We arrived in Cabo to learn our existing hotel changed brands and as such, found out the hotel was in transition and had many, many deficiencies. So, we called up the Sheraton and asked if they could find us a room....even though they were booked fully, they did find us a room for the week (my friend had been coming here for years). Thanks goodness! It was just what we needed, a quiet, relaxing, beautiful hotel where we could enjoy the sun, beach, pool and good food and drinks.
While we didn't get an all inclusive deal like our former hotel, we didn't mind paying a little extra for the better quality food etc. The only unfortunate part was that the hotel had over 500 delegates from a large corporation having a big rah rah during our stay. But since we didn't originally book this hotel and they kindly accommodated us, we really didn't have anything to say. The group was full of some rather pompous people who didn't really care too much about the other guests (paying) and made for a couple uncomfortable experiences. But, we were on holiday so we let it fall off our backs like a duck in water. The hotel staff seemed a little miffed at these people and were happy to find out we were not part of that group.
It was never trouble trying to find a chair by the pool each morning. Im an early bird and I had the same great chairs (nice and padded by the way) each day for me and my friend.
The meals were very good. We ate in every restaurant on site and really enjoyed all our meals and the quality. When the large group showed up however, the menus were put into limited choices to accommodate them....never mind that there were a lot of Vacation Club people as well as regular guest. We took a break and went into the Marina to Ruth's Chris which was very good.
The beach is gorgeous out in front of the pools. I was happy to walk both directions for my morning stroll. Loved watching the daily passing of the whales (seriously!) as well as the pelican swoop down into the ocean.
All in all, they were gracious enough to take us in on short notice and because of this and the lovely facilities, I will come back and bring my family. Thanks Sheraton for turning what could have been a horrible experience into a very good memory!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. Our hotel in Los Cabos, Mexico features a full complement of guest services to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. We present perfect accommodations in a spectacular setting on the oceanfront near Lovers Beach and the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Mexico