Villa Del Arco kept showing up, as I researched different travel sites. Costco had all other prices beat for a 2 bedroom suite with Food and Beverage, and Spa credit. Price included airfare for 4 from Seattle.
I was really happily surprised at how beautiful the suites were. The resort is also beautiful and very clean. We did not have the all inclusive package as we planned to eat out for dinner nightly. There is a bakery deli coffee shop on the Villa Del Palmer property so we took quick trips over there for our morning wake up coffee.
We had great service at the pool and the food was really good there too. We used our $200 food credit for drinks and snacks during the day. The pirate ship in the middle of the pool was awesome and you could eat on the ship if you wanted to.
The only negative thing I have to say about the resort is the noise that the timeshare people made walking potential clients to and from the Bloody Mary Room! We had no idea that they started the "festivities" at 7 am and woke us up every morning. The chitter chatter between the timeshare people, the high heels clicking on the tile flooring, and the general banter they had with the "victims" or guests was all morning long.
I realize they are trying to generate sales of time shares, but don't put the sales departments and "Blood Mary Room" aka the "Drink Tank" at the end of the hall of an 2 bedroom suite, (which was costlier than a regular room).
If it was just me and my husband on vacation I would have moved immediately. But since it was 4 ladies with all our clothes and shoes etc.. it seemed like a hassle to pack everything up and unpack again.
We had only been asked once, when we checked in, if we would like to tour the facilities, and we just told them no, that we were headed to the pool and they never bothered us about timeshares again.
SPEAKING OF TIMESHARES.....The airport is slick!
As I have traveled to Mexico often I quickly hurried the 3 friends out of the airport so we wouldn't be bombarded with Timeshare people there. Oh they are slick too. Often they are wearing the same colored polo shirt as the Real Costco representative, who is there to get you on the right shuttle. I admit, the guy inside got me and then he told me to see the Costco guy outside, who was also wearing the same colored shirt and he too was NOT from Costco. Fool me once, Shame on you! Fool me twice, Are you kidding me?
Just follow the instructions that come with your itinerary as to who and where to meet your shuttle hotel person and you'll be fine.
As for the negative reviewers that claim the hotel is probably writing their own positive reviews; I am not a timeshare representative, I am not a member of the hotel and I loved the Villa Del Arco. We 4 ladies will be doing another girls weekend there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico