Have stayed here 6 times; last visit in April 2013. Money stolen from our safe. Here are the facts:
** Arrived late afternoon. Put all our valuables away in the safe & wore the infamous safe key around our necks as we always do. Went down by the pool. This was around 4:00 p.m.
** Came up at 5:40 in the afternoon and saw that our bed was turned down for the evening. In all our years of travel, never have we had our bed turned down for the evening this early.
** Accessed our safe - money was missing.
** Spoke with Victor in Security - he isolated the fact that an entry was made into our room by housekeeping at 5:21 in the afternoon.
** I asked Victor why Housekeeping would access our room at 5:21 p.m. to turn our bed down for the evening - isn't this strange? He would not comment or acknowledge anything strange about this.
** Also asked Victor why the pool hut asks for the room number every time you want a towel. This is a sure fire way to let staff know you are out of your room. He seemed surprised by this practice.
- We had $$$ stolen. Victor the Security Manager treated this with apathy.
- We asked to be moved to another room - he proceeded to give us defective rooms: 1 with a broken sliding glass door latch, and 1 with another key safe (after our theft, we asked for an electronic safe).
- Middle management was surprised by Victor's mismanagement of this issue.
There are many options in Cabo. We will not return to the Riu. We've heard of theft by others on this board, and now have experienced it as well. In all cases, Management mismanages the situation with apathy & neglect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos, Mexico