My husband and I are lucky enough to travel a good deal and stay in some of the highest rated hotels in the world, and I strongly believe that Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has earned its reputation of being one of the best hotels in Mexico. The grounds are gorgeous, the atmosphere is beyond peaceful and the service is excellent across the board.
A few things of note:
-The Pueblo Bonita Pacifica is a brief and inexpensive cab ride from the Marina/Centro (10 minutes; 10-12 USD) and based on questionable road markings, narrow streets, a strong desire to have a few strong margaritas in town with dinner, a shuttle that runs every half hour, etc, I personally see no need for a rental car when staying at this property.
-As others outline, the beach is not swimmable based on undertow and current dangers, but the pools are wonderful and a shuttle will take you to a sister hotel with a swimmable beach (but my guess is the kid noise, crowds and vendors may have you running right back to The Pacifica).
-The food is very good, IF you stay away from the "American" menu items (ex, burgers and pizzas). The tacos, tortilla soup, ceviches, etc are all wonderful.
-Guests from the sister hotels come and use the outdoor facilities during to the day, but are generally mindful of the spa atmosphere (hushed tones, no yapping loudly into cell phones to brokers/assistants/etc) and when that peace is a broken, a few well placed looks implying "you're harshing my mellow" seems to do the trick and quiet down "offenders".
-When it comes to the prices off food and drink, which many have called high in their reviews, I disagree. The prices are less expensive than any of the countless other 4/12-5 star hotels I've stayed at and with room rates being so reasonable for the quality of the property, the value of a stay at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica is extremely high - not the prices.
-The spa is small, but the treatments are great - leave time for a eucalyptus steam and/or a soak in the hot and cold tubs pre or post treatment(s).
-It is a non-smoking property, but if you like the occasional cigarette (like me), you are welcome to enjoy one on the beach while staring out at the Pacific.
-The rooms are "cozy" but extremely comfortable - especially for Mexico. Pillow top beds and crisp linens brought us great nights of sleep (take advantage of the pillow menu - it's a game changer). If you are planning to spend a good deal of time in your room (working, etc) a suite may be a good call so you have the needed space to stretch out, but if you are like us and will spend most of your time outdoors, go for the standard room.
-To enhance your view, ask for a standard room on the 4 floor - all the suites are on the 5th floor.
-The time share thing - no matter what you're told, it is longer than 90 minutes. If you want the credit, just plan for extra time (we have been to this hotel before, but this is the first time we participated in the "timeshare viewing" - we wanted a peek at the villas, which are absolutely gorgeous and we would consider renting with a group of friends (3 bedrooms), but not "buying".
You can't miss with this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico