“Beautiful and peaceful”

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 31 August 2014

If your looking for relaxation this is the hotel for you. This hotel is beautiful and well kept. We thought breakfast and lunch was the best part for dining. Dinners were ok and extremely slow (most islands are) We paid extra for La Frida and it honestly wasn't worth the extra. My only negative was time share at the airport which was worse than hotel. At the hotel they asked once we told them no thank you and they left us alone the airport wouldn't stop!! We booked private transport with Brown services which warned us which was very helpful we just kept walking past all the chaos. The beaches while you can't swim are still gorgeous to walk up and down. We didn't rent a cabana bed but there were ample seats by the pool and the service was great. We went next door to sunset which was more for party goers and we quickly made it back to Pacifica! About an hour drive from airport but worth the drive. Would recommend for a couples getaway

Room Tip: Ocean view was great could hear waves! We stayed in room 1424 and you could see everything!
1  Thank lovetotravel7399
PuebloBonitoResorts, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we appreciate you give us feedback and we are going to be working very hard for to give the best service like all our guest deserve.
We will be very glad to have you again at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I checked in to PBP and stayed 5 nights (all inclusive package). They had one upgrade suite left and since it was our 20th Wedding Anniversary we decided to go for it - LET ME TELL YOU TAKE THE UPGRADE! The view was breathtaking, the service was amazing (thank you Pauola - I think I spelled her name wrong but she was the best "butler" you can imagine). The food was outstanding (Tres Leche Cake YUM). I would not hesitate to go back in a second, in fact we have already talked about returning for the tranquility, rest, food, and the spa - I forgot about the spa!! Although they were working on it - I got a massage every day, different person each time and they were all incredible! Honey Sugar Scrub wrap made me feel like satin! I wish I could go back again now! (Just don't get sucked in to the Club Vacation free Breakfast deal). OH and ignore everyone once you past customs until you get outside and find your ride - we were bombarded, but once we arrived at PBP all that was forgotten!

Room Tip: UPGRADE to a suite, worth it - definitely a higher floor, if you cant upgrade then go for a higher f...
1  Thank JSTLOLA

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great comments from your recent visit to Pacifica. It sounds like you love cabo very much. I´m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Margarito Barreras,

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Right, I love hotels I am very particular where I stay and can honestly say this is a lovely hotel, but it is short of 5 star!!
ok the food its good ...sometimes!!!! and its awful sometimes basically its hit or miss but the positives are that you have quite a lot of choice by various hotels within the chain.

The service is luck of the draw we had alexis and blanca who were amazing... tip good service dont tip bad service simple, and you end up with lots of drinks from good waiters and no drinks from bad waiters???

The resort, rooms fine and the location is like a seclusive resort with Cabo at your fingertips so ideal, but the issue is that it caters for adults not old people and such a let down that they have no real bars to talk about --GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

so to summarise this hotel has bags of potential and is a great place to stay - I have so very fond memories and will come back but it could and should be so much better, I hope this helps :-)

stay here I will again

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
PuebloBonitoResorts, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Guest

We will be very glad to have you again at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I recently came back from my trip to Cabo and was lucky to find the deal through Costco to stay at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort and Spa. My friends and I were greeted by Paola with 4 glasses of champagne, what a great start to our vacation. Paola was nice and answered all our questions and took pictures of us. We then went to have lunch and our server Alfonso was the nicest person we met there. He was there to please us. The resort is beautiful but the people who work there make all the difference. I cannot say enough about Alfonso, we made sure that every time we went to the restaurant we asked for him. The spa is also worth going to. Rosa Ma gave one of the best massages I have ever had. The resort is an adult only resort so if you are looking to getaway and relax, this is the place for you. I have to mention everybody who made my stay there wonderful! Thank you to:Alfonso, Alex, Rosa Ma, Lupita, Angel, Kayin, Blanca, Estrella, Paola, Antonio, Karim, Mario, Yesenia (she cooked my omelettes) and Leopoldo.
This is the type of resort where you really want to know the people that are there to make your stay a wonderful one because they all do such a great job!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank carmen c
PuebloBonitoResorts, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Carmen C.

We are very happy to hear you had a very nice and relaxing time during your stay with us, we'll make sure to pass your recognition to every staff member mentioned above. We look forward to welcome you anytime in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Positives:

Great drive through the mountain to get to the resort. Breath taking views going downhill. ‘Ok’ front curb appeal coming through the roundabout when being dropped off. We are greeted by staff with glasses of champagne for my husband and I. The front entrance lobby is nice. Has a pond in the center and sliding doors to see the breath taking views from lobby. Check-In was ok no problems encountered.. They did have a promotion and we did upgrade for $100 more/night on our original room which was nice. Front desk staff were nice. My husband already knew by research that you are prompted after checking-in to sit with someone from their timeshare company. The hotel then gives you bands around your wrist to indicate you are all-inclusive from the Pacifica. There was no waiting period as far as waiting for our room.
The entire resort smells like a “spa.” Either you like that scent or you don’t. I personally did like that.
Premises was clean.
Room was maintained well.
Beach was pristine; as it is a private beach. The resort had many cabana’s that you can reserve; however; it’s $40 extra if you do not have a Suite Room.
Spa was clean & well kept. Appeared somewhat small though.
I had the Diamond Experience Facial and the Ultimate Stress Relief-Back, Neck, and Foot Massage the second day at the resort. If you want the best massage you’ll ever have ask for Joanna. Both services were phenomenal!! I’ve done plenty of massages & facials around the world and she is by far one of my top three of all time. I highly highly recommend her!
Loved that we were on the 5th floor which had a balcony with 2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs for sunbathing which was really nice and overlooked the ocean!
Servers worth mentioning: Ceasar at Siempre. Very nice and attentive. Antonio at Aire/Horizon. Only been there for 2 months. Went out of his way to tend for us. Very nice guy.
Bartenders worth mentioning: Ofelia & Moises at Partidos Bar.

Negatives:
We booked this hotel for our 10 year wedding anniversary. Since we upgraded our room, they failed to transfer all the information/request over and nothing was set up as an ‘anniversary room.’ I went to front desk 2 days later to ask what happened since we requested this online when booking the room originally. They said ok. Then, 5-6 hours later, well after dinner, we get back to the room and see a bottle of Brut Champagne with chocolate covered strawberries. At that point we were too full from our big meal that we just had to really enjoy it. Champagne was horrible and the strawberries were “ok.” Why couldn’t they have done it earlier in the day when it was addressed rather than seeing this at 9:30pm at night? This trip was a big deal for us to celebrate something really special and didn’t feel as we were treated as such.
We had a butler named Ramon. He got really offended that we didn’t remember his name the following day after only being introduced to him one time at our arrival time.
The bathroom amenities in the room for being a “spa resort” was not very impressive compared to other all inclusives I have been to.
Do not come to Cabo the months of August - September. This is hurricane season and the most humid time of the entire year. It was 80-90’s and > 50% humidity each day.
We were stuck indoors for 2 days during the storm. Power had went out at least 2 times. The second day we get a notice to our room that the power will be out for 2 hours and the document stated that it was a city problem; when in fact it was not. There was a problem with the generator as our room was literally right above it and watched it being fixed on. Most likely the other guests bought into what the document stated especially if they weren’t on the wing where the generator was.
There is construction going on daily throughout most of the hotel grounds.
Not many eating options on site--1 Main Restaurant Siempre and 1 Asian Restaurant and a sandwich shop called Bocados (never ate here). 1 Bar near lobby only opened in evening, 1 Bar inside Siempre.

The cabanas: No one informed us the normal protocol. We were there for 1 hour and no one came to ask us if we wanted drinks. Later to find out “after” explained how the cabanas work that we needed to raise the ‘red flag’ and someone will come to serve you.
Restaurant and Poolside service was just horrible and very slow in a nutshell but will describe more in detail.
Both restaurants require reservations and if you didn’t they made a big deal over it. I can see this possibly being an issue if it were during peak season, but we are during low season.
Most servers have no experience or very little. Some spoke better English than others. It didn’t matter which meal it was ...breakfast, lunch, or dinner it took forever, I mean forever for someone to even bring you menus or even ask for drink orders let alone order your meal. There was no consistency what-so-ever.
You are brought a bill at each meal, but again no consistency; sometimes they did sometimes they didn’t.
The quality of the food was mediocre at best. No high-quality food found at this almost 5-star resort. We’ve asked numerous servers about why they don’t have Mahi Mahi or some other decent quality fish as we are “on the ocean front” ? They only have seabass and other lesser quality grade fish. The burgers...DO NOT EAT THE BURGERS. They are worse than school cafeteria grade burgers.
Do NOT bother eating any of the theme night meals at Horizons by the pool. Nothing, I mean nothing is worth evening trying. We ended up having to get up each time we went and go eat at Siempre afterwards.
Sunday Breakfast is the only morning that there is no menu, just buffet style. On Saturday morning, they told us we couldn’t order from the menu. Which was a bunch of nonsense & untrue.
We ate twice at the Asian Restaurant Pescados. The rolls and edamame were good, surprisingly. The best I ever had, no, but definitely good.
The poolside service for food was long. It takes no less than 1 hour to get your food, even if it’s just chips & salsa. Overhearing another couple close by, waited 2 hours for their club sandwich.
The alcohol served at the pool bar is lowest quality alcohol and they always say that they’ve run out of stuff.
Our last dinner meal we thought we’d give it one last try at Horizons since it was All-American BBQ which served bbq ribs, beef, and chicken, and burgers...how can you go wrong with that, right? Yes, do not go as I stated. We actually told the server to get the chef on shift for that night and spoke to him. He spoke little English & needed our server to translate for us. He states that he is given the food and doesn’t have much say on the quality of food they serve. He agreed that the food wasn’t great.

Room Service:
We ordered room service twice for breakfast and once for lunch. Each breakfast were incorrect even though order repeated verbally was correct over the phone. It was really annoying. The Margarita Pizza I may say is worth eating more than once. Don’t try the Tortilla Soup--HORRIBLE.

Pueblo Bonito at Sunset:
The Sky bar/pool at the sunset resort on Tuesday was shut down due to the storm because it’s at the highest peak of mountain and the sand/rocks were coming down from it and had to do repairs. It took us more than 30 min’s of waiting to have a golf cart come pick us up, until we were fed up from waiting and walked down the mountain. Needless to say we were drenched in sweat by the time we got down to the bottom of the resort where the shuttle picks you up.
We ended up eat lunch at the main pool there which come to find out is the same menu at the Pacifica. Service here was good.

Pueblo Bonito at Rose:
Italian Restaurant was good. Pizza was good. Crowd is different here than the Pacifica. Hotel is way older and looks run down. Great beach view sitting at the pool bar.. Very busy on the ocean with all the water activities. Water is beautiful colors of green and blue

After speaking with various staff members, they’ve said that management has changed significantly over the course of the year. Sounds like they don’t have much say to the higher ups when people like us give them negative feedback. They state that they are not doing anything to change what’s “wrong.” It’s a shame because this is a nice well-kept resort. It just needs a lot of TLC and work as the consensus from other guests during our stay have stated the same as I wrote.
Cabo in general is very safe down in city center / Marina areas.

Room Tip: 3rd-5th floor rooms
3  Thank Italian80
PuebloBonitoResorts, Gerente at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to review us, We are going to be working so hard to make sure our future guest don´t get any of this experiences again.

Margarito Barreras,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed here 3 days and let me tell you that that is not the way to go!! The best thing about all Inclusive is that all the other resorts are included and have their own restaurants and pools. Definitely needed at least 5 days to visit and eat at each. Pacifica is a little far away from everything but that's for the private beach. Can't swim in so it just looks good. Food was exquisite and I can't wait to go back!!! Breathtaking!!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank lancedking

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay. We are really happy to hear that you had an amazing experience with us.
We look forward to your second visit to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica.

Margarito Barreras, GM

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had a fabulous time at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. The service was impeccable and I had everything my heart desired. It was the best vacation I have been on in years because of the service. It was just easy and peaceful and the food was DELICIOUS! They do EVERYTHING for you except put the fork of food to your mouth. The rooms were nice and the bed was super comfy. If you want to go somewhere that is family friendly and that is a little more lively, please also consider Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. Very nice and family oriented. My package included access to Sunset Beach and I loved that too. It was nice to go to Sunset Beach during the day and back to complete serenity at Pacifica at night. As far as booking travel, my travel person made booking the trip really easy - I didn't lift a finger except to check to make sure that she got us a better deal than I could find on my own, which was the case. She took care of the flight, hotel, all inclusive package, insurance and transportation to and from the hotel in Mexico. I didn't have to lift a finger. Her name is Nikki at Beach Bum Vacations. Nikki@beachbumvacation.com. She may also have other suggestions for other resorts as she has visited them all, but I really liked what she put together for us. Again, it was the best vacation I've been on in years because it was so easy and because of the service!

21  Thank Camille T

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay. We are really happy to hear that you had a fabulous experience with us.
We look forward to your second visit to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica.

Margarito Barreras, GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 43 in San Jose del Cabo
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!