Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$355
US$323
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$363
US$351
  • Free Breakfast
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$581
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$166
Bookit.com
  • Free Breakfast
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$251
US$196
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$429
US$351
US$475
US$285
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
  • Pool
Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$1,099
US$1,033
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
US$921
US$779
7,265 results
All reviewsjapanese restaurantspecialty restaurantsactivity poolquiet sideocean viewquiet poollunch buffetmake reservationswater taxiall inclusive resortbeds pushed togetherlovers beachlobby barall inclusivesstand in linesteak restaurantmain buffet
Reviewed 19 June 2006

My husband and I returned today from the Rui Palace. I have been watching the reviews on Trip Advisor for several months so I have seen the very positive and the negative. We for the most part like the hotel. Check in was a breeze, we booked thru Funjet and their transprtation dropped us off at the door and a Rui employee sat us down right away with a drink and an envelope with our room keys, towel cards and safe key. The whole process took about ten minutes. Our room was beautiful with a view that was breath taking.
The Good:
Easy check in (for us anyway)
Beautiful view from every where in the hotel
Clean, employees always cleaning day and night
Request for items in your room filled very quickly, if you run out of bottled Corona in your mini bar just call the front desk and they will bring more, even several times a day.
Close to Los Cabos and the marina, 60 pesos for bus, 10 dollars for a cab one way
Japanese Rest. very good!

The Bad:
Stairs, and more stairs, everything seems like it is a mile away, this is a very large resort. Also very few public bathrooms. Also only a couple of elevators.
The food is fair at best. I know this is an all inclusive but the variety is not very good, and the quality of the food is just fair. The only vegetable they ever really had was zuchinni and corn. Deserts were the worst, what looks like cheesecake is a gelatin of some sort.
Service is good if you tip for every drink, I tip alot but felt like the staff would talk about us if we did not tip a dollar every time we ordered a drink.

Cabo in general is a beautiful place but when went into town we were constantly bothered by people trying to sell us timeshares. We went to look for a fishing charter for my husband and timeshare people would try to charter a boat for us, they do not take no for an answer. A waitress would bring you your check and ask what your plans were for the next day and then try to set you up for a time share the next day. It seems everyone in Cabo is in the timeshare business.

We will not return to the Rui Palace, it is beautiful but to large for us and the food was just hard to take for 5 days. Cabo a great place to see, but just a little scary to us.....

• Stayed: June 2006
13  Thank saintgirlpoodles
A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 19 June 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Palace from the 9th-16th of June. We got there late Friday night and it didnt start out good at all. We were told they were overbooked (apparently this happens all the time...I still cant figure out how hotels get overbooked....) but there was one room left. The family that came in right behind us had to go to the other hotel. Well let me tell you about the room we got. Room 3025 is a suite....and it would have been sweet if there wasnt 4 leaks in the ceiling. Our bed was pushed all the way to the window (see picture) because there was water dripping from our ceiling fan. Our floor was wet everywhere. This suite had a hot tub on the roof of the RIU that was leaking. We went back to the front dest and told the manager and he said we could go to the other hotel and come back after 2:30 the next day. He also said he would make up for it by giving as a great room the next day. We decided to stick it out and at 2:00 we went to the front desk and our room was ready. Room 3028 was great. It was a Junior Suite..much smaller but very nice and clean. From then on everything was fine with our room. The beds are HARD. The pad they put on top helps a little but dont expect much.
The pools were very nice. Cold..but not too cold. I was looking forward to the swim up bars before I got there but they were way to crowded..and were seperate from the main pool. Lots of drunks. So we didnt quite make it over there. The activities were good at the activity pool. Lots of water volleyball. The facilities of the Hotel are top notch. The lobby is awesome. Very beatiful scenery.
I went swimming in the ocean everyday. However, it can be very dangerous. I consider myself to be a good swimmer and did not panic when I got sucked out because it would push you back in on the next wave. It was great if you know what you are doing. I would never let some under 15 near the water. Very dangerouse for little kids. The water will seem quite calm and then every 10 mintes there where 3 huge waves in a row. I saw one girl have to be rescued because a wave came in and sucked her out.
The food was OK. Nothing spectacular at all. I was tired of hotdogs for lunch. This resort is HUGE so I guess when you are cooking for that many people its hard to make it that great. Breakfast was the best meal by far. We ate at the Japanese resturant and the Steak house. Both were Ok. The soft serve ice cream MADE our vacation. I ate that more than anything.
We did smell the sewer smell a couple of times...but not for long at all.
The Marina downtown is Awesome.
I played golf at the Country Club...or Raven...It is the one right across the street. It was 75 bucks with the hotel discout...other courses were 225-300 bucks. My wife rode with me and they charged us 30 bucks for a rider. I was not happy about that but still half price of the other courses (which are much nicer). This course was not bad at all though. Great tee boxes and great views. The greens where the slowest in history. Oh yeah...one of the ponds on the course in RAW sewage. Look out!!! Wash your hands after you play.
We took 50 bucks in 1 dollar bills and tipped when we got good service. They were very appreciative. Most of the employees were very nice.
Overall we had a great vacation in Cabo. Cabo rocks. However I dont see myself going back to the RIU. I dont regret going there at all though. I would consider it with a group of couples, but not exacty a place for honeymooners, or just you and the wife. Way to much "overbooking" I think its pretty much a crap shoot wheather or not you will get your room the day you show up. This place is just too BIG. We felt more like a number there.
I hope this review will help you out.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 June 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Riu from 6/11 through 6/16 and had an amazing time. We arranged transportation from the airport ahead of time, which really helped. Just beware of the time share people. They will act like they are from the company you arranged with, and try to sucker you into a presentation. When we arrived to the Riu, we were checked in and given a room on the lobby floor. It had a good view of ocean and the Arch, and was quiet. The whole place was very clean. We ate mostly at the buffets, always good, several choices. We took at $10 taxi into town for shopping. Only bad part of town were the people trying to sell timeshares. They were very persistent, even continuing to yell at you after you'd walked away.The pool and pool bars were great! Water was a liitle cold at first, but got used to it after a few minutes. The view of the ocean from the infinity pools was awesome!
The nightly shows were a little cheesy, but very entertaining. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We tipped just about everyone from housekeeping, bar staff, servers, valet. Not a lot, but a little went a long way.
We will definitely be back and will recommend to all our friends.

15  Thank crazybaize
Reviewed 18 June 2006

Had many concerns after reading reviews but figured.....it can't be all that bad.
WHAT A MISTAKE!! We arrived on Thursday 6/1 about 1:00PM; thank goodness for early arrival. The hotel overbooked by a couple of hundred (this is a very common practice here). Enjoy the resort; Thursday, Friday and then came Saturday. Late Saturday; we were bombarded by a couple of hundred high school seniors celebrating their graduation.
These kids were coming in from Texas, Oklahoma, California.
I never considered this when I booked; also their brochure strictly states; NO SPRING BREAKERS. (So...they don't book rooms to college kids; just high school seniors.
My husband and I felt like we were in the middle of a drunken brawl. All these kids did was drink to oblivia. They were up all night partying the halls and outside around the pool areas. We made numerous complaints at the front desk and with security but these kids over took the hotel so the staff couldn't do much to control it.
By Wednesday; 6/7; we were more than ready to come home,however, we were there until Friday; 6/9.

All I can say; be more than careful when you book here.

We found the property very lovely; food was OK; however, the gourmet restaurants were good. The staff is more than courteous and helpful. I felt bad for them when all these kids checked in; they couldn't keepup with the property. There was food in the courtyards; hallways and elevators along with broken glass and debris around.

RIU Palace Cabo San Lucas will be another Cancun which will be noted as a young kids destination.

I would never go back here again!!

11  Thank barbaraj686
Reviewed 16 June 2006

When they called it Riu Palace they weren't kidding. It really is a palace.
Friendly staff, gorgeous hotel, great pool and pool scene (no screaming kids..it's not that type of place) very chill/relaxed, servers come around with trays of bloody mary's at 11 in the morning...
BOTTOM LINE: There is something for everyone here. For the relaxer, for the non-stop drinker, for the honeymooners, for the best friends getaways...you can find it here.
I am planning to visit many more Rius in my lifetime and cannot wait to see them.

9  Thank TravelBug6650