“Quiet location - great for relaxing”

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Quiet location - great for relaxing”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is one of the most serene locations you'll find in Mexico. Its way at the far end of Cabo St. Lucas so not really walking distance to downtown. If you're looking for a loud booze-fest...this isn't the spot for you.
We were looking to get away from it all and spend a week on a beach reading, relaxing and recharging and the hotel met our needs. The service was great, although the food was a bit limited. Luckily in Cabo, there is no shortage of dining options off of the resort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike D
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are very happy to hear you had a very nice stay with us.

Best Regards,
Margarito Barreras, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,052)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was my second visit to this property. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love it here. The staff are so friendly, professional, and accommodating. We spent each day sitting by the pool, listening to spa music, being served ceviche, and frozen drink goodness by Blanca. And I was lucky enough make it to the spa twice and have the best massages of my life by Alejandra. (If I had my choice, she would have come home with me.) This really was midlife at it's finest. And let's be clear, I don't think that this is a bad thing. No whining kids, no bachelor party obnoxiousness, but great food, drinks and service that I can better appreciate at this age!

It definitely would have been helpful to have had a map and better information of the resort events. I included my picture of the activity board, although its not entirely clear where you attend the events without a map!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

6 Thank Janely
Dear Janely,

It sound like you had an amazing, relaxing and fun time during your stay with us! We truly appreciate taking the time to review us and we'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member you mentioned above. Looking forward to welcome you anytime soon.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We booked this resort for the simple reason we wanted an adults only not spring break party all night (been there done that). That is exactly what we got quiet and relaxing. From the minute we arrived we were treated very well. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. The room was very nice, clean and the view was better than expected. The food was very good for an all inclusive it would be nice if there were more restaurants but the service was outstanding. We did the dinner on the beach for our anniversary night and our waiter Leuopoldo was great he made the evening even better with his personality and great conversation. We will tell everyone we know to try this place. It is what it is, if you want loud and party go some where else.

5 Thank Schultz2014
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for your preference on choosing Pacifica for your anniversary getaway! We feel very happy to hear you had a very relaxing time during your stay with us. Leopoldo is a great asset to Pacifica and we'll make sure to pass your recognition to him.

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Beeville, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

From the very first minute we stepped foot on the property, we had grade A service. From Mario, the bell-boy, to Alex the wait staff at the pool, they represented Pacifica with a value not seen much anymore. Mario will take care of any need, anything you might have forgotten to hailing a taxi. Alex will bring you those awesome fish tacos, without delay along with a cold beverage. The views, the room, and accommodations were perfect, and I'll cherish the memories! I would recommend this resort to any adult couple that desires to relax, and get away from the chaos of business. Relax is the one word that best describes this resort. Thank you Pacifica for a lifelong memory getaway with my wife, that was peaceful and relaxing.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty much ocean view, don't get tangled all up in the worry. The all-inclus...
4 Thank Jeremy_Morris
PuebloBonitoResorts, General Manager at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Jeremy,

We feel flattered after reading such a nice review, we are very happy to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay with us, it's a pleasure for us to make our guests feel comfortable and like home. We'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member mentioned above. We look forward to welcome you anytime in the near future and congratulations on your 20th Anniversary!

Margarito Barreras, General Manager

p.s. Thank you for the lovely picture.
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We have been coming here for the past 4 yrs, we have a time share and just love it! The rooms are always very clean, housekeeping does a great job but most speak no English but we still manage to communicate! Food is so-so, the brunch is great and food poolside is awesome! We did the all inclusive thing this yr and wont next time, we aren't big drinkers so I don't think we got our money's worth. We had them set us up to go fishing and that was fun, except the boat was smaller than I expected, but I looked past that and enjoyed it!!!!!
Their are 4 pools I belive we've only been to 2, it was so insanely busy in February, we usually go before xmas. I think we might go back to that month..
Overall we've been pleased!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mcc1979
Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for being such a loyal guest to Pueblo Bonito, it is really nice for us to hear you had an amazing time during your stay with us, we look forward to welcome you on your 5th year!

Graham, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ok from the title you see I really don't know how I feel here. I have gone to MANY all inclusives but usually with my big family. This was my first trip to a adult only and I think I missed the activities during the day and the MUSIC. The PBP played Zen music all day unless someone begged to change it and some even brought speakers and tried to play but were quickly asked to turn it off. OK I get that it is advertised as a Zen like experience that is why i am on the fence about my review. So here goes, when we arrived we were greeted with Champaigne and a warm towel. Our rooms were ready early which was nice so we checked in around noon. We had a room in tower 11 3rd floor, so1135 and it was very nice, very clean ocean view. My sister upgraded to 1152 and had a living room also, it was really beautiful. The first night we went out by the fire pit and nobody was talking just a little band playing so we danced one dance and we thought then omg what have we gotten ourselves into, these people are like zombies!! This was truly our conversation!! The next morning we got up went to the pool and put our towels out and went to the breakfast buffet. It had a nice variety of things, from healthy yogurts or smoothies, or having eggs or omelets made for you. The service is GREAT, I have to say these guys are all over it, from pulling out your chairs to folding your napkin every time you get up from the table, they really work hard. We sat out by the pool and took advantage of the swim up bar where Kanya did a great job with the drinks. We repeated this pretty much every day, we did meet new friends which was nice. If you are wanting to go and sit and listen to zen music, talk to new people, drink, eat, relax then this is the place. We did have dinner one night at the restaurant and it was good but not great. I am used to going places with at least 5 restaurants to choose from and this was disappointing to me that we had only the pool buffet, sushi, or the one restaurant. We actually went to town the other 3 nights because we were told ours was the best of all the other sister hotels so we opted to drive in and try some local places. All in all, I think I would do more research on TA and find somewhere less spa like, and a little more fun with some nightlife because to me a all inclusive should keep you at your hotel, we had to leave to have fun. So I don't think the all inclusive in our case was worth the $$$.

Room Tip: Ask for tower 11 or 12 higher floors
6 Thank BreAlaniz
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Spent a week here and loved every minute of it, ex kept the timeshare hustle. Was told 90 minutes to which we agreed in exchange for some nice amenities, after 3 hours we spoke up and Juan Carlos, mark that name, told us we could leave anytime.

Having gotten by the pitch guys, the resort is awesome. All inclusive, great food, wonderful views, excellent rooms and room service and the best staff anywhere. We particularly appreciated Carmen at the Siempre restaurant, Gregorio Lopez as well. The massages were first rate and the ambiance restful and quiet. There were a few wedding with loud music but it fit in well. The pools are clean and the service at the poll was quick. The lunches there exceptional.

There is a free shuttle into downtown Cabo but we found a taxi easier and more convenient. I would definitely return here, but say no to the pitchmen early on.

4 Thank 305jackanddebbie305