“Fun experience”

Xtreme Adventure Cabo
Ranked #26 of 109 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: WHERE THE LAND ENDS, THE ADVENTURE BEGINS...! WE'LL RIDE FOR APROX. 2 1/2 HOURS AMONG HILLS, CREEKS,RAVINES AND MOUNTAIN, IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH LOCAL WILDERNESS, FLORA AND WILDLIFE.WE'LL BE VISITING AN ANCIENT VILLAGE BAMED " LA CANDELARIA" RICH IN FOLKLORE, WITH IT'S 300 YEAR OLD TRADITIONS. THE TOUR WILL CONTINUE WITH A TRUE TEST OF OUR OFF-ROAD SKILLS, AS WE TACKLE THE TRAIL USED IN THE "BAJA 1000" INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun experience”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had lots of fun, and the views of the place they take you are amazing, plus yo get to drive a really cool car. I recommend it to everybody who wants to have fun.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Odettalvarez

Thompson, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Had fun, felt extremly safe!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I shared a buggy in March. I'm assuming if I drove I would have had more fun. This review is from a passengers point of view. Personally I'd prefer a more adventurous excursion like zipling.

The guides were fun but most importantly concerned about safety. They are owned by Polaris so they take things seriously. They have a no funny business policy. If you goof off and don't follow instructions they will take your keys from you and have someone escort you back to camp. Don't expect to go off and do your own thing. You travel single file through the dessert. Stopping along the way to take a break, and enjoy the sights.

I would do this again if travelling with someone who wanted to go but it wouldn't be a must if we go to cabo again.

Overall id recommend this to a friend but if they only had time to do one thing in cabo this wouldn't be my 1st choice.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank SarivieaandRob2254
Delafield, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“These are the only guys I will use in the future”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The highlight of what was already a great trip. Jimmy joked that they were still trying to get their first bad review, well this won't be it. The short version is that the RZRs were in really good condition and a ton of fun to drive; and they have a great route picked out to really see what they can do. This is not just a slow single file tour along a straight trail up to some village. This was a hard charging romp through switchbacks, banked turns, dry river beds, and over all kinds of stuff. And oh yeah, the scenery and the beach were awesome too.

This outfit is actually owned by Polaris, the American company that makes these vehicles. I wasn't exactly sure what that would mean, but it gave me some confidence that they weren't going to want to be associated with something that left a bad taste in your mouth. You only need to look at the stock price (ticker: PII) to see how they run their company. For a simple example, using a credit card. Turns out that what it means to be owned by a big American company is that it is a very professionally run outfit.

The facilities were nice and clean, and the exact correct vehicles are already fueled and waiting for you when you get there. And they have a full fleet sitting there if you decide you really wanted a four seater or whatever. And Jimmy and Tony were the best. Very friendly and entertaining.

Tony led us through all kinds of terrain and gave us a chance to really open these things up, and man is it crazy fun! They let us go over 50-60 mph for much of the tour, over and around all kinds of stuff.... I still can't wipe the smile off my 12 year old son's face. Meanwhile Jimmy takes shortcuts to all these different spots so he can take a bunch of cool action photos of you (the "picture package" seems to be a staple of any and every excursion in Cabo, and while that gets to be a little off putting, this one time I thought it was actually worth it for the pictures we got, including the rare sight of a near teen with a smile on his face!). He also stages a few pictures for you against crashing waves and whatnot so you definitely get some Christmas card material out of it.

We didn't see anyone else on the trails until we got to the beach, which is near the end of the tour. We saw a ton of other groups on the beach, and the scenery is great there, but after having gone through what we just went through, I think I would have been as bored as the people on these other tours looked. Many of these other tours were also quite close to the water.....check the local laws on driving through sea turtle nesting areas. Another instance where I appreciated the extra professionalism.

We had another family of four in our group, with the kids not yet old enough to drive. As we were starting out, the mom seemed a little apprehensive to be in her own RZR. At the end, the dad mentioned they could do it again and next time maybe take the quad seater. Mom replies "NO WAY! I Want to be behind the wheel!" Like I said.....crazy fun!

Visited April 2014
Los Cabos, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Tour, Bad Host”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This is probably one of the best off road tours in Cabo. The Polaris are very well mantained and our tour guide Tony was very good. The only downfall was one of the guys who works there named Jimmy from Seattle. He was very abnoxious and was using foul language when describing the tour in front of my kids (6 and 9). He also exagerated a bit, he claimed we would hit speeds of 70mph but the speedometer read kilometers per hour which is still a good speed but not what he had said. He also told us there would be xtreme jumps and we would be getting lots of air....uumm not really. He actually made people feel nervous and doubtful of going on the tour. Also there is a 10 dollar entree fee per polaris and you cant take your phone or camera on the tour you have to buy there pics, so bring extra $. Overall it was fun and my family had a good time but just wish they had someone more professional behind the desk.

1 Thank DoYouEvenCritique
Rockville Centre, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Went on an outing here while on a company trip. There were 9 of us and we couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was. The guides were great. The machines were in good shape and pretty fast. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014