My fiance and I booked this hotel because of the good ratings and feedback on tripadvisor. I had heard about the 2 hour timeshare pitch, so went in prepared. After a VERY long flight from Boston we were tired and grumpy, but were still hustled to the time share reps in the lobby. We listened, felt like it was a good idea, and tentatively signed up for the next day at 9:00 AM. We told them we may not go, and if not that was our answer. Little did we realize that meant a 8:00 wake up call the next day to make sure we were attending!
We decided to go though, thought it would be worth the vouchers and food credit. It was OK in the beginning but turned high pressure in the end when they felt the need to call in a "manager"...despite the fact that I was very clear we weren't interested! In between calling the manager, and when we decided we were done, they let us walk out and didn't follow up with us on the vouchers or details on how to redeem them.
When we got back to the hotel I approached the timeshare rep in the lobby to follow up and was told they they should have been given to me at the end of the presentation! At this point I was beginning to feel like this was some form of bad business practice and they withheld them because we chose not to purchase a timeshare. I said as much (very calmly) and she was VERY rude to me. She was not helpful and told me I could go back up to the hotel myself to get them the next day (and we could not do any of the activities until we got them). I went to my room and tried to call a manager. They connected me to the same rude rep in the lobby! I hung up and firmly explained who I wanted to speak to, and was finally connected to a manager. At this point I was very exasperated, and told them that I was not feeling like a valued customer and was very unhappy with the service. I wanted the vouchers brought to me, and I wanted something in writing stating I would get my 20.00 back for "attending" the presentation. The rep in the lobby had told me I would not be getting this back, which contradicted what the rep had told me the day before! The one helpful person was the manager!
My fiance also had the cell phone number of the "manager" who had told us to call him if we changed out mind. He called him to tell him we did not have our vouchers- and he was very apologetic. In fact said we would get another 100.00 in food vouchers (which never materialized though). They said that if sales reps got 2 complaints against them they were fired, and this was the first complaint he and the other rep had ever had.
I am hopeful our experience with this was isolated, but I felt pressured, and it was a terrible way to start off our vacation- since they make you do this the first day. We kept saying that we wanted to enjoy the hotel before we committed to a timeshare!
OK, so other than that, the staff and grounds were beautiful. I didn't really mind that I couldn't swim on the beach. If you want to do that you can go to the sister hotel in town. It can be overwhelming though because you are constantly approached by vendors. There are no vendors at the Pacifica.
The wind was suprising- it gets very cool at night, and it very windy during the day. We almost had our food blow away, and they wouldn't let us open umbrellas for a few days. It wasn't terrible though, because it kept you cool under the hot sun.
We went in town and found a gem of a rest., Mexico Mystique. It was outdoor, with fires, and delightful. We liked the place so much we went twice! They make Cesar salad tableside, and the surf and turf is to die for. They knew our names after the first night, and made us feel so welcome. The house white wine is local and delicious. I highly recommend this place.
We also dined at the hotel rest., Siempre and at La Frida. Both were very good. Everything is expensive in Cabo, you should expect to pay the same level as you would pay at home. Try the fish or shrimp tacos at the pool! They were to die for! Also, save money and get your breakfast at the cafe by the pool. It is reasonable and very good. Especially the breakfast croissants. We split one of those each morning because they were enormous.
We also went ATVing. It was a total blast- I wish we had done more activities, but we had a bit of a bitter taste in our mouths given the whole time share experience. We also went to the tequila tasting at the hotel wine bar- Mauricio was awesome! It is pricey to do but so much fun. We made friends with him there, and he kept making us the most amazing tequila cocktails the rest of the stay!
All in all, we had a lot of fun and would recommend this place. My final words of wisdom: make sure to get your vouchers before you leave the presentation! And, check your tequila in your bag, even if you buyit from duty free! They will take it away at customs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico