“Very Romantic”

Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Very Romantic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is an amazing hotel from both a structural and an atmosphere point of view. Everything here is grand and you truly feel like you are at a palace. The staff are awesome, friendly and very helpful. The rooms are amazing and clean. The nightlife has a little for everyone and goes until the partiers are done. During the day you have a world class view and easy access to all amenities. The currents are strong so ocean access from the beach will have you entering cautiously.
The room, ocean view and a la carte meals are all amazing and romantic. This is the place for relaxation and romance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kletke13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,572)
  • Polish first
Pittsburg, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is the only place I have seen that matched exactly with the pictures on the internet. . I was amazed at how clean the resort was. The staff was constantly cleaning, mopping, polishing every spot in the resort. The food was excellent, staff extremely friendly and accommodating. Entertainment was good, not great. I would suggest checking locally for excursions, they are a little expensive through the resort. All the pools are amazing. There were not many children while I was there. Seems like more of an adult resort to me. Loved it and I will go back.

Room Tip: The middle part of the hotel faces the beach more. The sides of the hotel are good rooms too.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lori F
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay here as a anniversary trip. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very clean and up to date. Loved the infinity pools. This is an all inclusive resort and with past inclusive stays at other resorts that we have had the draw back is the food, however we enjoyed the breakfast but after a couple meals we ate the rest of our stay at the marina. Also we could only book one of the restaurants at night when we checked in due to them all already being booked which was disappointing! Beach is not swimmable due to current there were a few who seemed to try however and there is life guard. We can't wait to return to cabo! This resort is just about 7 min taxi to marina

• Stayed June 2014
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I first want to say that I used tripadvisor a lot while planning my trip to Cabo. All reviews very helpful and there are a few negative comments I read about the Riu Palace that I would like to clear.
This was my first time to cabo and fell in love with it. Nothing went wrong. I booked my 7 nights stay through signature vacations that's associated with Sunwing. As soon as we landed the first thing I noticed was how clean the airport was. Yes there are the men outside the exit door but its not overwhelming at all. It's simple to just say no and not make eye contact. The Sunwing agents are right outside to guid you to your designated bus. Once on the bus you are handed an envelope that has lots of info about cabo, the hotel your room key. No check in needed! Fun side note: you can buy beer on the bus to the hotel. The bus ride is about 40mins but it goes quickly.
I had read previous comments about the hotel being to noisy and twin beds being pushed together to creat a "king". So I emailed the hotel a few days in advance requesting to be put on the 4th floor and on the quiet side with an ocean view. It was such a lovely surprise to find out they accommodated all my requests. I have to commend them on that. It just takes asking and being polite. Yes the beds are hard but not unbearable to complain about. Also, there were some reviews about maids coming into the room at weird hours and too often. We NEVER experienced that. If u dont want to be bothered put the red sing on your door saying do not disturb and put your valuables in a safe like any other hotel. The staff at the hotel are so amazing. Very kind and caring. We all have to remember that these people work just as hard as we all do. Tipping isn't pushed at all but I would highly recommend this not because they treat you better but it's common courtesy. You will be served any type of beverage you want by the pool/beach all day long. My fav were the miami vices. Be careful with this and the heat. You can end up drunk before 12. The pool itself is stunning. The infinity part is something special. You'll find yourself taking many pics here
The food was good. You'll find you'll like the buffet the best. Lots of options breakfast and dinner. Lunch buffet by the pool is alright. Yes there are birds that fly around but seriously. What do you expect. Your eating in an open Air restaurant. The birds aren't dirty,more friendly. The Japanese restaurant was my favourite but being from Vancouver I have really high standards for seafood and sushi.
We stayed by the quiet pool most of the time so I can't really comment on the activities pool but I'm so happy I booked with the Palace over the Santa Fe. If you want to party stay there and that's not what we were looking for. You can visit that hotel for free but a guest of the Santa Fe has to buy a visitors pass to come to the Palace.
We went for dinner once in the Marina - the tiki bar. Good sushi and well priced. I didn't feel like I was being ripped off. Once for lunch at the Office. Fun spot on the beach. Note: don't sit at the front in you don't want people bugging you the whole time to buy stuff. We also went out the friday night to Mandala. Really fun club with great music. We only experienced el squid roe in the early evening. They have great fish tacos and make the guacamole table side.
Excursions : I had plans to do a bunch but once you are there all you want to do is relax. However we did take the water taxi to lovers beach And enjoyed some snorkelling I booked it through the Sunwing rep who is in the lobby daily. Cost $70 US each.
Checking out was very simple no hassle there.
To sum up my trip. I had an amazing time. Very relaxing and fun. The weather was perfect and I have no complaints about the hotel. I would for sure go back. I hope my reviews helped.

Room Tip: Just email in advance. 4th floor not above the piano bar or disco is important
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Lauren P
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Loved the pools, buffets, restaurants and beaches. The people are unbelievably friendly and genuine. We got to know many of them and never felt like they were putting on an act for the customers. The service is second only to a cruise ship in my opinion and any other hotel could learn from them in this area. Super impressed with how clean everything was too. The only negative was that we were there during spring break which was a pain for a foursome of forty-somethings but that was our fault, not there's so we didn't complain at all.

Room Tip: Stay in the far West wing if you want a little more peace and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been to Cabo several times and bounced around from place to place - high end, VRBO spots, middle of the road resorts. Riu Palace is definitely middle of the road but for the price it is hard to beat.

The grounds are nice, pools are big and relaxing, clean rooms, decent service. For more than 3 days the all inclusive food would get old (redundant) but for a weekend it serves its purpose. Beer and wine flow nicely even though the mixed drinks are just OK.

Expect a good mix of a few families, some bachelor/bachelorette parties, and some couples...

The staff was pleasant with a few stand outs - I wish I remembered their names to give them some recognition here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Michael C
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We checked in and were given keys to two rooms that were occupied. We actually walked in on a couple. We were issued a third room that smelled like mildew. The couch had patches of mold on it. There was blood on the mattress and black stuff in the toilet. We were issued a 4th room, which was better, however there was a security issue. Someone repeatedly entered our room while we were away from the resort (verified by security). The person stole money from our room and management did nothing about it. We filled out the proper paperwork and emailed proof that we weren't in the room twice. Management refused to address. This place has security issues. Beware if you are single or have kids......

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
#40 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 7,555 reviews
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#16 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,201 reviews

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas? Share your experiences!