“Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Kirksville, Missouri
“Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

Beautiful resort. Clean rooms. Great food. Excellent pool with bar. Excellent service. Able to dine at other Pueblo Bonito resorts with free transportation. Love Cabo!

Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndreaR26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,028)
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

Quiet bliss wrapped in serenity permeated with style served by careful purveyors of excellence at a level even the gods would perceive as divine. Professional staff. Superb culinary delights for the finicky and those sensitive to food allergies. No smoke. No noise. No night life. No dancing. No music. No kids. Just what the doctor ordered for the frenetic urban neurotic workaholic yearning to air his head out for a week before entering the dragon, once again. Pack a stack of books, sack your shrink, stock up on sun screen, and leave your worries behind. This is the place for relaxing that you've been looking for all along.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarkGrove
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

I am sitting in my room as I write this review. Here is my two cents:

The room is very nice and comfortable. For the record I travel extensively and I am typically a very loyal Starwood preferred guest. However the starwood was further out than I wanted to be so I decided to give the Pacifica a try. I have NO regrets at all. It is amazingly clean and peaceful here. The room is every bit of what you would expect from a 5-star hotel.

The service is 5 star as well. Every person I have been in contact with has been very genuinely friendly and super helpful. I couldn't find my way to breakfast - and asked someone in the hall that works here to point me in the right direction - he escorted me all the way to my destination. Now that is first class service in my book.

I did have room service last night. The food was very good in my opinion. I did not find it to be overly expensive at all. In fact as I looked at the menu I thought - hmm - they are definitely not as expensive as most hotels of this caliber for room service. The prices in my opinion are very reasonable for a resort. They were at my door with the food in less than 30 minutes. Room service is also 24 hours so that's a nice touch also.

The grounds are breathtaking and very very well maintained. There are no children allowed and that is a beautiful thing. Very Zen!

All said and done my stay is not over yet - but so far I would come back to the Pacifica without a doubt. I feel very well taken care of here and perhaps before I leave I may try the spa services.

Yolanda N.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yanninews
PBPacifica, General Manager, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, 25 February 2010
Dear Yolanda, thank you taking the time to write your positive review and for your visit to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our resort and our service. We are proud of our staff and we will make sure to share your comments with them. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the Armonia Spa as well and would love to hear about your experience. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

Pueblo Bonita Pacifica is set away from "downtown" Cabo and is fairly secluded along a beach. There is direct beach access from the hotel, which for all intensive purposes was a private beach (given how isolated the hotel was from everything else). Reading the other reviews, I did try to brave the currents of the beach. There are beach beds in which you can rent and have dinner, lunch, etc. served there for you, which I would imaging would be quite romantic.

The resort compounds itself was immaculate. There were always people making sure the entire place was kept clean. There's essentially only one restaurant and the food was not bad, especially considering that this is a generic hotel restaurant. The prices were manageable, not cheap but not terribly outrageous. The only thing is a bottle of water in the room is US$9, which is expensive so we brought a bunch of bottled water before arrival. Also, I thought it a bit petty that they charge US$10 for each time you want to use the gym.

I'd say the best part about the resort is the service. Everyone was incredibly attentive and actually seeking to find ways to be helpful in any way. The worst part of the resort was probably the rooms were a bit small. We stayed in a room with two beds and there was not a whole lot of extra space, ie. definitely not enough space to put a small love seat anywhere left in the hotel.

The scenery was very nice of the ocean. It's a US$10~12 for a trip into downtown (and about a 10~15 minute car ride) so that's always available. I went scuba diving one day and perhaps I was just unlucky but the scuba diving was pretty pathetic - a lot of dirt and sand with only a very small amount of marine life with mediocre visibility.

All in all a good place if you just want to lounge by the pool and vegetate. Think of this as less "spring break" hotel and more "spa resort" hotel.

• Stayed February 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank calebys
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

My husband and I stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica for our honeymoon. It by far has been the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at. Not it a flashy, overdone kind of way - just peaceful and breathtaking. There were not many people staying there which made the experience all the more enjoyable. The restaurant was pricey but the food was phenomenal for both breakfast and dinner. We ate there for breakfast every day, choosing a different Mexican dish daily. For dinner the menu was limited but gourmet. I did not like the fact the about once a day we had an employee trying to get us to see the other resort owned by same company but he got the hint that we were not interested finally. You cannot swim in the ocean in that section of Cabo, it is not the hotel's request like I have read in another review, it is that the current there is deadly. The beach was extremely romantic since there was not a soul on it and my husband and I took a walk down it daily. The staff at the wine bar were extremely friendly. One thing I did not like was that you had to pay to book one of the beds on the beach. The hotel is costly, that should have been included on a first come first serve basis. All the beds were empty but yet we were not allowed to lay on them. One of the really cool things was that there is a sea turtle sanctuary on the property and we got to see baby turtles being released. All in all I would definitely recommend Pueblo Bonito Pacifica and will absolutely return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melissa703
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights for a Valentines get away weekend and we thought it was absolutely beautiful and compared to many other 5 star resorts we've stayed in, the service was top notch! Staff were friendly and efficient, and accomodating to our every need. The grounds were gorgeous and well maintained, the spa was lovely, and the food was delicious. A great location that was relaxing, and serene, away from the crazy crowds, and the beach was flawless!

Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christina_villarreal
Hot Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2010

I have traveled throughout the world, and I consider this retreat in my top 5. The atmosphere was created for relaxation. The setting is spectacular, service impeccable, and the cuisine top notch! I'm sitting in my room at the retreat now, and I honestly do not want to return to my home tomorrow...

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple