Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$541
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$151
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$568
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$200
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Ridge at Playa Grande(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$323
  • Pool
Hotel Santa Fe Los Cabos by Villa Group(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$70
Los Cabos Golf Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$97
  • Pool
Hotel Mar de Cortez(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$271
Travelocity
7,119 results
All reviewsjapanese restaurantspecialty restaurantsactivity poolquiet sideocean viewquiet poollunch buffetmake reservationswater taxiall inclusive resortlovers beachbeds pushed togetherlobby barall inclusivesstand in linesteak restaurantmain buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2008

The Riu Palace is a very well rounded resort! The hotel grounds are amazing. There are breathtaking views of the ocean throughout the resort .El Arco and Lovers' beach can be seen from there as well. The service is excellent and the hotel is within a mile of downtown Cabo.

The pools are fantastic and there are always activites going on ranging from water aerobics to salsa lessons to poolside ping pong. There is nightly entertainment and a 24 hour lobby bar which has fantastic views of the ocean. The specialty restaurants are above average. My favorite is the Japanese Steak House. The sushi is tasty, especially the sashimi. I advise you to make your reservations for the specialty restaurants the same day that you check in. The restaurants fill up quickly.

You will definately enjoy this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TequilaBeach
Reviewed 25 December 2008

My boyfriend had a bad experience with an all inclusive resort in the past so he was skeptical but after this trip his faith has been restored! The food and alcohol were all high end and delicious (fresh). The resort was VERY CLEAN! The staff beyond friendly and courteous. I would only recommend that if you plan on eating at the specialty restaurants that require reservations you ask upon your arrival to see what the protocol is. We couldn't get in because they were booked. Also, if your looking for fun activities ask the concierge about Ziplinning through Wild Canyon (they even have bungi jumping) and rent a sea dew for a half hour so you can see the resort from the ocean. We also had the best time dancing and watching a band play at CaboWabo. Overall we had a wonderful time and we plan on visiting again!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank sapour
Reviewed 21 December 2008

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at the RIU Palace. The hotel was aboslutely wonderful and exceeded our expectations. I had thoroughly read the reviews before we booked and was aware of the mixed reviews.

Our check in was smooth and we were greeted with margaritas! Our room was clean and quite spacious. Our view straight ahead was of the garden and to the side was of the ocean- so not bad as we didnt pay for an oceanview upgrade.

The pools were a bit chilly when you first get in but warms up if you spend some time in it. The staff around the pools is wonderful, constantly coming by for drink orders.

The food at the buffets was good, sometimes it could have been warmer but we weren't too picky. The two restaurants we went to were Krystal and the Steak house. Krystal was ok, didnt care too much for the appetizers and the Steak house was reallly good.

There definitely were bees by the soda machines and sometimes by the pool bar. They generally don't bother you too much.

Overall, we had an amazing time at the RIU and will definitely be going back again soon. The service was fabulous, the hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly, and the food was good.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank partu
Reviewed 11 December 2008

My wife and I spent 6 days at the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas from 10/19 to 10/24/08. Prior to our vacation, we had read many reviews about the hotel on various websites ranging from positive experiences to nightmare experiences. Of course, this led to our questioning the hotel for our vacation. In the end, I am very glad that we did not switch to a different hotel.

The Riu is located approximately 40 minutes from the airport and looks out over the ocean onto the famous rock formations. You will not be able to see the Arch from the hotel but the view is still magnificent. All rooms have a balcony and you should mention at check in if you reserved an oceanview room. Weather: sunshine every day, high temp around 90, and pretty humid with a breeze at times. Ocean temp was in the low 80's.

OVERALL - we really enjoyed our stay and would return to the Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas again.

ROOM - we stayed in room 3075. It's basically a garden view room facing the Sante Fe; however, if you look towards the ocean you can easily see "Lands End". Very clean and roomy. We had two twin beds pushed together. The mini bar fridge was stocked with about 10 Corona, 5 waters, 5 Pepsi, and about 2 Orange Fanta drinks. We also had Scotch, Tequila, Rum, and Vodka in the liquor dispensers.

POOL AREA - the pools at the Riu were beautiful. The two main pools have infinity edges and lots of sitting area around them. The east pool (aka "activity pool") on the resort has games going all day and more festive atmosphere. The west pool (aka "quiet pool") is lower key for relaxing. Additionally, there are two separate smaller pools with swim up bars. The waiters around the main pools come by constantly to ask about drinks so you do not have to worry about going to the pool bars. I saw very few small children.

FOOD - the food was very good. You should not expect a top level gourmet meal, especially if coming from a major city. The buffets were pretty good, better than I expected. There were a great variety of foods to choose from, especially for breakfast and dinner. The lunch buffet was a little smaller. The staff waiting on us was very friendly and attentive. My only complaint is that most of the foods were not warm enough for my liking. We did not have to wait long at all to get reservations for the restaurants, only a couple of minutes. We went to the Japanese restaurant, which was very good. The Kristal restaurant had better food and better service; although the portions were a bit small (sea bass was excellent). Steakhouse was also very good. FYI - the Mexican restaurant also duals as a second location for lunch buffet and the food is a bit different than the main lunch buffet.

SERVICE/STAFF- the hotel service was great. Rooms were constantly kept clean. Refrigerator was stocked daily. We needed our iron replaced and it was fixed within 15 minutes of our request. The hotel employees seem happy and were working non-stop.

BEACH - the beach was very nice but pretty hot if there wasn't a breeze. There was plenty of room to claim your own spot to lay out. The ocean wasn't all that bad once you got past the sometimes large waves and undertow. I won't lie; the currents were strong & a bit exhausting after an hour or so. But all-in-all, you can swim in it, which we did each day several times a day. I don't recommend anyone but adults to swim in it.

ENTERTAINMENT - the evening entertainment was fun, though the children's program would probably be annoyingly boring if you have no kids. The 9:30 shows were fun, especially the dance numbers, though two of the nights had "frat type" drinking games that were best suited for the 20's crowd.

Downtown Cabo - for $20 round trip you can take a taxi into Cabo and check out the town... Flee markets (bargain here), the mall, clubs, and marina. They'll hassle you at the flee markets, but it's a great experience because they are just trying to make a living!
Check out Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo and the Gigglin Marlin - really a lot of fun. Also, take a sunset cruise on Pez Gato-$35 per person. It was well worth the money and I highly recommend it. We got some great pictures near the arch and the other rocks.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jerseyboy99
Reviewed 9 December 2008

The Riu Palace is a beautiful place that is very well kept. Everyday and everywhere, you would see the staff constantly maintaining the place. My husband and I travel a lot so, based on the price, we think the Riu Palace is one of the best all-inclusive resort that we have ever been to.

I had my wedding and reception on the beach. It was like one of those dream weddings that you would see in the magazine because the scenery was so beautiful. My wedding exceeded my expectations. It became my dream wedding. A few hours before the ceremony, my husband and I were having brunch and swimming in the pool. You can't be more relaxed than that on your wedding day. It was definitely one of the most beautiful weddings that my guests and I have ever been too! In general, the wedding was very stress free because the wedding planer took care of everything.

I would have given the resort 5 stars out of 5 if they had improved the following:
1. Provide enough safe-deposit box keys. The first day that we checked in, my sisters and parents didn't get a safe-deposit box key so they had to wait the following day for the other guests to check out.
2. It's great that they have free room service but sometimes the food never came or you would have to wait for a long time. My husband and I had put in an order request to get our breakfast the day after our wedding night but it never came. We waited till noon and even gave the front desk a call but the food never came.
3.Our mini-bar wasn't refilled with drinks that often.

Overall, the managers at the Riu Palace are very friendly, acommodating and take their job very seriously. One of the managers with the british accent was extremely nice. The staff are very friendly and are glad to help you with anything that concerns you. If you want really good service, just tip the staff and they will constantly come back. For the food, we liked the buffet better than the a la carte. They do change the menu at the buffet so you won't get sick of the same food. It was a great experience!

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DBriggs