We stayed at Riu Palace for a week in August & as we haven't heard too much about this place we were quiet surprised with what we saw & got!!
So to give you the run down here is our thoughts:
The hotel itself was massive - definitely not what we expected & presentation of it is immaculate. Staff were friendly & always greeted you when you walk past.
The room was nice, we were happy to see it to be tiled as my fiance is allergic to carpet. We had a great view of the pool & beach which we were lucky to have as some rooms don't have that luxury.
The shower is also a bath which we didn't like but that would be the only bad thing to say about the room.
Ordering room service was OK but we didn't get what we ordered which was disappointing especially when you are hungry.
House keeping was good, came around twice a day, topped up mini bar daily, fresh towels and bed made daily.
Only issue we had was with the maid taking our beach towels however reception agreed to replace this at no charge.
The restaurants available:
EL Milano Restaurant:
breakfast buffet is amazing
Lunch buffet is average
Dinner buffer average
During the quieter times the wait staff are great. When it's busy not so great. The restaurant is huge & such a great variety of food to choose from. We just didn't think the quality of food was the best.
San Jose Mexican Restaurant:
We thought this restaurant was poor & could have provides better quality food. It was also buffet & as we had to book this early that morning we were told we could only go at 8.45 so thinking the restaurant was full when we got there it was empty.
Misaki Japanese restaurant:
Also average - as a regular Japanese food lover we were expecting great Japanese food only to get a lot of fried dishes. Some dishes were nice.
Krystal French/Italian restaurant:
WOW!! This place is amazing and we went back twice to eat here. If you do decide to eat you must dress nice. So guys must wear collard shirts and jeans and ladies dress nice. Service is fast & food came out quick. presentation of the dishes were amazing and so was the food!! 5 stars!!
Pool areas are absolutely beautiful!!!
2 Large pools over looking the beach front as well as 2 smaller pools with a swim up bar.
The wait staff around the pool areas were great also!
The hotel was a little further out from the marina where the shopping Centre is and where all the bars & restaurants are. To get a cab cost $14 US which we thought for a 5mins cab drive was a bit much. To walk along the beach probably would take 45mins or so which in this heat we were not prepared to do.
However the location of the hotel was great as this area of the beach was the only area in Cabo san lucas where you could actually swim.
Overall it was a great week and we would definitely consider coming back to stay!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 km/2.8 miles from Cabo San Lucas. 5-storey building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 32,000 m2 garden. 3.5 km/2.2 miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas. 40 km/25 miles from the airport. 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners, Discover ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Palace Los Cabos
- Riu Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Los Cabos
- Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas Los Cabos, Mexico