot there, they don't leave it so it is difficult trying to "swim-up" to the bar for a drink. We walked around to another bar to get drinks.

7.) There is no night-life in the Hotel after dark. They do have a fire pit that some people go to at night, but more heat was the last thing on my mind!!

This Hotel is beautiful to look at. My husband and I always stay at 5-star hotels, and this hotel was no way near a 5-star. I understand that they just switched over to an all-inclusive and there are some "glitches" that need to be worked out, but I'm sure that air-conditioning isn't one of them.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't go back or recommend it to anyone who is looking for a 5-star place to stay. I think there are too many things at this Hotel that don't live up to a 5-star rating.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Grand Club rooms. Average room at best. Nice bathroom, and very comfortabl...
6  Thank Travel Q
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 10 night stay at the Fiesta Americana. We absolutely loved it. The pictures do not do this property justice. We have traveled to numerous all-inclusive resorts and the service at the Fiesta was by far the best that we have experienced. We want to highlight a few of the employees by name: Antonio/Oscar (Bikini Bar), Renzo (pool side server -amazing), Jorge (Peninsula Restaurant - above and beyond), Oliver/Iraisa (front desk) and our great server during a special beach side dinner - Roberto.

The food was fantastic. We would recommend the fish tacos, just about everything at the Peninsula during dinner and having 24/7 room service was an added bonus. Also, the property was well maintained and each room has an ocean view as mentioned in other reviews. The only areas for improvement especially if you travel this time of year is the lack of AC in the restaurants and there is really no night time entertainment other than a band playing by the fire pit.

It's worth the trip to venture into Cabo San Lucas for a day or night trip depending on your goals. During the day you can take out one of many boats set up for you to see the arches and many beaches. A lot of shopping, dining and swimming as well. The night turns into a true party scene with a ton of bars/clubs.

Overall, to say we enjoyed the Fiesta Americana would be an understatement. We would definitely recommend the resort if you are visiting Cabo.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better beach view. Also, we stayed in the main building which gave us great acc...
3  Thank Moe P
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The resort is incredible, they have very large lagoon style pools, swim up bar and all of them have a view of the ocean, some are infinity edge. The grounds and beach area are well maintained, they include huts on the beach or open area for full sun tanning. The access to the ocean is in an area close to the hut area and you can soak.

We ate at every restaurant and the food was outstanding, they prepare as a 5 star restaurant would and the flavors are very good. The restaurants are modern and well designed, service was very good!!!

The rooms were great, very spacious and well appointed (great mini bar!), beds were great, slept well.

We have stayed at many top resorts in Cabo all inclusive and not and this resort has exceeded all of them, my wife and I had an outstanding time.

Over all if you looking to stay and a beautiful resort that is very well maintained, with outstanding food and service, stay here!!

Gregory and Jennifer from California

5  Thank Gregg H
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is very nice and the staff is excellent, friendly and helpful. Daniela in the concierge office welcomed us with information we needed to make our stay more enjoyable. The service at the restaurants is excellent....you really don't have to go anywhere else except to enjoy true Mexican food at the local haunts.. Mitchell at the Peninsula restaurant gave us the best service, was there before even needed anything and had some great tips for wines with our meal. He even told us the restaurant would cook our fish to order if my husband caught any and depending what he caught, had some good ideas for wines. We did the all inclusive two days and I'd well worth it!
The only complaint is not offering free shuttle to owners who stay or upgrade during their stay as a show of appreciation....other than that and the humidity we had a blast!

3  Thank 995saundram
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We just got back from a week-long stay at Fiesta Americana! The great reviews here on Trip Advisor are what ultimately made our decision to book here, versus the other two hotels we were looking at. Our first impression when we arrived at the hotel were half-empty glasses of drinks on the tables you sit at in the lobby. While trying to keep my three kids away from someone else's old drinks, my husband checked us in. The check-in was fairly easy. Prior to arriving in Mexico, my husband had asked the hotel for a few surprise decorations in the room at check-in since it was my birthday. To his disappointment, when we walked into the room, there was none of this sort. After asking again, they did provide a fun decoration when we arrived home from dinner that evening. The jacuzzi bathtub in our room shot out gross black stuff when turned on. They came to fix it once, but it never solved the problem completely, so we didn't use it the rest of the stay. The room we were in was very outdated. We learned all of the newer buildings are for the time share holders only. Our biggest complaint about the hotel is how difficult it is to get around with a stroller. Even to get to our room, we had to carry our heavy City Select stroller up a flight of stairs every time. The elevator took you to our floor, but there were still stairs to get to our room (Grand Master Suite). We asked to move rooms, but the lady at the front desk was rude, and didn't want to help. To get to the Peninsula restaurant, we also had to haul the stroller up several stairs. Sometimes, employees would offer to assist my husband and that was very helpful. If you don't have young kids, then this would obviously not be a problem at all. The time share sales people are quite an annoyance. They have breakfast at The Peninsula Restaurant every morning while trying to sell to potential buyers. So much for a relaxing breakfast overlooking the ocean. You get to overhear very loud salesmen and women giving their pitches. The restaurant food here is ok, nothing that stands out. The service is very hit or miss. You could get great service one day and then horrible the next. The service at the poo, however, was fantastic. We had Israel several times, and he was wonderful and made our days at the pool fantastic. He would have another drink dropped off before finishing the one prior. He was great with our kids and always thought of fun drinks (virgin) they would enjoy. We also had Raphael one day and he was great as well. My daughter cut her foot on a broken tile in the shallow end of the kid pool, so be cautious of that. The ocean view here is beautiful and my kids loved all the colorful fish you could see right at your feet in the water. Overall we had a good time and my kids enjoyed their stay. It definitely does not compare to other all-inclusives we have stayed at in the past for the same rate. Our expectations for this hotel were high based on so many great reviews here. Unfortunately, we were quite disappointed and will not return. The hotel has a lot of potential, but needs a lot of work.

Room Tip: If you have a stroller or wheel chair, make sure your room is accessible without the use of stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family