“Great Atmosphere and Food”

La Taverna GastroBar
Ranked #161 of 571 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: La Taverna GastroBar on the Cabo San Lucas Marina is rapidly becoming an attraction on the CSL Marina. Open for breakfast (5.99 us specials) and lunch (under 10 us) for 5 years, started serving fine dining at affordable prices on November 2012. Great ambiance, excellent food and warm service are our constant. Give us one of your nights, we´ll make sure you return.
Fort Worth, TX
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I were staying at an all-inclusive resort for a week, but after a few days we wanted to get out and try something else for dinner. We found this place online and decided to give it a shot. It has outdoor seating right on the water in the marina, and it has a great ambiance. I started out with a mango margarita and a shrimp and lobster bisque, then got a surf and turf with a rib-eye and lobster tail, and all was excellent. My wife had the tortilla soup (she swears it was the best she has ever had) and coconut shrimp that she was extremely pleased with. Our waiter, Jimbo, had a great personality and was a great server. The service was great, but not speedy. I think this was due to one server for all the tables and one cook in the kitchen. Overall, this place was excellent.

1 Thank jims21
Justo C, Owner/Chef at La Taverna GastroBar, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you so much Señor Jim for your kind words and for your patience with our service! Being consistent with our Slow Food commitment, we make every sauce, dressing, soup, etc. To order, from scratch...
Hope to see you back soon and again Muchas Gracias!

Los Angeles, California
“Great Food and Ambiance”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

this was the best place we ate at on our trip. Better than solomon's landing which was referred to us. Good prices, quality food, great ambiance. Kudos to Jimmy and JohnnyBGood, Hector and Luis the kitchen guys. we really enjoyed your food!

1 Thank susanboettner
Thank you Susan for your kind words!
The gang was very happy to read you remembered their names. Thank you for letting us be part of your Cabo experience...

Hope to see you again soon.

Spring, Texas
“Wonderful Service! Fantastic People!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The beer was ICE cold, the service was fast, the server was super friendly and outgoing. We enjoyed our experience so much we came back a second time :)

Thank you Danyale!
For us it´s a privilege that you choose our place among all the options. Welcome to the family! Hope to see you back soon!

San Diego
“Amazing Restaurant, must go!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I have so many great things to say about this restaurant. I would recommend going early in your stay because you will for sure want to return.

Food: My husband and I had the Surf and Turf for two and it did not disappoint. The food was cooked PERFECTLY, the proportion was more than enough. It included steak, lobster tails, shrimp and the catch of the day (which was the best fish I have ever had). I would put this meal as my favorite of the trip and probably one of the best meals I've had anywhere. I will add this as a place I visit every time I visit Cabo.

Service: The service is the other great part about this restaurant. The owner is so friendly and he is very attentive to all his patrons. He personally made the bananas foster right next to the table (which was also so delicious). He checked on us multiple times to see if we were enjoying the meal and he really seemed to be a genuinely kind person. His other employees seemed also very nice, but I was especially impressed with the care he puts into his restaurant.

Other highlights: Reasonably priced, the wine was also great, it's about 5 min walking distance from the Solmar resorts.

As we were eating, there were many people walking by who have no idea the little gem they are missing in Cabo! This is my first review on trip advisor and I'm only doing it because I was so very impressed.

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much Rebekah. Comments like this remind us why we choose this business in the first place!
Welcome to the familiy. I shared your comment with the staff, we all thank you for the kind words and look forward to serving you again.

Vista, California
“Never Disappoints!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our 3rd time to La Taverna and it will not be the last!!! Justo, Chef and Owner, gives the most amazing personal touch and Jimbo's service is second to none! His Mexican Cajeta made table side, raises dessert to a whole new level! You won't find this anywhere else in a Cabo! Add this to your favorites...you won't regret it!!!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jacqueline A
Thank you Jacqueline!
It was a privilege serving you again. To us it´s all about creating a big family and doing things differently at La Taverna.
We´re very grateful you shared this on TA, it´s our only way to spread the word.

Look forward to welcoming you again!