Just returned from an 8 day vacation in Cabo San Lucas at the HDMVC. It was a fantastic experience and well worth the long flight from New York. We had a 3 bedroom Presidential suite with 4 bathrooms. We were located in building 17, which was the farthest from the pool and beach. Not a big deal, it was a short walk and on a couple of occasions we called for the bellhop to get a ride in the a golf cart. My wife and I had no plans to buy a timeshare but attended the presentation because in return they offered us a tremendous amount of extra privileges, for example: $400 in resort food and beverage credit, 15% discounts on the pool bar and the vacation club restaurants, another 40% discount on dinner at the Grisoles, Pitahayas, Sports Bar and Las Sirenas. They also threw in a bottle of Tequila, a Mexican blanket and free tickets to a Glass Bottom Boat tour which took us to the Arch, Lover's Beach, Divorce Beach (Pacific side) and Pelican Bay where we snorkeled. The discounts helped a lot because we were a party of 12pp. The resort also helped us with excursions in town, ATV's, Zipline, Snuba and Swim with the Dolphins. The HDMVC offered 40-50% off the published prices. I think this is an offer which all guests are privy to. You should call the resort to confirm.
The resort is located on the Corridor(main Hwy) about 10 minutes from Cabo and 15 minutes from San Jose. On the first day I went to the Costco which is 5 minutes form the resort. Since there is a full kitchen (no oven) it made sense to buy supplies for the week. At Costco there are people who will help you shop, they do not work for Costco but are locals. A tip is all they are looking for. Stock up on water, drinks and breakfast items. We Went into town for dinner a couple of times, and would recommend Solomon's Landing (Diner's, Drive in's and Dives Fame) and the Baja Cantina (beach side restaurant). For Lunch we ate at Captain Tony's.
All the excursions we went to I listed above, the Zipline was the best! It was with Outdoor Adventures. It was a tremendous thrill and rugged enough to be challenging for a weekend warrior like myself. Besides the zipline we propelled down a small hill, crossed a wore bridge, rock climbed and crossed a small stream. the finale is a 1 mile zipline called the "superman". The ATV tour was hot, dirty and not long enough! a lot of fun, the kids had a blast. Swim with the Dolphins(Cabo Adventures) was a unique experience. Well worth the cost.
The pools are wonderful. Plenty of lounge chairs. The beach is beautiful but the waves are rough and the resort discourages swimming in the ocean. They also organize poolside activities for he family, ping pong, mexican bingo volleyball, etc. family fun.
My review can go on and on, so to sum up. The HDMVC is a fantastic place to stay when visiting Cabo San Lucas. The facilities, rooms and professional staff is outstanding. It is pricey but you get what you pay for, which is a top notch resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive beach front hotel, located in the Cabo del Sol resort community, with 273 suites. Our magnificent resort is adjacent to the world famous Jack Nicklaus designed Ocean Golf Course. The resort is composed of 20 Villas all in Mexican Hacienda style, with romantic walkways through lush green landscaped and tropical flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Hotel
- Hacienda Del Mar Vacation Resort
- Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Del Mar Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico