1,903 results
All reviews tomatoes restaurant hacienda del mar cortez restaurant ocean front time share beautiful resort tequila bar jacuzzi tub infinity pool vacation club rental car garden view main building san jose swim up bar per day partial ocean view
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I, plus our five adult children and their spouses/companions, visited the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar just before Christmas, 2013. We (wife and and I) arrived a few days before other others to give ourselves some time together ahead of the rest of the group. (In total had 31 room nights for our happy group, many paid for with Starwood points. Indeed, if you need multiple rooms for a group, the better strategy may be to buy down the room price with Starwood points rather than using burning all your points for one or two rooms and then paying the rack rate for the additional rooms you need.)

The hotel is located in a large beach, and has multiple pools and (generally ok-to-good) restaurants. Whales are easily visible from the property, often 150 yards out from the beach. Our rooms were comfortable, hotel services good, and staff generally very attentive. We found the concierge desk extremely helpful, eager and willing to assist us with reservations for dinner, golf, and other activities. Happy hour rotates across various bars, so if timed carefully, it's possible to drink at half off for much of the day.

Polling our group upon return home, all agreed that they had a good time, like the facility, and would go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Kenneth G
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for posting such a great review of the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar on TripAdvisor. So happy to know you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. It's our job to make sure you are comfortable and your accommodations are sufficient. Thank you again for choosing us to host your visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is my third straight Christmas staying at the Sheraton with my sister. It's a beautiful property that is very well maintained. We spent a week in the timeshares then moved to the hotel. Upon checking in I was informed that our room assignment had been changed to a room with one bed. I let the front desk staff know that was not acceptable. After speaking with Emaunel the Supervisor, he assured me he would try to figure something out and not to worry. Needless to say he rose to the occasion and provided stellar service. Natalia at the front desk was not as accommodating and didn't seem to care about my plight. Big kudos to the following staff members who provide superior service even when overwhelmed, Lupita, Irma and all the Concierge staff. Guillermo, who seems to be everywhere and always providing great service. The pool staff that work for Guillermo bust their butts every day and do a great job for guests. Ricardo and his waitstaff atTomatoes, especially the server that plays soccer and had a bit of a limp. I look forward to spending next Christmas in Cabo and wanted to recognize these team members. The only negatives were the AC seemed to have a mind of its own and internet is so-so.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DoctorRDenver_CO
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Los Cabos on TripAdvisor. We take pride in providing all of our guests with stellar customer service. Our dedicated staff continues to raise the hospitality bar with their willingness to make each guest feel comfortable. I'm happy Emmanuel and the other stadd rose to the occasion to make you happy. We hope you will come back really soon to visit us!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just got back from another great week at our timeshare at the Hacienda Del Mar! My parents have been bringing the whole family for 17 years and every year has been wonderful!! My father (Pfaffle) recently passed away so this is the first year without him being there. Although there were sad times the resort is so beautiful and the staff so wonderful that we were reminded how much he loved this resort and never regretted buying the timeshare. My boys are now 20 and 22 and still look forward to our annual trip. I brought my boyfriend and his two daughters this trip and they loved it. He loved the bed(better than then the Four Seasons in Kaui that we stayed at this summer). A few years we have traded the timeshare for another location but they have never been as beautiful and relaxing as the Hacienda. We have decided that for our remaining 12 years we will always be back at the Hacienda for week 50! The staff make it so easy...they provide transportation to and from the airport, a shuttle in to town, arranging excursions with great discounts( Pez Gato or Princessa snorkeling is a must!!), 2for1 happy hour drinks all day long at different pools, planned activities (cooking classes, bingo, beach and pool volleyball). One of my favorite things about this resort is the Hacienda style feel. It doesn't feel like you are at a 12 story high rise hotel. I love that it is outside of town. I could be perfectly happy staying at the resort the entire week (but of course the teenagers now want to go into town at least a few nights, but even they love to get back to the resort after a day at the Mango Deck!) To be fair, I do have one negative...I am not a fan of all the new buildings that are way in the back for Timeshare owners. I really wish they would have stayed with the bungalow style feel. Even so.... You will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CCS2013

Thank you for posting this review of Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Los Cabos. We are delighted to know our resort if one of your favorite places in the world. We are sincerely flattered. Our team is happy to know you were able to take advantage of the many activities we offer here at the resort including golf. There's lots to do on site for our guests. I hope you will visit us again during your next trip to Los Cabos!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

1st trip to Cabo for the both of us. Loved the Sheraton. Beautiful architecture, staff was very nice and they are not pussy with the Time share sales which is right next door. But take a tour (2 hours all in) and get a gift.

Close enough to downtown for a taxi but we loved the pools. Use the swim up bar pool. Not many people are there so very relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYL12

Thank you for posting your review of Sheraton Hacienda del Mar on TripAdvisor. Our staff is friendly, personable, and dedicated to making your stay excellent. Thank you for giving our team the recognition they deserve. We hop you will come visit us again soon. And we hope you and your partner enjoyed your honeymoon here in November.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

What a wonderful place! Amenities are endless. The entire staff was fantastic. I have never seen a Front Desk and Concierge staff that is so driven to help and please their customers!
The pools are beautiful and many! The restaurants are excellent!
I would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Buildings 15 - 17 are farthest from the beach and pools but are all brand new! Beautiful!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amigo4733

Thank you for posting your review of Sheraton Hacienda del Mar on TripAdvisor. We are committed to providing our guests with amazing service. We have exceptional hospitality standards and our team makes sure all visitors feel welcome. On top of that, yes, the amenities are endless. There's always something to do, and if you're not much of an activity person we have some of the most extraordinary views of Los Cabos right here.

We're glad you loved being with us. Please come again!