“Chivato sport fishing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fishing Charters Cabo

Fishing Charters Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing Charters in Cabo San Lucas. "We teach you to fish" Fish for marlin, dorado, tuna, wahoo, sailfish, roosterfish and more all year round. American owned and operated.
Portland Oregon
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Chivato sport fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Husband, friend and two guys they met at hotel went fishing with Luis Abaroa Flores he is the captain and owner of the boat. Went out for eight hours. The boat was all equipped and clean with great crew. He is just starting his business and is a very nice guy who knows all about deep sea fishing would recommend him highly.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank suzyPortlandOregon

Sherwood Park, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Angels II Little Ericka are awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

Booked a half day fishing trip with Mario Garcia on Angels II. started out great, we had a double header with 2 Dorado in the first half hour. Within the first two hours we had caught 5 and landed three. As we approached Lighthouse bank we switched to live bait and immediately caught more. At this point we were releasing the fish. When Mario saw we were releasing them he immediately turned the boat away from the bank and back towards the marina. We trolled for 2 hours over a flat expanse void of any fish. A complete waste of time. not to mention while reeling in one, the reel busted on the the rod and then the rod pocket in the chair busted out. Loved fishing in Cabo, would never use this crew or boat (or sister boat Little Ericka) again. Crew was miserable, hated catch and release, and refused to let us fish so they scammed us by tolling over areas devoid of any fish. Take any other charter and you will have a much better experience

Visited November 2013
2 Thank RumPig764377
Don A, Owner at Fishing Charters Cabo, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Angels II and Little Ericka have nothing to do with Fishing Charters Cabo. Could you please correct the review to not affect Fishing Charters Cabo. There are many charter operations in Cabo San Lucas and many have very similar names. Please correct this. Otherwise, we object to this review as not relating to Fishing Charters Cabo.

Thank you.
Moxee, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All around GREAT fishing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I found Fishing Charters Cabo online and emailed asking about their last minute fishing specials. Don Armstrong was quick to respond with a great price and had a great attitude, so I reserved a full day on the Grey Light. I have fished Mexico before and this experience was hands down the best! Carlos and Cha Cha were so friendly, spoke great English, and obviously know how to fish! We concentrated on billfish and I caught 3 sailfish and released a 4th since I hooked 2 at the same time. Such an exciting day on the water! They even took me over to the arch on the way back into the Marina so I could take pictures!

I originally booked a shared charter through my hotel. My share of a 28' boat with 2 other people was $342 which included everything but food and drink. I knew that was extremely over priced so continued looking. Don's last minute fishing special was the 30' Grey Light with the same immenities for $400 and I had the boat, and all the fishing, to myself!!

Check out the picture of my 1st sailfish on their website blog. :-)

I am hoping for an annual trip to Cabo for fishing and will book again with Fishing Charters Cabo! My one and only disappointment was that I waited so late in my trip to book. If I had booked earlier in the week I would definitely have gone out a 2nd time!!

Visited September 2013
Ithaca, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fishing A+ and a nature tour as well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Walk the marina the day before and check out the boat with the most flags and ask who the captain was, they will switch boats so thats the key. We got a 6 hour trip for 500 that you pay for bait and licence. Expect more from a full day as far as bigger fish as our other party got a marlin but had to go out far. We saw whales, turtles, sea lions who almost jumped into the boat and dolphins. We caught mahi, sailfish.

Visited March 2013
Sherwood Park, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“1/2 a day with family was lots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

We had a great time and prices were reasonable ($350 for 1/2 day for 5 ppl incl bait, licences etc...). Because the sea was rough the kids (ages 9,11 and 14) started to get a little green after a coupole of hours. We caught our limit of yellow fin tuna and still had the afternoon to clean up and have it made into sushi, great day with great memories

Visited December 2012