“Comfortable house, great scenery, friendly people” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Contenta Bed & Breakfast

Casa Contenta Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 28 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
Ontario
“Comfortable house, great scenery, friendly people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at a bed and breakfast this time instead of an all inclusive. This was a big step for us since we have only ever stayed in resorts, so we wanted to find a place that had good amenities, good food and was close enough to town. Casa Contenta exceeded our expectations! Craig was so professional to deal with when arranging the bookings and he and Lori were great hosts and "on site concierges". They offered up advice and recommendations on what to do and where to eat. The highlights of the Casa include: the sunset views, rooftop patio with firepit, swimming pool (unheated but we weren't the only Crazy Canucks to go in!), the dogs (made us miss our animals a little less), and the other guests we got to know and hang out with. You will have a relaxing and enjoyable stay here!

5 Thank mookiecookie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

I visited Casa Contenta in February, I needed to take a break from the hectic life I live in Los Angeles. If you are looking for a place where you feel love and warmth and an instant calming great energy then don't hesitate for a second. The location is very convenient, close by the beach and close to downtown. The home is truly a jewel and the service is better than any 5 star hotel and I have stayed in many around the world. Craig and Lori are the best hosts one could wish for. They will take care of anything you need. I decided last minute that I would love to enjoy a massage, two hours later an amazing therapist was giving me a massage outside on one of their terraces overlooking the beautiful scenery. The breakfast is so delicious and healthy and it was a lot of fun to meet new people from different places in the world. I forgot my professional camera at their home, upon departing and Craig went out of his way to make sure that I would receive it in a timely matter. As I am a journalist from Belgium, having a deadline at that time, I can't tell you how grateful I was that he made it his priority to get my little gadget back to LA as soon as possible. So to sum it up.. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, away from it all, enjoy first class luxury, great food, stunning rooms and amazing caring people as hosts than go and visit Casa Contenta. You will love it there, no doubt about it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Greet R
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've been home for about 2 weeks now, and I am still dreaming of my time spent at La Casa Contenta. It was a wonderful and relaxing experience. Between the homemade breakfast with fresh-squeezed smoothies every morning, the kind and gracious hosts who act like your long lost friends, great company from fellow travelers, and the 3 cute, well-mannered dogs to play with, it is truly a home away from home. The place is very clean, and well-kept and away from all the hustle-and-bustle of resort life Cabo, but still within a 5 minute drive to the downtown area. Lori and Craig are more than willing to provide recommendations for restaurants, activities and entertainment with good directions to help you get around (and many of places are those local, hidden gems you may not get from a concierge). The only possible complaint could be that it is not right on the beach, but I think a good trade-off was a hill-top view of the Bay while laying by the pool and watching the sunset by the 4th floor fire pit. And again, the beach is just a short drive away.

I will definitely be returning to La Casa Contenta!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Megan W
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just returned last night from a 10 day vacation in Cabo. We spend a lot of time researching a place to stay and it paid off. Casa Contenta was without a doubt our best accommodation experience in 30 years of travels. Every part of the experience was first class: the hosts, Craig, Lori and Betty, Dora the cook, the breakfasts, beautiful rooms, spacious and relaxing common areas, rooftop sunset wine sessions, great company of like minded travelers etc etc. It felt like I was home. Dave and Jana

Room Tip: They're all great.
2 Thank Dave M
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

I will begin by telling you COPY THE DIRECTIONS!!. This is truly a home away from home. Lori and Craig will make you feel as if it is your home. They are wonderful, interesting people with some great travel stories. We, like many of the reviewers have be to the best 5 star destinations around the world, but this place has something you can't find in these other places. Dora and Chui will make you a wonderful breakfast, different each day and will clean your room which is spotless to begin with. Read each review as I did in amazement waiting for the other shoe to drop; a bad review but I tell you it can not exist. If it does it's a lie. I am a Virgo's Virgo and my wife says I find things no one else sees. Here I found only warmth, charm and a true sense of tranquility. Rent a car with Budget, they know Lori and Craig and can give you good directions. This place is only 2 miles from the downtown area but yet very secluded from everything. Sounds funny but it's true. As it's been said there is nowhere else to stay in Cabo that can give you everything you could want.

Room Tip: Get directions, because when you pull up to the dirt road you won't believe this home could be a...
3 Thank Joe P
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

First, let me qualify what you will read. I have been to many countries, world-class hotels and would consider myself a seasoned traveler. Please read on...

If you go to Cabo and stay anywhere else you will have made a big mistake. The house is spacious, gorgeous and has a view of the Bay to die for. Craig and Lori are the most gracious accommodating hosts that can be imagined. They always seem to be somewhere in the background living their lives, but popping out with suggestions and good conversation at the right moments.

We went on a sunset cruise with our hosts, their delightful mom Betty, two of their cousins, and another couple and it was the most natural thing in the world to do. We had a memorable time.

Dora, their assistant, and their 3 (well-behaved) dogs round out the picture...it all felt so right.

A tip: you may be a bit surprised to be riding up a dusty road to the house. Do not worry. But do pay attention to the directions! We got lost for 2 hours--largely our bad (make a right after the Modelo beer sign and you will not get lost).

Fair balance: OK, OK, one thing was not perfect...I like to swim and the lovely pool was freezing on the January days we were there, though daytime temps were probably in the low 80s. Wish it was heated.

We look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: we stayed in two, both a larger one and a smaller one, and each was great
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank syncomm1
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I took our first trip to Cabo, and we were looking for a place to relax and regroup. Casa Contenta was the PERFECT place! The place is four stories, and each floor is a treasure. If you feel like lounging and watching Tv, you can do that. If you feel like swimming in the pool or taking a dip in the jacuzzi, you can do that too. But the top 4th floor is the best! It has the best view of Cabo, and when you're out there at sunset, you can see an amazing hue of pinks purples, oranges, golds, blues, etc. It is probably one of the better sunsets I have seen. Plus, the owners, Lori and Craig are amazing! We loved how they treated us like their house guests, and not just hotel guests. They are sweet and vibrant! We will definitely go back there again! We already miss our Casablanca Contenta family!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple