“Awesome Serivce with a Beautiful View” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Ranked #31 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Awesome Serivce with a Beautiful View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We loved this resort. Stay on the Palace side and avoid the loud partiers on the other side. We did and were able to kick back and relax. Rooms were a little dated but no bugs, cracks or anything broken so we didn't have anything to complain about. The people that worked there couldn't have tried any harder to make sure we were being taken care of. They went above and beyond to make sure we didn't need anything. Pools were awesome with lots of chairs so you don't have to wake up super early just to find claim your spot. The food was OK. The breakfast buffet and the sushi place was awesome but everything else was very bland. Left us wanting something else so we ventured off the resort down to the marina to eat at one of the local places which was great. Also went deep sea fishing and caught 3 HUGE blue marlin and the resort offered to cook up whatever we caught. We loved this place and would definitely come back and bring our young daughter.

Room Tip: ask for a room that you can view the Lands End Arch.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Justin G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,547)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I give credit when credit is needed and this place is absolutely wonderful. The staff are great. Let's start with the room it was nice & cleaned every single day no complaints hands down, the pool entertainment was great Lorena, Nora, Jonas, Arron, Sergio & Aiden were phenomenal they were always happy & spontaneous what was not to love about them, from the morning till the late shows were great. The food was delicious the waiters were great Colon was our waiter every night one day it took & he had our drinks down pack breakfast, lunch & dinner, yes even the buffet food was great. My husband & I have been to Cabos for the last 4 years alone & this year we brought the kids & they also loved it, I have a 15 yr old & she loved playing volleyball everyday. Well my 9year old was barely with us she just loved loved the kids club Angela was just superb with her I mean she will sit with her & have lunch as a one on one encounter, she was just great! YOU ALL HAVE TO EXPERIENCE OUR EXPERIENCE WAS AN UNFORGETTABLE ONE!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Kari522
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The place just doesn't deliver, it's very average, food is very bland and the service is not very good. We got there and the room wasn't ready and when we got to the room it wasn't clean. I was disappointed overall with this place because I read all of the positive reviews but the negative reviews are spot on. The A/C really didn't work, but the staff argued with that it was working properly, we had bugs in the room and we were in the suite. The customer service from the staff was just bad, they were rude and I think it's because this resort seems to be a popular spot for bikers and other lower income people that want to say they went to Cabo.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris W
Moore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We visited this resort in the summer of (end of May, beginning of June) 2012 and had a great time. I will say that the weather surprised us though. There was one night that it was so chilly I had to buy a sweatshirt from the gift shop! You definitely had to wait for the sun to come up before you would want to get in the pool as it was a little cold. The beach was beautiful but it wasn't recommended that you swim because of the high tide. The pools made up for that though. I will say that we brought our own floaties from home and I'm glad we did. The rooms were nice and the staff was great. The views of the grounds and beach from the hotel were amazing. One night we went and visited the sister resort and really enjoyed that. Misaki, the Asian restaurant was by far the best. I wish we would've visited that one twice. The only food we didn't really care from was the snack bar food on the second floor of the main building. Seemed like a lot of other people like it though. My sister and I got a massage and it was very relaxing. We are definitely interested in visiting other RIU resorts.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank OKstate1
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am currently staying at the hotel. The room has a mildew smell, so I called the front desk. They refused to help us in the situation. Our so has asthma, so we requested to change rooms. They stated that they can send a doctor, but the expenses would not be covered. They said we could not switch rooms either, therefore, we are stuck in a situation because the supervisors are even unwilling to help. I wish there was someone to contact to help us with the situation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank gpatel
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I must say this hotel is by far the best hotel I've stayed with my family. I always see people cleaning, the staff is amazing the kids club is the best. The entertainment staff were great, always happy and cheerful. I myself am a shy person but they made me feel comfortable enough to even participate in pool activities. I strongly advise anyone traveling with family or friend to visit the Riu Palace. You will not be disappointed. Best hotel yet thus far. I truly have no negative comment for this resort. From room service, food and night and day entertainment everything was great!

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank Egarcia517
Newcastle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

If you're planning for a vacation in Mexico, I highly recommend Riu Palace in Cabo San Lucas.
There are 7 restaurants to choose from, 2 steak houses, 2 buffets, Italian, Mexican and Japanese food. We tried all restaurants and they are good quality and best taste overall. You need to make reservation in the morning for the steak and lobster restaurant as it is very popular.
All kinds of drinks are free from you're dining table to the two swimming pools. There are waiters ready to serve you with a smile. No tipping required.
It's a good value for your money. You will be pampered with clean beddings everyday, all meals are cooked for you, good liquor, beer or ladies drinks. You can have sandwiches and soft drinks all ready if you go on picnic or go boating on outer islands. Or to get on early flight home.

Room Tip: Ocean view are better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family