1,901 results
All reviews tomatoes restaurant hacienda del mar cortez restaurant ocean front time share beautiful resort tequila bar jacuzzi tub infinity pool vacation club rental car garden view main building san jose swim up bar per day partial ocean view
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar with our adult children and another family and we were one of the few groups on an all-inclusive drink and meal plan. It meant we had to sign for all our food and drink but we received exceptional service. The food was excellent and we managed to eat in all the restaurants and ate in the sushi bar downstairs to watch a few basketball games and have a few table tennis tournaments. The BBQ for dinner at Tomatoes was excellent and they even supplied blankets so you could sit outside even if the temperatures had dropped. The prices on the menu seemed high, but for us it was great value.
The fitness room had up to date equipment and was very well equipped, although very busy in the morning and difficult to get elliptical machines.
The pool chairs get reserved very early despite signs saying you can't! Although many people were there at time shares we did not get any pressure to attend presentations.
The golf was very good and we used the free shuttle to get back and forth from the course.
There were many pools and you could definitely find quiet spots to sit. Easy to find a spot on the beach and the staff would bring beach chairs and umbrellas wherever you wanted. They were also great at bringing drinks or food down to you.
The rooms were spacious although sound proofing not great so you could hear people in neighbouring rooms. We had no problem with the internet.
We liked being a bit of a distance from town, and if you wanted to visit often, a rental car would be a good idea.
A delightful stay and we would consider returning there if we were to visit Cabo again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Connie M
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for posting this review of the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar in Los Cabos. We see you were able to take full advantage of the activities and amenities our resort has to offer guests. Our guests appreciate our location because of it's proximity to town yet the quietness the resort offers being somewhat at a distance from the city. We're glad you and your family had a delightful stay with us!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Ok. If you've read my reviews you know I'm a bit of a stickler. This resort is terrific. Beautiful setting, great rooms, and one of the finest, best trained staffs anywhere. My one disappointment was that we reserved a "Deluxe Ocean View" Room. There must be some definition of deluxe that I'm not familiar with. Yes, we could see the ocean. But not from the room. The balcony had an ocean view from one side of it. We decided not to sleep on the balcony so we could see the ocean as we drifted off to dreamland. Also, the pilows are a bit large for my taste. Thankfully, I brought my own. (As always)
It is a huge property with several restaurants, and pools and huge beach. The restaurants are very good, if not world class, and the service is impeccable. Best price/quality restaurant is "Tomatoes."
Actually, the service is impeccable in every way. It seems that there is never enough that the staff can do for you. There are pools for kids, and pools for adults. Umbrellas and chairs at the beach and pools set up by staff at your whim. There seems to be a bar at every pool, and charcoal grills serving very fresh shrimp, beef and salads.
We were there for five days. It wasn't long enough.
Just an aside.
We reserved a car from Budget. Big mistake. What we thought would be a $300 rental turned out to be more that triple that much when the "required" insurance was added in, despite assurances from Budget's home office that that wouldn't be the case. We decided not to rent a car. It was the best decision of the trip. Taxis are a bit expensive, but not nearly as much as renting a car. We went to both local areas several nights and spent less than $200 for taxis, and we tipped well.
One more aside... Don't bother to get pesos before you go. Everyone takes dollars, and the exchange rate is excellent at even the smallest tienda. They'll actually list prices in dollars more often than they will pesos.
Have fun! We did!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HedonistSpeaks

Thank you for taking posting this amazing review of the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar on TripAdvisor. Our staff is eager to service all of our guests, providing the highest quality of customer service. We are happy to know we did well by your standards. Hope you enjoyed the lovely scenery along with the award-winning food. Please don't forget us when planning your next visit to Los Cabos!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I, plus our five adult children and their spouses/companions, visited the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar just before Christmas, 2013. We (wife and and I) arrived a few days before other others to give ourselves some time together ahead of the rest of the group. (In total had 31 room nights for our happy group, many paid for with Starwood points. Indeed, if you need multiple rooms for a group, the better strategy may be to buy down the room price with Starwood points rather than using burning all your points for one or two rooms and then paying the rack rate for the additional rooms you need.)

The hotel is located in a large beach, and has multiple pools and (generally ok-to-good) restaurants. Whales are easily visible from the property, often 150 yards out from the beach. Our rooms were comfortable, hotel services good, and staff generally very attentive. We found the concierge desk extremely helpful, eager and willing to assist us with reservations for dinner, golf, and other activities. Happy hour rotates across various bars, so if timed carefully, it's possible to drink at half off for much of the day.

Polling our group upon return home, all agreed that they had a good time, like the facility, and would go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Kenneth G

Thank you for posting such a great review of the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar on TripAdvisor. So happy to know you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. It's our job to make sure you are comfortable and your accommodations are sufficient. Thank you again for choosing us to host your visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is my third straight Christmas staying at the Sheraton with my sister. It's a beautiful property that is very well maintained. We spent a week in the timeshares then moved to the hotel. Upon checking in I was informed that our room assignment had been changed to a room with one bed. I let the front desk staff know that was not acceptable. After speaking with Emaunel the Supervisor, he assured me he would try to figure something out and not to worry. Needless to say he rose to the occasion and provided stellar service. Natalia at the front desk was not as accommodating and didn't seem to care about my plight. Big kudos to the following staff members who provide superior service even when overwhelmed, Lupita, Irma and all the Concierge staff. Guillermo, who seems to be everywhere and always providing great service. The pool staff that work for Guillermo bust their butts every day and do a great job for guests. Ricardo and his waitstaff atTomatoes, especially the server that plays soccer and had a bit of a limp. I look forward to spending next Christmas in Cabo and wanted to recognize these team members. The only negatives were the AC seemed to have a mind of its own and internet is so-so.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DoctorRDenver_CO
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Los Cabos on TripAdvisor. We take pride in providing all of our guests with stellar customer service. Our dedicated staff continues to raise the hospitality bar with their willingness to make each guest feel comfortable. I'm happy Emmanuel and the other stadd rose to the occasion to make you happy. We hope you will come back really soon to visit us!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Just got back from another great week at our timeshare at the Hacienda Del Mar! My parents have been bringing the whole family for 17 years and every year has been wonderful!! My father (Pfaffle) recently passed away so this is the first year without him being there. Although there were sad times the resort is so beautiful and the staff so wonderful that we were reminded how much he loved this resort and never regretted buying the timeshare. My boys are now 20 and 22 and still look forward to our annual trip. I brought my boyfriend and his two daughters this trip and they loved it. He loved the bed(better than then the Four Seasons in Kaui that we stayed at this summer). A few years we have traded the timeshare for another location but they have never been as beautiful and relaxing as the Hacienda. We have decided that for our remaining 12 years we will always be back at the Hacienda for week 50! The staff make it so easy...they provide transportation to and from the airport, a shuttle in to town, arranging excursions with great discounts( Pez Gato or Princessa snorkeling is a must!!), 2for1 happy hour drinks all day long at different pools, planned activities (cooking classes, bingo, beach and pool volleyball). One of my favorite things about this resort is the Hacienda style feel. It doesn't feel like you are at a 12 story high rise hotel. I love that it is outside of town. I could be perfectly happy staying at the resort the entire week (but of course the teenagers now want to go into town at least a few nights, but even they love to get back to the resort after a day at the Mango Deck!) To be fair, I do have one negative...I am not a fan of all the new buildings that are way in the back for Timeshare owners. I really wish they would have stayed with the bungalow style feel. Even so.... You will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CCS2013

Thank you for posting this review of Sheraton Hacienda del Mar, Los Cabos. We are delighted to know our resort if one of your favorite places in the world. We are sincerely flattered. Our team is happy to know you were able to take advantage of the many activities we offer here at the resort including golf. There's lots to do on site for our guests. I hope you will visit us again during your next trip to Los Cabos!