“UNFORGETABLE STAY”

Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Vancouver, Canada
“UNFORGETABLE STAY”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The staff was very professional . The resort itself was beautiful and peaceful. Whale watching everyday. Real good food and drinks. Very clean.Will definetly be coming back. Thanks to Marco, IVAN, KENYI, PAULO,ADRIAN...and sooo many other staff members !!! Made a lifetime memory watching the Superbowl there as well. SEAHAWKS !!!

Room Tip: views toward the ocean 4th floor and up
1 Thank raj b
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Raj,

It is great to hear you had such a fun time during the super bowl weekend, specially being a Seattle fan right? We'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member you mentioned above, looking forward to welcome you soon!

Margarito Barreras, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,100)
Draper, Utah
Reviewed 18 February 2014

For starters, this is a nice resort, the grounds are very nicely groomed, it has a very relaxing, calm and peaceful feel...reading previous posts I saw people noting loud thumping music and craziness coming from the pool. Not during my visit, it was mellow. For the most part the employees were helpful and courteous. There were a few that didn't quite cut it though. As mentioned in previous posts Wifi/cell service is non-existent here. It drove me crazy that I could not email or call home to check in. So there were several trips made into town just for a check-in back home. The rooms were nice, some have coffee pots, ironing boards, safes, fridges, some do not. Although we had a fridge in our room it did not keep items even cool, let alone cold. Also, unlike most all-inclusives the fridge had 2 bottles of water in it, that were never replaced once we drank them over a 4 day stay, 2 Coronas, and 2 other types of soda. Not stocked at all and no hard liquor in the room. The room was kept very clean. However, we did leave a $5 tip each morning. The bed was humped in the middle, so forget about snuggling up to your spouse, you just rolled back to your own side of the bed and it was not a real cozy comfy bed. The pillows were a bit thick for our liking, we just called down and had 2 additional pillows delivered that they claimed were down, not likely. Nothing luxurious about the linens. This is your average room, well kept and comfortable enough. The food, I was impressed, I have to admit. The last inclusive we stayed at, I felt a bit famished when I returned home. Not the case here. Food really was good and all dining areas were well maintained. The reservation deal is a bit of a pain and they are insistent about having a reservation. Make sure when you are ordering a mixed drink you are specific as to what kind of alcohol you want used, ie Absolut, Stoli, Bacardi, etc...otherwise you end up with a cough syrupy tasting drink. We tipped throughout our stay with each meal, drink service, room delivery. We travelled with a group, we paid to upgrade our room to an Ocean View, once we were settled in we discovered that the majority of the group were on the same floor and did not upgrade. Ocean View was really a partial, so for me not worth the extra cost. Also, they tout on the website that the beach beds are included if you upgrade to an Ocean View or Ocean Front room. This is not the case, you have to also purchase the Butler service to qualify for the bed. No big deal it's a $40.00 per day charge, pennies compared to most places we have stayed. We really had no hassle with the Timeshare tour. We were asked once and turned it down. Here is the kicker. This place is no more an All Inclusive than fly to the moon! Hidden charges everywhere, the biggest is at your meals. They will present a menu for the "Inclusive" and then list their "Specials", cha ching, cha ching! First nights dinner (Lobster), and it was heavenly and worth the money we had to pay, but still, you are at an All Inclusive! Upon departure, went to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass at the Business Center and was charged. That has never happened once in all of my travels. Would I return, yes, I would and will. Now that I know all their little hidden charges, and quirks, I'll be more prepared. Check and double check your bills that you sign at your meals and at check out. They truly are not up front about extra charges. The beach area is nice, but killer on the feet. Also, you can not enter the Ocean, severe drop off that causes a tremendous under current. Pools are nice though and kept clean, the chair saving is an issue and occasionally you get the rude smoker that has no regard for their neighbors.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank thegasgod_slcut
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for writing such a detailed review about your experience during your stay with us, we truly value your feedback which help us improve the quality of the service we strive to provide each day, we'll make sure to take all your comments into consideration, and we truly love to welcome you anytime in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Pacifica is beautiful, and the people are wonderful, friendly, and extremely hard-working. If you stay here, be sure to find Carlos on the beach guarding the turtle sanctuary. He is full of information and very happy to share. Alma at poolside cannot be beat. She was gave us what we needed before we even knew we needed it. She also helped me with some Spanish lessons as well! I did not catch our maid's name, but we stayed in room 1134 from February 8 to the 15, so if management is reading this, please know we had an amazing maid! (Don't forget to tip all these wonderful people despite the fact they tell you tips are included in your all-inclusive price.)

I wish the check-in process had been better. I had reserved and paid for an ocean view room. I would not have chosen to stay here if an ocean view had not been available. But upon check-in, I was informed I was on the bottom floor. I assumed the bottom floor had an ocean view, but I did inquire about the availability of a 3rd or 4th floor room because I just figured the view would be better from a higher floor. I was told that would be impossible as the hotel was completely full, but if I wanted to upgrade from my "garden view" room, I certainly could pay an extra $250 per night for an ocean-view or a suite. I responded by saying my reservation actually did include an "ocean view room." I was told that I was wrong; I had made a reservation for a garden view (meaning a view of rocks and cactus). This went back and forth for a little while until I finally produced my confirmation paperwork showing I had an OCEAN VIEW room. A call was made to the management (I assume), and low & behold, I got an ocean view room on the 3rd floor...which by the way, was rather empty during my entire stay. I felt lied to about not having any rooms available on the 3rd and 4th floor, and I actually felt like it was par for the course to make guests actually have to argue for what they have already paid for. That was not pleasant, and I advise anyone staying in an ocean view room or a suite to print out their paperwork and bring it with them. (I had done this based on other reviews from people who stated they did not receive what they had booked either.) So just be aware!

I did not use the Spa. Prices are absurdly expensive.

The food was better than I had expected for an all-inclusive. I took advantage of the theme nights where food was served buffet style outside near the pool. To my surprise, the best food on theme night was Italian night...even better than Mexican Grill night...go figure!

I would come back to the Pacifica again, but only if I did not have to pay full price. It's an expensive vacation. I've stayed other places in Cabo San Lucas as well, and I would probably check out availability and pricing at other resorts before looking at the Pacifica again.

3 Thank Koral M
Dear Koral,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are very happy to hear you had a nice and relaxing stay with us and that our staff members made you feel comfortable and like home, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to each of them, including your maid. Otherwise, we apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you during your check in, we'll make sure this won't happen again to any of our customers. We truly hope to welcome you anytime in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My wife Amy and I have been going to PBP for about 8 years every February. We started going when it was not all inclusive and continued going despite some reservations when they made the switch. I can tell you that while they may have lost a bit of the exclusive feel of truly being at a "holistic spa" they have managed to pull the all inclusive strategy off.

First of all the staff are the best! Many that we got to know 8 years ago are still there today...even some promotions! Martin started as a butler for the suite services and now is managing front desk operations. Our old friend Jaime moving away for other opportunities but our new friend Ramon took great care of us. When you book a suite you get access to the butler service which does spoil you.

Now to the next most important item, the food and drinks. I have to say having been to other all inclusive PBP by far has the best quality of food. Wether you fancy sushi, elegant seafood, or fish tacos and nachos by the pool its all great. I gained 8lbs in 13 days!!!

My last bit of advice is to have a massage. We have done both outside by the beach and inside and in the end I would say inside has less distractions and the masseuses are fantastic.

Bottom line if you are looking for a quite, upscale all inclusive then try Pueblo Pacifica. Remember they have several properties in Cabo San Lucas so make sure you stress you want to stay at Pacifica. Also no one under 18 admitted!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JayZG
Dear Loyal Customer,

We feel flattered after reading such a nice review, we truly value welcoming people with such a positive attitude like yours. We would like to thank you for your loyalty and for your preference on choosing Pueblo Bonito Pacifica for 8 years in a row! We look forward to welcome you next year.

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I took my girlfriend here for my fourtieth birthday. We were there for a week during February.

It as my first time to the Cabo area and I was completely blown away from the time the Pacifica came into view until I fell asleep. The staff are very attentive, the resort was immaculate, our room was great. I would have preferred a king bed over the two queens, but the location was great. We had a ground floor room, close to the beach and restaurants.

You will not be disappointed here.

The food and service at Siempre is four star, no question. Sushi at pescadore is ok, but the rest of the menu is great. Even the buffet food was good. Don't miss the Sunday brunch at Siempre. It's pretty impressive.

I enjoyed the company of the staff and made a lot of friends at the pool, playing volleyball and at the firepit during the evenings. The bartender at the firepit never let my drink get empty.

I found it pretty easy to get a chair at the pool. There was one day that there was a bit of trouble when a big group from Louisiana showed up and kind of took over, other than that it wasn't a problem.

Big plus: private beach and no beach vendors

Room Tip: I loved our room. It was 1012. Ground floor in the small building beside Pescadore. Easy access t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank jeremy94
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Jeremy,

We truly appreciate your kind remarks and the time you took o review us, it is great to hear you and your girlfriend has such a wonderful time during your stay with us, we look forward to welcome you guys anytime soon. Happy Birthday Jeremy!

Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I traveled to Cabo For the first time last week When arriving at the resort we were greeted by a Couple of the greatest guys ever Marco, and Ramon they both took care of our every need. The resort was awesome lots of activities the atmosphere was quiet and clean only a $12.00 cab ride downtown and you can get as crazy as you want. The Beer selection was limited and the swim up bar did not have enough inventory at times this may have been buy design. All in all very pleasant trip and would for sure request Ramon and Marco they take great care of you, Marco even came in an hour early the day we left just to see us off.

Room Tip: the ocean view suite is very nice you get a butler and a beach bed with the room
Dear Craig,

Thank you for your kind remarks and for the lovely picture, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member you mentioned above. Hope to welcome you soon!

Enterprise, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Chic's trip, 3 daughters and Mom. We usually cruise, but we loved our experience!
Best food, service, ambiance ever. We had the use of 4 different resorts, but Pacifica was the best! The 5 star restaurant at the Sunset was incredible! Whale watching was amazing !

Room Tip: Above 2nd floor, ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sue,

We look forward to welcome you and your 3 daughters anytime in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!