“Just Like Family”

Ranked #2 of 27 Cabo San Lucas B&B and Inns
Canada
“Just Like Family”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

From the moment you arrive at Casa Contenta, you are made to feel like family. The home is exquisite, filled with wonderful treasures that the owners have collected in their travels over the years. The breakfasts were excellent and beautifully presented. The resident doggies were very well-behaved (and smart too!). The home & yard are large enough to find your own private space. We recommend that you rent a car when staying at the villa so you can explore beautiful Cabo San Lucas.

Room Tip: We wouldn't hesitate to stay in any of the rooms. Each are equally comfortable & beautiful.
Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BHous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and I just spent 10 days at Casa Contenta, a first class bed and breakfast located in Cabo San Lucas up on the hill overlooking the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean sunsets. This B & B is conveniently 5 minutes from the beach, downtown Cabo and within 20 minutes of 5-10 of the best golf courses in the world.
Your bedroom is large comfortable and well appointed. The living spaces make you feel like you're in your own luxury home with large open spaces and sundecks with pool. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Owners Craig and Lori Harrison are wonderful hosts and full of helpful information about the surrounding area. Why anyone would stay in a hotel or an all inclusive when this is available is beyond me.
Also, despite the negative media re: Mexico, the Cabo area is as safe and wonderful as any place could possibly be. Never did we have any reservations about walking around town, drinking the water or eating the food in restaurants or from the Walmart. The locals are a friendly, respectful people who know how important you are to tourism and their economy.
I highly recommend this B & B and the Cabo area to everyone.

Room Tip: All 4 rooms are outstanding but the Honeymoon suite is probably the biggest.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bruce310
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We have just returned home to Canada after spending a week in Cabo San Lucas. Our experience and stay at Casa Contenta stole the thunder from our visit to Los Cabos. Gracious hosts Lori and Craig made us feel at home as soon as we met them. They are as helpful as you want them to be and at the same time respectful of your privacy. The pictures on the website don't do it justice. Expect awesome! We have always chosen B&B's over other options and Casa Contenta delivered our best experience yet. Our compliments to Dora the chef and housekeeper. A wonderful breakfast is always ready at 9.00 with clockwork precision and our room was majically serviced without our notice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Abstract416
Ontario
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I decided to stay at a bed and breakfast this time instead of an all inclusive. This was a big step for us since we have only ever stayed in resorts, so we wanted to find a place that had good amenities, good food and was close enough to town. Casa Contenta exceeded our expectations! Craig was so professional to deal with when arranging the bookings and he and Lori were great hosts and "on site concierges". They offered up advice and recommendations on what to do and where to eat. The highlights of the Casa include: the sunset views, rooftop patio with firepit, swimming pool (unheated but we weren't the only Crazy Canucks to go in!), the dogs (made us miss our animals a little less), and the other guests we got to know and hang out with. You will have a relaxing and enjoyable stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank mookiecookie
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I visited Casa Contenta in February, I needed to take a break from the hectic life I live in Los Angeles. If you are looking for a place where you feel love and warmth and an instant calming great energy then don't hesitate for a second. The location is very convenient, close by the beach and close to downtown. The home is truly a jewel and the service is better than any 5 star hotel and I have stayed in many around the world. Craig and Lori are the best hosts one could wish for. They will take care of anything you need. I decided last minute that I would love to enjoy a massage, two hours later an amazing therapist was giving me a massage outside on one of their terraces overlooking the beautiful scenery. The breakfast is so delicious and healthy and it was a lot of fun to meet new people from different places in the world. I forgot my professional camera at their home, upon departing and Craig went out of his way to make sure that I would receive it in a timely matter. As I am a journalist from Belgium, having a deadline at that time, I can't tell you how grateful I was that he made it his priority to get my little gadget back to LA as soon as possible. So to sum it up.. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation, away from it all, enjoy first class luxury, great food, stunning rooms and amazing caring people as hosts than go and visit Casa Contenta. You will love it there, no doubt about it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Greet R
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I've been home for about 2 weeks now, and I am still dreaming of my time spent at La Casa Contenta. It was a wonderful and relaxing experience. Between the homemade breakfast with fresh-squeezed smoothies every morning, the kind and gracious hosts who act like your long lost friends, great company from fellow travelers, and the 3 cute, well-mannered dogs to play with, it is truly a home away from home. The place is very clean, and well-kept and away from all the hustle-and-bustle of resort life Cabo, but still within a 5 minute drive to the downtown area. Lori and Craig are more than willing to provide recommendations for restaurants, activities and entertainment with good directions to help you get around (and many of places are those local, hidden gems you may not get from a concierge). The only possible complaint could be that it is not right on the beach, but I think a good trade-off was a hill-top view of the Bay while laying by the pool and watching the sunset by the 4th floor fire pit. And again, the beach is just a short drive away.

I will definitely be returning to La Casa Contenta!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Megan W
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Just returned last night from a 10 day vacation in Cabo. We spend a lot of time researching a place to stay and it paid off. Casa Contenta was without a doubt our best accommodation experience in 30 years of travels. Every part of the experience was first class: the hosts, Craig, Lori and Betty, Dora the cook, the breakfasts, beautiful rooms, spacious and relaxing common areas, rooftop sunset wine sessions, great company of like minded travelers etc etc. It felt like I was home. Dave and Jana

Room Tip: They're all great.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple