Great place for a vacation stay. Great property on the beach with a great pool area. The vistas, beach, weather were phenomenal. SPG Platinum upgrade to to bi-level two bedroom room on the inner courtyard with a view of the ocean. Nice room. Buffet was decent but without the SPG Platinum discount it would be darn expensive for the food. No other options nearby. Service was good and no complaints. Checkin, like most every international hotel, takes 10 minutes longer than in the US. Bellmen were very friendly. English may be the first language for most locals in Cabo; often I had a hard time picking up any discernible accents! I know for certain the USD is the local currency. ATM at the hotel charges 7% so bring cash.
Some things to keep in mind. Location is not close to downtown Cabo and it is a $20 USD cab ride to and from the hotel which I find very expensive and I am from Boston. They have a shuttle but runs every 90 minutes which is almost useless. The taxis are 8 person vans and they go nearly empty into town. Seems like an area for improvement.
$90 USD from airport but $55 USD to airport from hotel (odd). There are no meters on the taxis in Cabo and negotiation is a negative. Taxis have spread the word and no chance to find better options. You need cash for taxis--and a lot of it.
Sheraton guests receive 10% discount at the Del Sol Ocean and Desert Courses. Played both of them. Ocean Course was probably best golf experience of my life. Postcard on every other hole. Ocean Course gives you tacos on the turn! Delicious.
I would definitely go back.
If it were closer to Cabo it would be a 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos, Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Mexico