“All around GREAT fishing experience!”

Fishing Charters Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing Charters in Cabo San Lucas. "We teach you to fish" Fish for marlin, dorado, tuna, wahoo, sailfish, roosterfish and more all year round. American owned and operated.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I found Fishing Charters Cabo online and emailed asking about their last minute fishing specials. Don Armstrong was quick to respond with a great price and had a great attitude, so I reserved a full day on the Grey Light. I have fished Mexico before and this experience was hands down the best! Carlos and Cha Cha were so friendly, spoke great English, and obviously know how to fish! We concentrated on billfish and I caught 3 sailfish and released a 4th since I hooked 2 at the same time. Such an exciting day on the water! They even took me over to the arch on the way back into the Marina so I could take pictures!

I originally booked a shared charter through my hotel. My share of a 28' boat with 2 other people was $342 which included everything but food and drink. I knew that was extremely over priced so continued looking. Don's last minute fishing special was the 30' Grey Light with the same immenities for $400 and I had the boat, and all the fishing, to myself!!

Check out the picture of my 1st sailfish on their website blog. :-)

I am hoping for an annual trip to Cabo for fishing and will book again with Fishing Charters Cabo! My one and only disappointment was that I waited so late in my trip to book. If I had booked earlier in the week I would definitely have gone out a 2nd time!!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"cabo"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Walk the marina the day before and check out the boat with the most flags and ask who the captain was, they will switch boats so thats the key. We got a 6 hour trip for 500 that you pay for bait and licence. Expect more from a full day as far as bigger fish as our other party got a marlin but had to go out far. We saw whales, turtles, sea lions who almost jumped into the boat and dolphins. We caught mahi, sailfish.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We had a great time and prices were reasonable ($350 for 1/2 day for 5 ppl incl bait, licences etc...). Because the sea was rough the kids (ages 9,11 and 14) started to get a little green after a coupole of hours. We caught our limit of yellow fin tuna and still had the afternoon to clean up and have it made into sushi, great day with great memories

Reviewed 17 January 2013

DREAM WEAVER SPORTFISHING was the BEST fishing we've had in a long time. We have gone sport fishing in Alaska, Cancun, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta and the BEST has been with Dream Weaver Sportfishing out of Cabo San Lucas. On Jan 2, 2013 we hired Ramon and William. We left at 6:10am and didn't return until sunset. Ramon and William worked very hard, chased many fish and made the day very enjoyable. We kept 9 Dorado, caught/released a large Marlin and snagged 2 more Marlin but couldn't bring them in. We booked through Tom and he was very helpful in getting licenses and arrangements. Both Ramon and William spoke English very well and had absolutely NO issues at all. As we came off the boat, there's a restaurant, Mis Suenos, offered to cook our fish different ways...excellent. But, be careful..they want to take ALL the fish to 'pick the best fillets' but we only gave them 1 1/2 fish...probably too much for 4 people but it was excellent! As we left the marina many vendors asked how much we wanted for each kilo of fish..no thanks! I ABSOLUTELY would book through Dream Weaver again. They are a little expensive but you get what you paid for.

1  Thank twinsisChicago
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 December 2012

A few years ago we went deep sea fishing with some friends on the Gaviotta#2 and caught 5 Marlins and 14 Dorados. This year while on vacation, my husband and I rented a boat again from the Gaviotta fishing fleet and were very fortunate to get the same Captain who's name was Chappo to take us out. Chappo, is an old time experienced fisherman who knows where the fish are. He made is easy for my husband and I to reel in all of the Dorados that we caught. We brought them in by ourselves. That was the best part. The only negative thing I had about the trip was that the manager who booked our trip told us that the license and bait was included. Of course when we got there, we were surprised that we had to pay an additional $36.00 for the license and $25.00 for the bait even though we negotiated a price in writing. I would suggest having your hotel make you your lunch and provide beverages for you before boarding. Otherwise, it will cost you more at the marina. We went to Costco and bought all of our food the night before. If you want to go fishing, go with Gaviotta Fishing Fleet and ask for Chappo. You can negotiate a great price and spend the day fishing and having fun.

1  Thank AMAH1645249