We discovered this hotel by chance after an absolutely awful experience at the Fiesta Americana in Los Cabos (never again). We shied away from the Sheraton brand originally because we didn't want a giant commercial kind of hotel and wanted something more traditional in Mexican architecture and feel. We could not have been more wrong. The property, the gardens, the many beautiful and inspired fountains throughout the property, the pools, the people and the tiny nooks to swim and just while away the afternoons were incredible. Walks on the beach beyond belief. We brought our then 4 year old son, and he adored the kids club which had all kinds of beautiful arts and crafts scheduled throughout the day. There are hotel activities which remind one of the olden days when you'd try to get everyone together to have a luau or a cocktail - not very fun for us, but kitschy touches that keep the people watching lively.
One note: you might want to skip the whole time share presentation - or not - after seeing the property we seriously considered it. The apartments they are offering are wonderful. The only drawback for us was not knowing which apartment you actually owned in terms of equity and managing outside rental income. We would have preferred an option to buy a specific property where we could return time and again, over sharing several throughout the property in a time share format. You do get wonderful gifts and discounts if you do decide to sit through it, cruises, snorkeling, whale watching, horseback riding and pretty much anything you can think of.
The rooms facing the ocean with their own private terraces are beautiful. We chose one in the far corner near a quiet restaurant and weren't disappointed. No noise or partying and just beautiful views of the moonlight and sunrise and sunset.
The food was wonderful as well. Lots to choose from. If you have children or want a little quick getaway to a place where you really don't need to lift a finger, this is the place. There are little shops on the property that have everything you need for your hotel room - milk, soap, laundry items, souvenirs, magazines, water, etc. Sheraton Hacienda will take you to another time and place, the Spanish architecture and all the landscaping, hummingbirds, butterflies, birds and little touches make this a very special place indeed. We plan to return often.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos, Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Mexico