We had previously been to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica two times, and like the previous reviewer, we booked our 2011 winter vacation last year in 2010 (this would be our third time there this March). We never would have known about the change going all-inclusive if we had not gone to their web site one day by chance. We called and e-mailed the hotel to see if we would be grandfathered in, or if some accomodation would be made for us, but they could not seem less interested in addressing the problem. Instead were were told we would have to fork out another $1,200 upon arrival, take it or leave it. In the past, the food at Pacifica was excellent and we never left the hotel. Now I understand that since it has gone all-inclusive the food is terrible.
We only get one vacation a year, if we a lucky, and we want it to be right. When we read about the changes at Pacifica, the bad reviews and after being treated less than professionally by the hotel when we called and e-mailed, we decided to cancel our Pacifica reservation and go elsewhere in Cabo, even though it cost more. Food quality and serenity are important to us on vacation. What we once loved about Pacifica was that it was quiet, peaceful and did not have the overly intoxicated, all-hours party atmosphere of some resorts. Although it may have once appealed to me, I no longer equate getting drunk and obnoxious in the sun with a great vacation. Now that it is all-you-can-drink, I can only imagine what the guests must be like after trying to consume "their money’s worth" of alcohol each day.
Pacifica had a loyal following. When we were there, most guests were repeat clients and those that weren’t said they would absolutely come back. The management of this hotel failed to realize that Pacifica’s brand was upscale accommodations for clientele looking for great food in a serene, peaceful setting. With the great food a thing of the past, and mature, quiet, mellow guests replaced by all-you-can drink martini-swilling obnoxious revelers, the hotel is now no different than every other all-inclusive, dime-a-dozen dump in Mexico. Like the previous reviewer, were not grandfathered in, despite paying a settled and “agreed-up” rate in full MONTHS earlier and had we not contacted the hotel, we would have been notified of the surprise upon our arrival. At the very least, we should have been offered a reduced rate or upgrade. Essentially Pacifica said, “we are no longer going to honor the price we offered and you paid in full, so either pay $1,200 more when you arrive, or go elsewhere.”
We sadly have chosen to go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort & Spa is an enchanting oasis of natural beauty and relaxation, located on a 2.5 Mile stretch of pristine white beach on the Pacific Ocean, just one mile from lively downtown Cabo San Lucas. This boutique resort offers a deluxe all-inclusive plan providing gourmet a la carte dining, enhanced guest services and a wide range of amenities. Pacifica features five restaurants, five bars, two pools, an award-winning spa and luxurious accommodations in a calm, adults-only environment. Fashionably decorated guestrooms and suites include furnished patios and balconies with stunning views of the ocean and sunsets. One of the most exciting and recent additions at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica are, The Towers at Pacifica a new ultra-luxe resort-within-a-resort, offering 47 new exquisite guest rooms and suites. Also, a new oceanfront gym, and Península, a new beachfront restaurant and bar, featuring traditional Baja Cuisine and creative mixology. New enhanced services accompanied the expansion as well, such as pool butlers for poolside and beach service, and fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Hook & Cook activity. Designed for the sophisticated and discerning guest, Pueblo Bonito Pacifica has everything needed for a fun and relaxing vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Resort And Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
- Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico