Just like any hotels, this one has good's and bad's. The hotel is pretty out dated, but well kept. It is not a luxury hotel, but it is good enough to satisfy some picky travelers like me. The hotel was pretty empty when we were there last week, so this definitely helped my 4 star rating. Plus, I got a package deal from Costco. For a Costco customer, I felt I was treated a little differently. No upgrade (paid) or any other options when checked in. You get what you paid for.
Room: average 4 star. The decor is pretty old and outdated. The room color is dark brown, so my room (3122) was dark and cave-like feeling. There is a huge balcony, which is unnecessary. They should have made the room bigger instead. the walls and ceiling are so thin that I could hear everything from my adjacent neighbors loud and clear. Bathroom amenities are good and water pressure is nice. Our A/C did not work occasionally, so I had to turn them on and off a few times to reset. Absolutely no view, but it was right in front of the pool so very convenient. You get what you paid. w/o the ocean view, the room has no character.
Swimming pool: 5 star. Great swimming pool with a lot of choices. One of the best things for this hotel. A lot of chairs and resting area, plenty of rooms all around. a huge main pool is a big plus. The water is too warm, but can't help it.
Restaurant: Poor 3 star. The weakest part of this hotel is the food. We tried all restaurants in the hotel, but none of them really impressed us. Breakfast at Tomato was average/or below average. There were no authentic mexican restaurant we wanted. Sports bar was OK. De Cortez did not meet our expectation. I was sick for 2 days after a course meal at De Cortez, so be careful. Price was definitely at higher side, but if you understand this is a remote resort, I think the price is reasonable. we had free breakfast deal, so it was good. If we had to pay for them, I would never go to Tomato for $30 breakfast. One important tip: we found the only reasonable restaurant near by is the one in the Del Sol golf course. Price was reasonable, food was great, and staffs were friendly. ask concierge folks for a shuttle to the restaurant. It takes only a few minutes to get there. 2 adults+2 kids witha lot of drinks came out to be ~$125-130 with tax and tips.
Staffs: 4 star. there were a few staffs whose main interest was tip. Some were very nice. Concierge ladies were super friendly. Check-in/out were above average. I asked for 1 hr late check out, and they were happy to do so.
Location: poor. out of no where. either you relax for your whole stay or rent a car to get out.
Internet: bad. I just don't understand the hotels charge for internet these days. $15 per day. why? Even in the lobby, they limit the usage for 30min with one device. why why why?
Other amenities: I liked the rental car facility in the hotel. I rented a car for one day for city tour and local restaurants. a lot better than taking taxi round trip for $50 or $60+tips. I rented a car for $60 for a whole day. parking and driving were easy in Cabos. I recommend renting a car, rather than highly priced taxi.
In summary, I think this hotel is definitely not a luxury facility. It is co-located with a time share property. However, this is a great family place with a reasonable price. As far as value goes, I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its cobblestone lanes, winding paths, quaint Placitas, fountains, restaurants, and shops, the Sheraton Grand Los Cabos, Hacienda del Mar captures the feel of Old Mexico. A full complement of guest services is offered on premises to satisfy the refined needs of both the meeting and leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda Del Mar Cabo San Lucas, Mexico