Our timeshare is with Starwood so we chose this resort due to the affiliation. We knew the resort would a distance from both cities and we thought it would be fine. The resort is quite a distance from the airport, $20 on a shuttle. Upon arrival you will be amazed at how beautiful the grounds were, very neatly kept. The resort is on the beach, with spectacular views. I had contacted the resort 2-3 weeks in advance, asking for an upgrade, as it was our 25 Anniversary. We received 2 Queen double beds.. a mediocre room with absolutely no view. Disappointed, yes but we managed. It was always so warm in our room, the a/c was never up to par either. The first morning we decided to have breakfast at the resort, choosing Tomates, we quickly discovered it was a mistake, $32 a person for breakfast?? Yes a person. Estan locos. Internet access was $17 a day (Gasp!), a small Margarita $12, and a roundtrip to town $40. This certainly will be remembered as the most expensive vacation on record in Mexico, just crazy prices!
I cant say enough about the staff, they were great and so willing to assist in any way possible. They get 5 stars! Honestly, I would have stayed closer to town to avoid the taxi fare and also felt this hotel to be a more senior/retiree destination. Nothing special happening here, you have to leave the resort to have fun. This was my first and last trip to Cabo, so not impressed everything about this hotel and Los Cabos is SO Americanized, what a shame. I also felt that timeshare guests were not treated as nicely as the owners, but I suppose that's standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, HRS, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico