This property is built in a motel style. I am giving it a 5 star rating, because it is a definite value and met my expectations. But it is not a 5 star resort by any means. it was clean, convenient, and comfortable, plus it offered free wifi. that is a huge plus. it is not luxurious, but the staff is friendly, and the food was excellent! 90% of the people we encountered at this hotel were from Mexico and on vacation, which only added to our cultural experience. I made friends with some people from Mexico City in the hot tub who poured me some rum and cokes. We would definitely stay here again. the pool was not large, but it was clean and warm. There were no views of anything, but the beach is a 10 minute walk. The property is safe and has a gated entry with a security guard. The first thing you should do when you arrive is go and buy bottled water down the street, because it is $2.50 a bottle at the hotel. Did I mention the hotel was clean and served excellent food? My wife said the ceviche was the best we had during our stay in Cabo. You do receive privileges at the other Solmar resort, so we spent $10 and took a cab over. It is located at Lands End. The beach there is not swimmable, but we walked to Lands End, hiked up and over the rocks, and landed on Lover's Beach. We then walked all the way down the beach and back to the marina, where we grabbed another cab. this was an excellent excursion that the whole family enjoyed. We paid $85 a night through expedia and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests at this cozy 72-suite property now enjoy a beautiful new lobby, remodeled event space, a new Jacuzzi area and an on-site restaurant, Las Quintas.Located less than a mile from the Sea of Cortes and close to the many attractions of Los Cabos, guests at the Quinta del Sol have access to a long list of activities on land and sea. There’s world-class golf, deep-sea fishing, scuba diving, horseback riding, shopping in downtown Cabo San Lucas and sunset boat rides. In every sense, the Quinta del Sol is close to everything.Hotel amenities include a multilingual staff, 24-hour front desk, currency exchange, baggage hold, laundry facilities, dry cleaning, on-site car rental, business services, ice machines, airport shuttles (fee applies), free parking, adult and family pools, outdoor Jacuzzi, and interior corridors. Guests also have access to facilities at nearby sister resorts, including the Solmar Resort Beach Club.Las Quintas Restaurant and Bar is a new addition to Quinta del Sol. The well-appointed restaurant features an indoor air-conditioned area overlooking the pool and an outdoor terrace for those who want to enjoy the splendid weather of Los Cabos. The menu features American and Mexican favorites. When staying four or more nights, theme nights may be enjoyed at the Solmar Resort.Spacious junior suites feature satellite television, free Wi-Fi Internet access, and two double beds. For added convenience, there are work desks, hair-dryers, laptop size electronic in-room safe deposit boxes, blackout drapes/curtains, iron and ironing board, air conditioning and wake-up and daily turndown service. Kitchenettes include a refrigerator, coffee-maker, cook top, sink and dining space. In-room child care is available. This property is handicapped accessible.The All Inclusive plan includes breakfast, lunch and dinner at Las Quintas Restaurant. Unlimited domestic beverages, parking and WiFi, complimentary in room minibar beverages the day of arrival, laundry service, discounts at recommended restaurants and spa treatments at our sister hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Quinta Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Best Western
- Hotel Quinta Del Sol Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico