Positano Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$541
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$151
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$568
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$200
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Ridge at Playa Grande(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$323
  • Pool
Hotel Santa Fe Los Cabos by Villa Group(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$70
Los Cabos Golf Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$97
  • Pool
Hotel Mar de Cortez(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$97
Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$271
  • Pool
All reviewsplenty of hot watermicrowavecostcoroomyvacationmexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Just spent some time at the Positano Hotel in Cabo. The management is extremely friendly and helpful, the breakfasts included in your stay are delicious, and the garden is lovely. The pool area and the gardens are manicured and restful, and the entire area, including palapas and lawn chairs, was a delight in the January weather. I found my room to be airy and the beds comfortable, all very clean with amenities like and in room safe and individual balcony, ceiling fan and television.

There are only a few rooms, ALL of the rooms are on the second floor, which makes this hotel a poor choice for people who cannot use stairs, but positive of that location is that one has a distant sea view from the second floor. The sunsets from the balcony were splendid and the breezes on this site are heavenly.
The noise from the highway was unpleasant for me, but had the advantage of being a site of many great taco stands and an immediate stop for the many buses to the center of town and to beaches.
Positano Hotel is very good choice and a safe and comfortable place to enjoy as your base in Cabo.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank boydranchitos
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I don't understand, I booked this hotel after reading all the great reviews and omg! What a nightmare! While it is true that Vito and Jonathon are nice that's where the truth of the matter ends. Yes, Vito will cook you some Italian food under duress, but he charges an arm and a leg. And yes, rooms are decent but quiet? Hardly! The sound of the busy highway right outside the front doors has kept me awake since we've been here. I'm so exhausted I can't even enjoy myself. If they would release us from the booking we would be out of here so fast...but Vito doesn't care, he has my money and he is not letting it go. If you are looking for peace and quiet, DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: A good room would be somewhere else!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I stayed three nights with a friend at this beautiful small hotel in May 2011.The hotel is very nice ..beautiful grounds well kept pool and Garden.There is one pool table pool side and Big Palapa resting area. I Had a junior suite ¨ischia¨very quite and CLEAN with Wonderful terrace nice size bathroom and plenty of clean towels; the room has a small electric kitchennet , king size bed nicely furnished. we were told matresses were new so we test it out first night and WOO its totally TRUE... Beds are VERY comfortable

we had a wonderful and very relaxing vacation staying at positano hotel

Room Tip: we stayed in ( ischiia) room # 15
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abbacecilie
Reviewed 14 May 2011

We booked a room at the Positano Hotel that came in a package flight and hotel through Expedia. We did not have great expectations because sometime photos online don’t show you the reality of the size and quality of the place.

The patio-garden and nice-sized pool are beautiful and would be great for a family gathering or event. The room was ample, air-conditioned, clean, and well maintained with a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The each room has a refrigerator, microwave, cook stove, sink, and dishes if you want to do some light cooking. While the hotel is located next to the busy highway, the rooms are well insulated for sound. There is parking in front of the building.

We had great customer service by Jonathan and Vito. They provided breakfast (yogurt, watermelon, and toast) and were helpful in giving directions to beaches and restaurants. The hotel is located close to Cabo San Lucas (10 min) and to the prettiest beaches along the corridor (10-15 min). It is also close to Costco and Walmart. You’ll need a car to get around, but we didn’t never had problems finding parking in Cabo San Lucas.

The location is nice because it is away from the craziness of the bars, crowd, and timeshare/activities representatives found downtown, but still close enough to get to restaurants, activities, and sites.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnnydwa
Reviewed 5 May 2011

It was our first time going to Cabos. The crew (Vito, Johnathan, and the woman that cleaned our rooms) helped make our visit to Cabos the best vacation ever! They were always working to keep this small hotel clean and well maintained. The pool area was always clean and well landscaped. I loved interacting with the staff. They really did treat us like friends! I had caught some fish after fishing the Sea of Cortez. I brought it back to the hotel and offered some to Vito. He was so grateful, he cooked up an authentic italian dinner for me and my friends! Amazing! Hope I get to visit them again!

Room Tip: The go cart track is noisey
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple