“Wonderful Service! Fantastic People!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #150 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: La Taverna GastroBar on the Cabo San Lucas Marina is rapidly becoming an attraction on the CSL Marina. Open for breakfast (5.99 us specials) and lunch (under 10 us) for 5 years, started serving fine dining at affordable prices on November 2012. Great ambiance, excellent food and warm service are our constant. Give us one of your nights, we´ll make sure you return.
Spring, Texas
“Wonderful Service! Fantastic People!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The beer was ICE cold, the service was fast, the server was super friendly and outgoing. We enjoyed our experience so much we came back a second time :)

Visited August 2014
Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you Danyale!
For us it´s a privilege that you choose our place among all the options. Welcome to the family! Hope to see you back soon!

San Diego
“Amazing Restaurant, must go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have so many great things to say about this restaurant. I would recommend going early in your stay because you will for sure want to return.

Food: My husband and I had the Surf and Turf for two and it did not disappoint. The food was cooked PERFECTLY, the proportion was more than enough. It included steak, lobster tails, shrimp and the catch of the day (which was the best fish I have ever had). I would put this meal as my favorite of the trip and probably one of the best meals I've had anywhere. I will add this as a place I visit every time I visit Cabo.

Service: The service is the other great part about this restaurant. The owner is so friendly and he is very attentive to all his patrons. He personally made the bananas foster right next to the table (which was also so delicious). He checked on us multiple times to see if we were enjoying the meal and he really seemed to be a genuinely kind person. His other employees seemed also very nice, but I was especially impressed with the care he puts into his restaurant.

Other highlights: Reasonably priced, the wine was also great, it's about 5 min walking distance from the Solmar resorts.

As we were eating, there were many people walking by who have no idea the little gem they are missing in Cabo! This is my first review on trip advisor and I'm only doing it because I was so very impressed.

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much Rebekah. Comments like this remind us why we choose this business in the first place!
Welcome to the familiy. I shared your comment with the staff, we all thank you for the kind words and look forward to serving you again.

Vista, California
“Never Disappoints!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our 3rd time to La Taverna and it will not be the last!!! Justo, Chef and Owner, gives the most amazing personal touch and Jimbo's service is second to none! His Mexican Cajeta made table side, raises dessert to a whole new level! You won't find this anywhere else in a Cabo! Add this to your favorites...you won't regret it!!!

1 Thank Jacqueline A
Thank you Jacqueline!
It was a privilege serving you again. To us it´s all about creating a big family and doing things differently at La Taverna.
We´re very grateful you shared this on TA, it´s our only way to spread the word.

Look forward to welcoming you again!

Westminster, Colorado
“Nice Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We walked by a couple times. We finally stopped for dinner. Jimbo is a wonderful waiter. My son had flambéed shrimp and loved it. But the hit was the flambéed desserts. My boys shared the strawberries and went nuts. My older son said it was better than anything I had ever made. My younger son asked for a glass so he could drink the sauce once the strawberries and ice cream were gone. We came back the next night for the bananas. My husband had the Sexy Lady, which was delicious. My son wanted to lick the plate of the banana dessert but my husband wouldn't let him. They want to go back to Cabo and eat at Taverna every night!

1 Thank Shannon M
San Antonio
“Best local restaurant in Cabo San Lucas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We love this place! Best food in the Marina. We had the Cajun Shrimp quesadillas with the most delicious cole slaw we've ever tasted. My boyfriend loved the steak tacos and homemade guacamole also. Ask for Grandma's extra hot - hot sauce! On the side for sure.
We've had a condo at Playa Grande for the last 15 years and will definitely eat here every time we're in Cabo.
When you go, ask for Juanito - aka "Johnny B. Good." He is a very friendly, very attentive waiter and speaks perfect English.
Enjoy!