“This place is great!”

Ranked #224 of 555 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Wonderful and spacious restaurant that many of the locals patronize. The food was fantastic and reasonable with a varied menu. Phone number is 624 122 5810
Newington, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Its a little off the beaten path (about 4 or 5 blocks), but well worth the extra walk. We were so impressed by our friends reviews the night before that we had to go an it was wonderful! The chef Danny Sanchez came out and introduced himself and explained some of his grandmother's recipes that had the authentic old world flavors infused in the refried beans and salsa. They were really impressive and full of flavor and I rarely get excited about refried beans. Then Its a little off the beaten path (about 4 or 5 blocks), but well worth the extra walk. We were so impressed by our friends reviews the night before that we had to go an it was wonderful! The chef Danny Sanchez came out and introduced himself and explained some of his grandmother's recipes that had the authentic old world flavors infused in the refried beans and salsa. They were really impressive and full of flavor and I rarely get excited about refried beans. Then I had pazole soup which was even more impressive. I finished with a Tres Leche cake which was "out of thisI had pazole soup which was even more impressive. I finished with a Tres Leche cake which was "out of this world" good. But I would be remiss to not mention the service with our waitress from Vera cruz Ms.Suheay (ms?), she was very sweet and helpful. The whole meal was excellent.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank jackanderson151

Tucson, Arizona
“Great food, friendly service and low prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visit at least once a week! I have to say the Pozole Rojo con Pollo is the best I have had in Cabo. I have tried many of the dishes here and there honestly is not a bad one on the menu! The vibe here is relaxed and comfortable almost like being at home! Give it a try you won't be sorry!

Sherwood Park, Canada
“Great Mexican Food off the beaten track”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

Stopped here for supper on Monday (14 Jan '13) and had an excellent meal of the enchilada verde with pork. The dips they brought with the chips while I was waiting were excellent, but the refried bean dip was best. Service was great, food was good and price was very affordable.

• Visited January 2013
Milwaukee
“Authentic Mexican!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We went to La Mexicana later at night. There were only a few people in there, all locals. Jesus, the waiter could tell we were struggling with the menu, so he came over and asked what we liked and didn't like and recommended things based on that. Everything was wonderful. I also ordered Tequila on the rocks, and they came back with the biggest glass of tequila I have ever seen.. and very reasonable! I would definitely recommend it!!

• Visited January 2013
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“High Quality, Real Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

Being a local, I've eaten a lot of Mexican food over the years from little hole in the wall to the usual tourist spots.

This small restaurant is a few blocks past the area most tourists go to, but well worth the extra couple blocks. I've only eaten lunch here and it's always filled with locals. The manager came to the table to welcome us and when I told him I don't eat meat he had the cook make some modifications to menu items I never would have chosen myself.

The food was so amazing, and more delicious than I anticipated from just reading the menu. I ate until I was way past full to make sure I tried everything on the table. This is real authentic Mexican food with great prices and great service. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2012