“Nice place with good value”

Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Saratoga, California
“Nice place with good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just like any hotels, this one has good's and bad's. The hotel is pretty out dated, but well kept. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is good enough to satisfy some picky travelers like me. The hotel was pretty empty when we were there last week, so this definitely helped my 4 star rating. Plus, I got a package deal from Costco. For a Costco customer, I felt I was treated a little differently. No upgrade (paid) or any other options when checked in. You get what you paid for.

Room: average 4 star. The decor is pretty old and outdated. The room color is dark brown, so my room (3122) was dark and cave-like feeling. There is a huge balcony, which is unnecessary. They should have made the room bigger instead. the walls and ceiling are so thin that I could hear everything from my adjacent neighbors loud and clear. Bathroom amenities are good and water pressure is nice. Our A/C did not work occasionally, so I had to turn them on and off a few times to reset. Absolutely no view, but it was right in front of the pool so very convenient. You get what you paid. w/o the ocean view, the room has no character.

Swimming pool: 5 star. Great swimming pool with a lot of choices. One of the best things for this hotel. A lot of chairs and resting area, plenty of rooms all around. a huge main pool is a big plus. The water is too warm, but can't help it.

Restaurant: Poor 3 star. The weakest part of this hotel is the food. We tried all restaurants in the hotel, but none of them really impressed us. Breakfast at Tomato was average/or below average. There were no authentic mexican restaurant we wanted. Sports bar was OK. De Cortez did not meet our expectation. I was sick for 2 days after a course meal at De Cortez, so be careful. Price was definitely at higher side, but if you understand this is a remote resort, I think the price is reasonable. we had free breakfast deal, so it was good. If we had to pay for them, I would never go to Tomato for $30 breakfast. One important tip: we found the only reasonable restaurant near by is the one in the Del Sol golf course. Price was reasonable, food was great, and staffs were friendly. ask concierge folks for a shuttle to the restaurant. It takes only a few minutes to get there. 2 adults+2 kids witha lot of drinks came out to be ~$125-130 with tax and tips.

Staffs: 4 star. there were a few staffs whose main interest was tip. Some were very nice. Concierge ladies were super friendly. Check-in/out were above average. I asked for 1 hr late check out, and they were happy to do so.

Location: poor. out of no where. either you relax for your whole stay or rent a car to get out.

Internet: bad. I just don't understand the hotels charge for internet these days. $15 per day. why? Even in the lobby, they limit the usage for 30min with one device. why why why?

Other amenities: I liked the rental car facility in the hotel. I rented a car for one day for city tour and local restaurants. a lot better than taking taxi round trip for $50 or $60+tips. I rented a car for $60 for a whole day. parking and driving were easy in Cabos. I recommend renting a car, rather than highly priced taxi.

In summary, I think this hotel is definitely not a luxury facility. It is co-located with a time share property. However, this is a great family place with a reasonable price. As far as value goes, I highly recommend it.

2 Thank shoshosho
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed some of the amenities of the property, including the pools as well as the level of service you received from our staff. Here at the Sheraton we strive to deliver a standard of service that exceeds all of our guests' expectations. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton, Los Cabos. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Greek first
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed on this hotel for 5 days and we absolutely loved it. First of all, the staff are very accommodating and always willing to answer any questions and they are more than willing to help out. I travelled with two kids ages 2-5 and this hotel has enough pool to accommodate the kids' age. On the food side, I love the buffet breakfast in Tomatoes restaurant and the amazing views of the beach while enjoying your food.There's also a swim up bar that's only a couple steps from our room. The beach nearby is non swim able but you can relax on the sand and they have tons of lounge chair with umbrella. This place was not crowded during our stay and the infinity pool have an awesome view of the beach. The staff are always smiling and every time you'll ask for help, and after they helped you, they won't stand there like waiting for a tip. Many times, I have to chase them to give out tip because they absolutely deserved it. We are looking forward to stay again in this place the next time we will be in Cabo.

Stayed August 2014
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the resort, and were able to take advantage of our many amenities, including the pools and Tomates Restaurant. Additionally, we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the level of service that you received from our staff. Here at the Sheraton, we strive to deliver a standard of service that exceeds all of our guests expectations. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

While the staff was friendly and well-intentioned the property and service seemed to be under-managed. We had a number of negative experiences during our stay (Summer 2014), including: 1)Our room not being ready at the expected time; 2)we were initially assigned a room with an obstructed view of the ocean, which took about an hour for the staff to correct and assign us another room once we complained enough; 3)a leaking ceiling in both our hallway and bathroom due to poor AC maintenance (water all over the floor); 4)iguana feces in several areas around our villa, which went without cleaning during our entire stay; 5)a rollaway crib sitting outside of our door for several days until it was finally put away; 6) not being advised the beach was not swimable until we arrived. All these experiences left my family and me with an underwhelming experience at this beautiful resort. While the property itself is beautiful and the backdrop gorgeous, the lackluster customer service really disappointed us.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room and don't settle on the first room you are shown if the view is not r...
5 Thank joseferrel
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We sincerely apologize for any confusion there might have been around the package that you booked, as well as any inconveniences you may have experienced throughout your stay at the resort. If you would like to further discuss the problems with the resort, please feel free to contact Angelina at angelina.garcia@sheraton.com. We hope that you enjoyed every other aspect of your stay with us. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

After staying at Casa Dorado and the Hilton, we came to the Sheraton (using SPG points) for our last 2 nights in Cabo. Although all 3 properties are "4 diamond", this was by far our least favorite. First, we were to get 2 connecting rooms, but they took us to rooms side by side- not connecting. When I called to ask, they said that is all they had for the next 3 days. One room had a huge cockroach in it. The in-room movies did not work the first night. The decor/rooms are dated and somewhat dirty (mold in the shower and around the tub). The beds were not as comfortable as the other hotels'. My husband and sons reported that breakfast was not good. Plus, we were in a room next to screaming children. The beach is beautiful, but there are no water sports/activities. Pools are great, as well as the pool service. Grounds are well manicured and my son did enjoy the resident iguana. But overall, we all agreed that we liked the other properties far better. And, considering the other hotels are comparable in cost, I can not recommend the Sheraton Hacienda. I would not stay here again- even using points.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Shackworth
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was our first time in the Sheraton Hacienda Hotel for family summer vacations. Restaurants are excellent. Pools are very nice and my kids love them all. The staff service is also excellent. We enjoyed the site and in general all the amenities. We will go back for sure.

1 Thank RClap
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed many of our amenities, including the pools and restaurants, and that our staff was accommodating throughout your stay with us. Here at the Sheraton, we strive to deliver a standard of service that exceeds all of our guests' expectations. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton, Los Cabos. We look forward to your next stay with us.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My friends and neighbors totaling a group of 25 people recently stayed at Hacienda Del Mar. And it was the best experience in Mexico of my life.

I have never felt this well treated in a large group format anywhere!
Please insure you forward this review to the entire staff and to all your upper management. Your team needs to be complimented for there incredible attention to detail and amazing service.

It fell on me to coordinate the trip which involved making the air and hotel reservation for all 25 people and 10 rooms. I am not a travel agent by any means and you can imagine it became an overwhelming task many times. One of my bigger concerns was coordinating in advance where all the adults and kids would sleep and what the proximity of the rooms would be so we could all be relatively together. Once the hotel reservation was made I called and spoke with Emmanuel a few weeks before the trip to begin to make arrangements. From the first conversation until my last when I left the property, Emmanuel was incredibly helpful, accommodating, courteous, and patient. The key in my mind was how it would all play out once my army arrived.

Upon arrival of all 25 people composed of 12 adults and 13 children between the ages of 4 and 18, your entire staff in the lobby very patiently, professionally, and efficiently checked everyone to the exact accommodations Emmanuel and I had discussed. We did realize that one parent had been, by my error, placed to far from their kids room and immediately a change was made to insure all was well.

From that moment on the stay kept getting better by the day. The entire staff, of the entire property, regardless of where we went was super nice, super friendly towards the adults and kids alike, and incredibly accommodating. Whats more every one knew I was Mr. Cruz. How they did that, I do not know.

You made our neighborhood trip memorable for all the right reasons!

Room Tip: The corner rooms in the main building are awesome because of their huge balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gabriel C
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are extremely delighted to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff was helpful to you and your group throughout your time here. Here at the Sheraton, we strive to deliver a level of service that exceeds all of our guests' expectations. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton, Los Cabos. We look forward to your next stay with us, Mr. Cruz.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Thank you Sheraton Hacienda for making out trip a memorable one. All staff stepped out their way to assist guests, and the property is with amazing view in every corner. We had the ocean front villa, with just a few steps to the pools and ocean, and is convenient if you are travel with kids and they love to swim. We'll definitely go back in the near future and would highly recommend this place. Thanks for a wonderful hospitality, Sheraton!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann N
Sheraton H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar Golf & Spa Resort, Los Cabos. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, including the level of service you received from our staff. Here at the Sheraton, we strive to deliver a standard of service that exceeds all of our guests' expectations. Thank you for choosing the Sheraton, Los Cabos. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cabo San Lucas
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
#61 of 116 in Los Cabos
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,977 reviews
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#9 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
ME Cabo
ME Cabo
#13 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar? Share your experiences!