“Massage”

Solmar Spa Collection
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reconnect with your senses and strike a balance between your body and mind at one of our Spa locations surrounded by the Pacific Ocean.Playa Grande Spa, has an extensive menu of personalized signature experiences, including massages, exotic face & body rituals and full range of salon services, created to respect the body´s complex physiology and work in synergy with the skin, body and mind. Everything you see, smell, hear and touch will be a delight to the senses. All you have to do is rest your mind and breathe freely.The Playa Grande Spa specializes in wedding parties, hair styling and pampering mothers-to-be. Men find much to like here as well.Sea Spa Cabanas at Grand Solmar are located at the beautiful Land’s End Terrace just steps from the Pacific Ocean. Enjoy the light caress of a gentle sea breeze and the soothing sound of ocean waves while achieving total relaxation. The Sea Spa offers a menu of innovative services in a breathtaking location. This is one experience you don’t want to miss.Spa Cabanas at Solmar -Only one word can describe a personalized spa experience right on a golden beach with the sights and sounds of the ocean just a few feet away: heavenly. Revitalize your body, recharge your spirit, and renew your well being with a variety of treatments and services created to work in synergy with the skin, body and mind.We invite you to come to feel and see the difference….
Reviewed 22 November 2013

One of the best massages I have ever had! However, I was told one price for three massages before we started and when we were done, it was $40 more per person. When I questioned the man at the front desk, he stated he had quoted me this price and I was mistaken. Rather than create a scene and spoil the experience for my two guests, I paid the extra $120! Also we had just purchased a time share and don't think I will return - feel taken advantage of. If you decide on a massage, pay upfront.

SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Nannie2014, i want to thank you for your comments regarding your spa experience, it is always important to hear all our guest opinion and then be proactive and start working and all the details. Please accept my most sincere apologies for that inconvenient during your visit at the spa, and we will love to welcome you back for you to enjoy our spa one more time.

Sincerely

"ocean waves"
in 8 reviews
"wonderful massage"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this spa"
"mani pedi"
in 8 reviews
"deep tissue"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I went to the Spa for a Pedicure and a Stress Away Message. My experience started with Nayeli for the massage. I was completely relaxed when it was done. I went from there to see Piedad, who gave me my pedicure. She was wonderful to talk to and gave me a beautiful pedicure. I would recommend this spa to everyone.

SolmarSpaCollection, Spa Marketing & Sales Coordinator at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Traci H, thank you so much for taking time to share your spa experience on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your massage and pedicure. I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to Piedad & Nayeli, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in you home away from home.

Jazmín de Robles Colón.
Spa Marketing & Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I've had the pleasure of using the spa services at Solmar Playa Grande several times. The management and front counter staff are very helpful, polite, and professional. Many thanks to Piedad for her outstanding service and skills with hair, manicure, and pedicure. She is quite simply the best and the services are world class. Thank you so much and I look forward to returning.

Irena U, Manager at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear ToddGArk,

thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at our Playa Grande Spa. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed Spa Services. We do our best to give to each guest unforgetable experience and our best service.I will make sure to pass your lovely comments to Piedad and the rest of my staff.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This year brought a "new" treatment surprise at the Playa Grande Spa... Ictiotherapy (or Fish Therapy)... At first it tickled and I just had to calm down, and focus on keeping my feet in the water, because I was scaring the fish! After just a few moments, the fish literally went crazy - I have been on an aggressive detox program for early-acquired & diagnosed Lyme disease, which affects many body "systems", but especially the skin. So, this was a real test. I must admit I was a bit skeptical, but not anymore. The fish were ALL OVER both of my legs, and would have continued right up my dry leg if they could have survived out of the water! I thought the fish were like this on everyone, but they are NOT. I personally witnessed other guests doing the exact same treatment, and they only had 4 or 5 fish on both legs total on them. I had almost every single fish in the tank on mine, and EVERY TIME TOO - I've been there for 3 treatments since I've been here on vacation. I am definitely doing one more treatment before I head home - wish I could buy these fish at home. (You can bet I'll be looking into it for sure!)

Irena U, Manager at Solmar Spa Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Dear Deborah H,

thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our Playa Grande Spa. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed Ictiotherapy, a revolutionary treatment, done with the help of freshwater fish ‘’Garra Ruffa’’ also known as ‘’Doctor Fish’’. While gently exfoliating and suctioning the dead skin cells, Garra Rufa Fish secrete an enzyme called Anthralin containing dithranol which stimulates the regeneration process of skin cells and is used in cosmetics as an ingredient in rejuvenating creams. Thank you again for your lovely comments.