“Wonderful resort - everything we were hoping for”

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We just returned from our 1st trip to Cabo and our stay at Pacifica. Bottom line, we want to go back, the sooner the better. We were so looking forward to our trip, kept reading reviews on Trip Advisor and were starting to get worried due to a couple of posts that were not flattering. I can’t imagine where those people were staying. It was not the Pacifica we experienced.

Right from the moment we stepped out of our arranged transfer from the airport, we were greeted by Martin, so kind, checked in without any issues. We had a beautiful room, 1345, with a gorgeous view.

Restaurants, poolside service, firepit, gym, room service, housekeeping – all topnotch! We feel like we were thoroughly spoiled. Special shout outs to some of the people who made our trip memorable, Julian, Daniel and Adrianna at the pool, our waiter every breakfast, I wish I could remember his name, he was so kind, and our quietly efficient and totally appreciated housekeeper.

Take some 5s for tipping. Yes it is all inclusive, but you will want to tip, they soooo deserve it!

Miss you Pacifica – hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and had a beautiful ocean view - building 13 does not get the early morning...
2  Thank SunshineisNOToptiona
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We feel so happy after reading such a nice review, we can't wait to have you back either! We truly appreciate your kind remarks and can assure you that we will pass your recognition to every staff member you mentioned above.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Pueblo Bonita Pacifica Resort was absolutely gorgeous. We spent most of the day lounging in a cabana on the beach, which was only a few feet away from the pool. The ocean is only a few yards away as well. Unfortunately, you cannot get in the water in that area because of the rough waters, however, it is so cold, I didn't mind. There were two bars out by the pool including a swim up bar. Give the fresas-colada a try..YUM! The food at the main restaurant was great, especially the Sunday Brunch. We ate breakfast there everyday. Room service runs 24 hours, so if you have a late night downtown, the pizza is a great 4 AM snack! The resort definitely caters to those who are in the mood to relax with gentle music, a full service spa, and aromatherapy in all rooms, but if you are anything like us, you will be glad to know that downtown in only a short taxi or shuttle ride away. Also, a great perk of getting the all-inclusive package is that all of the other Pueblo Bonito resorts are included as well, so you can visit all of the other resort pools and enjoy the bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the end of the hotel. We stayed in 1131 and saw the sunset every night from our...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley C
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Ashley,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and for writing such a detailed review about Pacifica, we are glad to hear you had an amazing time and that you could enjoy everything about our resort. We look forward to welcome you with fresa colada!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The string and woodwinds accompany the wave susurrations as you bask by the pool on cushioned recliners. Libations with premium brands await. The beach is sprinkled with king sized canopied platforms with pads. You lazily scan the evenings entertainment, martini's and mariachis by the fire pit? You drop by the concierge and check out the disco nightlife a ten minute ride away and make early reservations at a sister resort (the Rose'). Deciding the next day to dine al fresco you order from the room service menu. The zen like landscaping is as peaceful as the music and your nighttime strolls are uninterrupted by being accosted as you are in the downtown areas. Staying in February was a wise decision as it allowed for whale watching, snorkeling, fishing, golf and general sightseeing. Unfortunately we were unable to go ziplining, parasailing, four wheeling or a few other activities as we simply ran out of time! I found the food to be of excellent quality and the staff accommodating and courteous. Variety is available at the sister resorts and the view is better higher up at the Pueblo Bonito Sunset. This hotel may not be up to Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton standards but I would rate them at about 90% by comparison. My wife and I agreed we would definitely return.

Room Tip: The higher floors facing up the coast toward Cali or facing the ocean are better than those facing s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

What an amazing and perfect scenery you are describing! We truly appreciate your nice comments and the time you took to review us, it is great to hear you had such a fun and relaxing time during your stay in Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. We look forward to welcome you and your wife anytime soon.

Mizraim Corpus, General Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My boyfriend and I have been to Cabo four times and have stayed at different resorts each time - Riu Santa Fe, Riu Palace, Melia Cabo Real, and now Pueblo Pacifica. This time we traveled with friends of ours and we really enjoyed this resort. At first glance, we were worried because it was smaller than the other resorts we have been to but it had a great feel to it. It actually reminded us more of the resort we stayed at in Maui - peaceful, yet fun. The rooms were pretty average, I did like the rooms at Riu Palace better as we had a full ocean view, a couch and better room service for less money. We paid extra for an ocean view and it my mind it was a partial ocean view as we were on the second floor and hardly above the restaurant below (that part we disappointing but we hardly were in the room). I wouldn't pay extra for an ocean view again.

The food was ok. I didn't have any meals that I really loved but the lunch and breakfast were always good. Room service was good but it took forever to get delivered. For such a small resort, you would think this service would be faster. We did go check out the Sunset and the Rose. We were always glad to go back to the Pacifica - NO KIDS!!!! We ate at La Frida and it was ok. I wouldn't pay extra for it as I wasn't impressed with my meal there either. Service at Sunset was also horrible. I asked a bartender for a drink and he rolled his eyes at me, I mean..really?????

The pool was great and the hot tub was great as well. They do have activities during the day. I did the beach pilates which was great. Angelica led the volleyball each day and my boyfriend loved it because it. She nicknamed him Captain America. Little does she know this will carry with him for a while (sigh). She was great though.

Overall, I would stay here again. I think you just have to know what you want in a vacation. This resort used to be holistic and has changed according to demand as they weren't selling as many rooms as a holistic resort. The people complaining about the loud music likely experienced this hotel when it was holistic but now it serves alcohol and is an all inclusive fun place to say - yet, quiet and relaxed. I think it was a good balance of fun yet peacefulness. The gym is actually good as well, probably the largest I have seen at any of the hotels in Cabo.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the upgrade unless you're going for a suite!
3  Thank jdavis69

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we truly value your comments, and we look forward to welcome you and your boyfriend anytime in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

The staff was very professional . The resort itself was beautiful and peaceful. Whale watching everyday. Real good food and drinks. Very clean.Will definetly be coming back. Thanks to Marco, IVAN, KENYI, PAULO,ADRIAN...and sooo many other staff members !!! Made a lifetime memory watching the Superbowl there as well. SEAHAWKS !!!

Room Tip: views toward the ocean 4th floor and up
1  Thank raj b
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Raj,

It is great to hear you had such a fun time during the super bowl weekend, specially being a Seattle fan right? We'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member you mentioned above, looking forward to welcome you soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

For starters, this is a nice resort, the grounds are very nicely groomed, it has a very relaxing, calm and peaceful feel...reading previous posts I saw people noting loud thumping music and craziness coming from the pool. Not during my visit, it was mellow. For the most part the employees were helpful and courteous. There were a few that didn't quite cut it though. As mentioned in previous posts Wifi/cell service is non-existent here. It drove me crazy that I could not email or call home to check in. So there were several trips made into town just for a check-in back home. The rooms were nice, some have coffee pots, ironing boards, safes, fridges, some do not. Although we had a fridge in our room it did not keep items even cool, let alone cold. Also, unlike most all-inclusives the fridge had 2 bottles of water in it, that were never replaced once we drank them over a 4 day stay, 2 Coronas, and 2 other types of soda. Not stocked at all and no hard liquor in the room. The room was kept very clean. However, we did leave a $5 tip each morning. The bed was humped in the middle, so forget about snuggling up to your spouse, you just rolled back to your own side of the bed and it was not a real cozy comfy bed. The pillows were a bit thick for our liking, we just called down and had 2 additional pillows delivered that they claimed were down, not likely. Nothing luxurious about the linens. This is your average room, well kept and comfortable enough. The food, I was impressed, I have to admit. The last inclusive we stayed at, I felt a bit famished when I returned home. Not the case here. Food really was good and all dining areas were well maintained. The reservation deal is a bit of a pain and they are insistent about having a reservation. Make sure when you are ordering a mixed drink you are specific as to what kind of alcohol you want used, ie Absolut, Stoli, Bacardi, etc...otherwise you end up with a cough syrupy tasting drink. We tipped throughout our stay with each meal, drink service, room delivery. We travelled with a group, we paid to upgrade our room to an Ocean View, once we were settled in we discovered that the majority of the group were on the same floor and did not upgrade. Ocean View was really a partial, so for me not worth the extra cost. Also, they tout on the website that the beach beds are included if you upgrade to an Ocean View or Ocean Front room. This is not the case, you have to also purchase the Butler service to qualify for the bed. No big deal it's a $40.00 per day charge, pennies compared to most places we have stayed. We really had no hassle with the Timeshare tour. We were asked once and turned it down. Here is the kicker. This place is no more an All Inclusive than fly to the moon! Hidden charges everywhere, the biggest is at your meals. They will present a menu for the "Inclusive" and then list their "Specials", cha ching, cha ching! First nights dinner (Lobster), and it was heavenly and worth the money we had to pay, but still, you are at an All Inclusive! Upon departure, went to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass at the Business Center and was charged. That has never happened once in all of my travels. Would I return, yes, I would and will. Now that I know all their little hidden charges, and quirks, I'll be more prepared. Check and double check your bills that you sign at your meals and at check out. They truly are not up front about extra charges. The beach area is nice, but killer on the feet. Also, you can not enter the Ocean, severe drop off that causes a tremendous under current. Pools are nice though and kept clean, the chair saving is an issue and occasionally you get the rude smoker that has no regard for their neighbors.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank thegasgod_slcut

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for writing such a detailed review about your experience during your stay with us, we truly value your feedback which help us improve the quality of the service we strive to provide each day, we'll make sure to take all your comments into consideration, and we truly love to welcome you anytime in the near future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Pacifica is beautiful, and the people are wonderful, friendly, and extremely hard-working. If you stay here, be sure to find Carlos on the beach guarding the turtle sanctuary. He is full of information and very happy to share. Alma at poolside cannot be beat. She was gave us what we needed before we even knew we needed it. She also helped me with some Spanish lessons as well! I did not catch our maid's name, but we stayed in room 1134 from February 8 to the 15, so if management is reading this, please know we had an amazing maid! (Don't forget to tip all these wonderful people despite the fact they tell you tips are included in your all-inclusive price.)

I wish the check-in process had been better. I had reserved and paid for an ocean view room. I would not have chosen to stay here if an ocean view had not been available. But upon check-in, I was informed I was on the bottom floor. I assumed the bottom floor had an ocean view, but I did inquire about the availability of a 3rd or 4th floor room because I just figured the view would be better from a higher floor. I was told that would be impossible as the hotel was completely full, but if I wanted to upgrade from my "garden view" room, I certainly could pay an extra $250 per night for an ocean-view or a suite. I responded by saying my reservation actually did include an "ocean view room." I was told that I was wrong; I had made a reservation for a garden view (meaning a view of rocks and cactus). This went back and forth for a little while until I finally produced my confirmation paperwork showing I had an OCEAN VIEW room. A call was made to the management (I assume), and low & behold, I got an ocean view room on the 3rd floor...which by the way, was rather empty during my entire stay. I felt lied to about not having any rooms available on the 3rd and 4th floor, and I actually felt like it was par for the course to make guests actually have to argue for what they have already paid for. That was not pleasant, and I advise anyone staying in an ocean view room or a suite to print out their paperwork and bring it with them. (I had done this based on other reviews from people who stated they did not receive what they had booked either.) So just be aware!

I did not use the Spa. Prices are absurdly expensive.

The food was better than I had expected for an all-inclusive. I took advantage of the theme nights where food was served buffet style outside near the pool. To my surprise, the best food on theme night was Italian night...even better than Mexican Grill night...go figure!

I would come back to the Pacifica again, but only if I did not have to pay full price. It's an expensive vacation. I've stayed other places in Cabo San Lucas as well, and I would probably check out availability and pricing at other resorts before looking at the Pacifica again.

3  Thank Koral M

Dear Koral,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are very happy to hear you had a nice and relaxing stay with us and that our staff members made you feel comfortable and like home, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to each of them, including your maid. Otherwise, we apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you during your check in, we'll make sure this won't happen again to any of our customers. We truly hope to welcome you anytime in the near future.