“One of Cabo's Best Kept Secrets!”
Review of Oceanus

Cabo San Lucas Sunset and Dinner Cruise
Staten Island, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One of Cabo's Best Kept Secrets!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were met at the dock and escorted aboard. A photo was taken as you boarded and when the boat stopped in front of "El Arco." You were in no way obligated to purchase photos and there was absolutely no pressure to do so and you were able to review your photos prior to purchase. We opted to purchase our two photos because we did not bring our camera with us as we were going to be snorkeling.
A nice time cruising the area on the way to Chileno Bay. Plenty of music and drinks both alcoholic or soft drinks. The crew could not do enough to make you comfortable. At the start we were given a safety briefing regarding the vessel and a bit of history of what we were seeing as we cruised. A big plus for those who are not Spanish speaking is the crew and the entire trip is done bi-lingually.
Once we were at our destination, another safety talk was given regarding the snorkeling and the crew made sure our equipment was in working order and fit correctly. We had ample time to enjoy the aquatic beauty beneath us.
On the way back, we enjoyed more music, drinks and snacks. And once again the crew could not do enough to make you comfortable.
We would highly recommend this snorkeling cruise whether you are single, a couple, or a family.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was really disappointed when I couldn't do the scuba dive tour because I didn't have a PADI license and didn't want to do another snorkle excursion so I opted for this mini sub tour. I read some bad and good reviews and figured I would just try it for myself. When I first saw the subs, I laughed to myself and thought it was going to be a boring joke. The staff was awesome. They explained everything in english as well in spanish. The cruise to the location in itself was nice. we took some awesome pictures and were given exotic drinks. When we arrived, we were split up into two groups. The second group was able to snorkle for a half hour while the first group went underwater in the subs. Then it was our turn and I was nervous as all heck. Going down was hard because of the pressure in my ears. It felt like my head was going to explode, but once we reached the acquired level I was good. The excursion was so cute and we were able to see a lot of different fish. We were able to hold them while taking pictures. When it was over, we were given unlimited drinks and refreshments. I was really surprised that I enjoyed it. I wouldn't do it again because I really want to scuba dive but I would definitely recommend.

Tacoma, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a joke!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The only reason this is a "poor" review and not "terrible" is the guys who were running drinks gave it their best and kept everyone on board with a drink in hand, at least.

This "Sunset Dinner Cruise" was pushed at us by our resort, where the woman assured us it " was the best!" and "definitely the one she would take"...umm yeah no.

This may be promoted as a sunset dinner cruise but it is essentially a poor imitation of a cheap booze cruise. Watered down drinks, Tecate is the ONLY beer on board, the "food" should not even be classified as food...it was so disgusting, I'm really not sure what it should have been classified as. And the music? ugh...loud, obnoxious and totally inappropriate for kids.

We walked away disappointed we had wasted an evening, disappointed we had wasted the money...sober and hungry. Save yourself the wasted time and book a real dinner cruise somewhere else.

2 Thank hishousehold6
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good views, Nasty food”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We took a Sunset Cruise on the Oceanus. Thankfully, we got it for free. The boat departed from the marina around 6pm. It took us past Lover's Beach, Divorce Beach and El Arco and we were able to get some nice photos. It was peaceful and relaxing to be out on the water, which was the best part of the cruise. But because the boat started to return to the marina before sunset, we weren't able to get any good sunset shots. The most disappointing part of the cruise was the food. They served a pork stew (I don't eat pork), lumpy rice, and tasteless refried beans, none of which was hot. It appeared to have been cooked earlier and brought on-board, as there is no full kitchen. This was hands down the worse meal I've ever had in Cabo. I recommend choosing another boat. (We took a snorkeling cruise on the CaboMar later in the week where they cooked the food during the cruise. Big difference. It was tasty.)

Visited July 2013
2 Thank T.michelle
Arvada, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mini Subs”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Very disappointed. We are divers and were looking forward to a new experience. Basically we were herded to one spot where they fed the fish and took our pictures. Then they wanted us to buy a picture after only 30 minutes in the water (notice that does not say under the water). Definitely not worth the $$.

Visited July 2013