My husband and I stayed here for a quick trip to escape winter. Hotel is huge, the open-air lobby is gorgeous and looks out to the ocean. It's well-maintained and we saw staff doing touch-up painting in the hallways while we were there. Room was large, nothing amazing, but nice. Bathroom had some ventilation issues (no fan) and the shower had dark tile and felt a little bit like a cave. But honestly those were pretty small things. Nice to be able to pour drinks in the room and help yourself to items from the fridge.
There are 2 different pool areas, both with swim-up bars. The pools are lovely, but the beach wasn't great. Sand was pebbly. This is Cabo, not the Carribbean, so need to calibrate expectations that it's not going to be white powder and turquoise water. There are a few different theme restaurants that require reservations. It's a little annoying that they expect you to get up early to stand in line at the front desk to make a dinner reservation. Overall buffet food was fine. Pretty standard as far as all-inclusive hotel food goes. The staff did a good job of restocking and keeping things clean in the restaurants.
We did walk to downtown Cabo one day but it was a little bit of a trek there and back.
Bottom line: We were looking for sunshine, drinks, and relaxation. We didn't care about partying in Cabo or really doing anything else. If you just want to relax and get away, this resort is great.
(I will caveat that I'm very delayed in writing this review, so some things could have changed since we've been there.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos, Mexico