“Great art (photos) at a fantastic price”

Tomas Spangler Photography Gallery
Ranked #46 of 108 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Owner description: Tomas Spangler's photography is beautifully displayed in the "old" Wyndham lobby, located in the heart of downtown Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Travel throughout the vast landscapes of Mexico, visiting a new place or meeting a new face with every photograph you encounter, with stops along the way in faraway lands such as Nepal, Peru, Berma, Cuba and others, as seen in his other pieces. Located right off Cabo's infamous marina, a stroll through the gallery is convenient and offers a nice, relaxed alternative for tourists and locals alike and offers visitors the pleasure of Tomas' compilation of more than 25 years of photography. Photographs are available in five sizes for purchase and are printed on Fugi Crystal Archive Paper, mounted, double matted with museum quality mats, signed, and shipped to your door via FedEx from his studio in Santa Cruz, California. On-site parking and restrooms available.
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great art (photos) at a fantastic price”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

In the Wyndham lobby is a fantastic art gallery. I have purchased a few pictures their. Living here I enjoy having local art in our home. I think the quality and value are the best I have seen.

Visited July 2014
Tomas S, Owner at Tomas Spangler Photography Gallery, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit. I am happy to hear of your appreciation for local artists, especially considering the low numbers of other artists and galleries in Cabo San Lucas. The gallery location is a bit off the beaten path, but is a nice “find” to stumble upon and pause to enjoy on your way to or from the marina. Thanks again and please stop by again.

Tomas

Temperance, MI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent Photography, Excellent Service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Found Tomas and his work on the lobby of the Wyndham Hotel. My husband fell I in love with many of his photos, but especially the one with all the taxi cars in Cuba. When I got home from Cabo, I emailed Tomas to arrange to have one sent to my house. Everything was easy on my end - and Tomas was in regular contact with me to make sure all went well and that we were satisfied with our purchase. I heartily recommend that everyone stop by and check out the vast array of his ork!

Visited March 2014
Los Angeles, California
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Lifie Photography At Its Best!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Tomas Spangler photography is just beautiful!!!!! Tomas takes real life people in real settings and creates such memorable pieces of art. No mater the continent, no matter the social class of that environment or person, Tomas has a way of having you see and feel the reality in his photos. The colors are vibrant, the subjects seemed to be perfect, and his way of telling a story through his photos will capture you. His photography is located in a lobby at Wyndham Hotel in Cabo San Lucas. I was fortunate enough to have met Tomas while I was viewing his work and he is such a pleasant and friendly person who happily talks about his travels and what he likes to show in his photography. I am not sure if I can say his website as I've not done this before, but if for some reason it is blocked out, check on-line and perhaps you can find it. But just in case, his work can be viewed on line at www.fotomas.com. His site is almost up and ready so check in from time to time. You won't be disappointed; he is great at what he does.

Visited June 2014
Wow! I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to leave such a kind and touching review of my work and my gallery! Often times people ask if my photos are staged and the answer is always, “No.” Although most of the work in the gallery consists of photographs from Mexico, I am proud and honored to say that all my work encompasses life as it is; in that moment when I am passing by, stopping to appreciate a piece of architecture or stopping to observe and revel in the people and culture around me.

As for the website, we are completely overhauling the site to be of easier use, and most excitingly, to offer new photographs, some of which have never been seen before!

Again, I thank you for sharing your experience with my work and hope you stop by next time you’re in town to view some of the newer pieces.

Tomas
alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eye candy”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Tomas Spangler photography, in Cabo San Lucas, is located in the Wyndham hotel at the entrance to the Marina.
We happened across this beautiful display of the past and present while out for a stroll.
Please do yourself a favour and if you are in Cabo take in this show. As much as a holiday creates beautiful memories, so can art!!
Thomas is a warm and engaging artist who loves to share his stories. We so enjoyed spending time talking to him.
We will be adding a piece to our collection soon.
Support the arts! You will never be disappointed!!

Visited May 2014
Santee, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“MUY EXELENTE!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Tomas Spangler photos are rich in color and character. He's a superb photographer and my wife and I have four of his works of art proudly displayed in our home. You owe it to yourself to see his work. Just amazing!
He was on-site when we visited and it was a pleasure to speak with him. Someone you could make friends with very easily. And, did I say his photos are JUST AMAZING?!?

Visited October 2013