“Great place but watch out for the timeshare pitch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Yorba Linda, California
“Great place but watch out for the timeshare pitch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spent a week here and loved every minute of it, ex kept the timeshare hustle. Was told 90 minutes to which we agreed in exchange for some nice amenities, after 3 hours we spoke up and Juan Carlos, mark that name, told us we could leave anytime.

Having gotten by the pitch guys, the resort is awesome. All inclusive, great food, wonderful views, excellent rooms and room service and the best staff anywhere. We particularly appreciated Carmen at the Siempre restaurant, Gregorio Lopez as well. The massages were first rate and the ambiance restful and quiet. There were a few wedding with loud music but it fit in well. The pools are clean and the service at the poll was quick. The lunches there exceptional.

There is a free shuttle into downtown Cabo but we found a taxi easier and more convenient. I would definitely return here, but say no to the pitchmen early on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 305jackanddebbie305

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,023)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We had not been on a vacation for almost 5 years. Our goal was to completely unplug - and we did. What I didn't realize is that you could not swim in the ocean because it's where the sea of cortez and pacific ocean meet - very rough dangerous waves. So you have to rely on the pools. If you wanted to be on the beach you have to spend $40 to rent a spot for lounge chairs and a beach bed. That leaves you to the pools. Not every spot has an umbrella - so people go out early and mark their "spot".

The restaurants were ok. The menus don't change so for all inclusive you are stuck with the same menu every day. Drinks were just awful.

Spa - very nice but VERY $$$$$$. Get your credit card out. Goodness!!!

I was so busy I didn't get a chance to read my 6 page itinerary. On arrival you are pretty much attacked in the airport and then again at the hotel to go on a "90 minute" tour of their sister hotel roughly 5 minutes away (Pueblo Bonito Sunset) that has time shares. WATCH OUT - they are just thieves. They are very savvy and throw tons of options at you - all they want is your hard earned cash. We started with a proposal to buy for 36,000 and when we didn't sign we got asked to tip the staff. Unbelievable!! Then they try a last ditch effort while you are waiting for the van to take you back to sign and give them 500$. When we neglected to fall into their trap - they became rude. For this reason I would never go back to an establishment that makes their guests feel like crap for not buying their time share.

Lastly, on a positive note - the staff is just so nice and so accommodating. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms were delightful. Very remote location - you cannot get around without a shuttle, taxi or car rental. Expected more - but was only 'just satisfied'.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sara H
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I just returned from Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and would highly recommend it for a Cabo vacation. The setting is gorgeous. It's not a place to go and party, but a great place to relax. There are two pools, one nice restaurant and it's a fairly small setting. It had everything my husband and I needed on a getaway. We didn't want to leave! The service is not super consistent, but everything else was wonderful. GO FOR IT!

I've written two thorough posts on my thoughts, but go with it!

Room Tip: Choose ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Ashley P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Had a great experience at Pueblo Pacifica..from the moment arriving and being greeted with champagne to over all service we enjoyed every bit. Elder and Karim at the front getting us taxi cabs and being fun guys to talk to. Ofelia at Partidos Bar made excellent drinks and had a great smile. Marcos and Mauricio around the swim up bar did their jobs to perfection. Food was outstanding especially at Siempre for breakfast. We would definitetly stay again there next time in Cabo. Great job to everyone there..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sonny H
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

We spent the majority of our time around the pool, soaking up the sun, sitting in the chairs and enjoying the views. We did rent a beach bed for one afternoon at a cost of $20, but I'm not sure I would do this again. It was very windy, at least when we went, so hard to relax in my opinion.
The beach is not swimmable, but extremely beautiful. We went for a couple of runs along the sand and really enjoyed it. We got an "ocean view" room and definitely took advantage of the This was mine and my husband's first time to Cabo, and first all-inclusive hotel experience. We went during my second month of pregnancy, so I wasn’t able to take advantage of the amazing plethora of top-shelf liquor drinks and wine the resort had to offer, but I took advantage of the food!! It was really amazingly good. I was afraid due to the all-inclusive nature that the food would be sub-par, but this could not be farther from the truth. Everything we had, from breakfast around the pool or in our room, to lunch by the pool, to dinner at the beautiful restaurant, was fantastic!
The beach is not swimmable, but extremely beautiful. We went for a couple of runs along the sand and really enjoyed it. We got an "ocean view" room and definitely took advantage of the 3rd floor balcony. We sat on our balcony every night and enjoyed hearing and seeing the huge waves crash on the beach.
We got a deal thru the resort that got us 50% off our stay, which made it quite a bargain for all you can eat/drink.
We explored Cabo some, but always came back to our resort secure in our decision to stay at Pacifica. You get to take advantage of dining at sister resorts, so we went into town twice, once to dine at their resort at the swimmable beach, and to go to the attached resorts "gourmet" restaurant and once to shop. While we enjoyed ourselves, the standard of service and quality of the other resorts could not compare to Pacifica.
We plan on staying here again when we make our way back to Cabo.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monkey101979
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at PBP for 4 nights recently for a friend's wedding. Solid 4.5 stars! We had reserved an ocean view room and had requested a king bed prior to arrival. We ended up in a room with 2 double beds the first night but were able to switch rooms the next day… and I'm pretty glad that we did! The first room was in Building 14 on the 3rd floor (I can't remember the exact room number). The view from that room was blocked by 2 large palm trees. We moved to room 1241 and loved this room in comparison! It was on the 4th floor and had a glass balcony, which allowed for clear views of the ocean directly from bed. All in all, if we had stayed in the first room for the entire trip, I likely would've been unhappy about spending the extra money for an ocean view room. So I'm glad we switched rooms! It may almost be worth upgrading when you get there to see what's available - 3rd vs. 4th floor and which side of the resort (we preferred the side near the sushi restaurant). Definitely do the all-inclusive package too!
Onto the resort itself - you can't swim in the beach so know that before you book! I am a beach swimmer but honestly, had a lot of fun anyhow! The pools are very nice and we never had to fight for chairs or even an umbrella (big plus). There are 2 pools - 1 is the main poll with the swim up bar and music playing… more of a 'party vibe', and the other is a quieter pool where you can listen to the waves. I enjoyed both at different times during our vacation. Service by the pool was great and if you can't find a server, it's easy enough to swim/walk over to the bar. The nachos from the pool bar were really good and they came out pretty quickly!
As others have said, the resort is very zen-like and is pretty secluded, which is nice. We visited all 3 of the sister properties. Sunset Beach seems like a nice alternative if you have children. I liked both PBP and PB Sunset Beach way more than PB Rose or PB Blanco. Both the Rose and Blanco are worth the trip for a day visit so you can swim in the ocean but we didn't opt to hang out there for any additional time. It was difficult to track down servers, the chairs were on top of each other, and it was fairly difficult to find empty chairs. The people selling things did get annoying too… we went from really liking to loving our resort after seeing the sister properties! The shuttle to Sunset Beach takes about 3 minutes (it's literally at the top of the hill) and the shuttle to PB Rose/Blanco (they're right next to each other) takes about 10-15 minutes from Sunset Beach. You have to get off at Sunset Beach and board a larger shuttle so all in all, it was about 25 minutes from PBP to PB Rose. Not bad… we walked to town from PB Blanco… it was about a 10-minute walk to the marina. We then took a cab back to PBP, which cost ~$15 including tip. If you have a large group, the cabs charge per person (I think $3pp) so it could be more than the standard cab fare.
I really enjoyed the restaurants at PBP. Siempre was great - we went twice and had a great experience both times. The waitstaff there is awesome! Definitely try the chocolate fettucini - yummy! We tried the sushi restaurant and liked that they just bring you food (no menu). Fun way to eat dinner! I enjoyed the sangria there too - it's different than sangria here! We never tried the buffets as I had read reviews saying they were just okay. The breakfasts were fantastic - I looked forward to it every morning! And the Sunday morning brunch was really great. Try the cream cheese pillows… it's some sort of pastry that tastes like a kolache and is filled with cream cheese. Yum! Be sure to make reservations for the restaurants, especially on the weekends. And ask to sit outside at Siempre so you can enjoy the view!
We had a couples massage at the spa that we enjoyed. It wasn't the best massage I've ever had but all of the little amenities (warm towels, aromatherapy) were nice! I had the steam room, warm bath, and cold plunge all to myself, which was really nice. The spa has a shower area with everything you need to get ready too. The attendant there was really great too! The fitness room was nice and pretty empty on most mornings. I do wish there was a view of the outside since it's kind of a bummer to be exercising on vacation in the first place! :)
My friend's wedding was really great and really fun too! The dinner served was great! Everything went smoothly and I know the photos will be fantastic!
The beach beds are $40 to reserve and looked like fun. We ran out of time and weren't able to rent one.
Also, note that you can't walk on the beach at night because of sand snakes (!). We tried to walk around and listen to the waves but were quickly ushered back… who knew?!
All in all, if I'm ever in Cabo again, I'd consider staying here again!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank jenny433
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Where to begin?!?? The service was spectacular... Enjoyed every moment of my trip. The staff there are phenomenal and that only made the entire trip perfect. Great food. Great activities. Great location. I look forward to visiting one a year. Came here for mothers Mother's Day/ birthday gift and my mother fell in love with this place as well. I wouldn't recommend Pueblo Bonito Rose or Blanco/Blanca whatever it is because when visiting the other hotels the staff were a little less helpful and the hotels weren't as clean. W

• Stayed May 2014