“Hard to find but worth discovering”

Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #13 of 627 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. We walked right by it a few nights earlier without even noticing it. It has a small curb presence, but once inside, the decor is charming, comfortable, and the staff is friendly and attentive. We ordered fish grilled with garlic and butter. It was sea bass which seems to be pretty standard in Cabo San Lucas. The entree was served with fresh vegetable and Mexican rice. The portion was ample, delicious, and reasonably priced. there were several dessert choices, but we were too full to order any. Alcohol is not served at Maria Jimenez. That didn't bother us.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

By far the best meal we had all week and great prices. My husband and I both walked out completely stuffed and happy. The owner does not speak English but goes around to all of the tables with one of the waiters to make sure everyone is happy, she is very sweet. They do not have a liquor license but do not mind if you bring your own wine. Very small place, looked like if you eat too late there will be a wait if you don't make reservations. Food and service were amazing, what more can I say.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Maria cooks every meal herself. Her son oversees things and between the two of them they run a great operation. She serves true Mexican Food, which is hard to find in Cabo. Enchiladas, Fajitas, Chili Rellenos, all of the true Mexican dishes are served. Only two issues: No alcohol is served, but you can bring in your own wine. And there are only about 7 or 8 tables in the restaurant, so you might have to wait for a table. Small, charming with EXCELLENT FOOD!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I agree with everything the "valerie617" reviewer wrote. I thought my tortilla soup was fantastic, and what was really unique was the virgin mojito. Like a minty icee that was so refreshing on a warm cabo evening. (Reviewer gary may have been describing it) The BYOB is easy- they are right by a little mini mart that you could grab your cold beers from.
I only went because a friend has lived in cabo for 17 years and it's her favorite. We all met at the Puerto Pauriso Mall and she took us on a 5-7 minute walk to get there. Yes, it's a block off the beaten path of that main drag through cabo, but I would not say "bad neighborhood". The restaurant is a normal little home that they converted into a restaurant and it's a WINNER!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

What a great little restaurant. The food and atmosphere was really traditional. All of the staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. Just a small place with no liquor which was not a problem because me and my husband do not drink.