“Girls long weekend! Great Time!!”

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Palm Desert, California
“Girls long weekend! Great Time!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Villa Del Arco kept showing up, as I researched different travel sites. Costco had all other prices beat for a 2 bedroom suite with Food and Beverage, and Spa credit. Price included airfare for 4 from Seattle.

I was really happily surprised at how beautiful the suites were. The resort is also beautiful and very clean. We did not have the all inclusive package as we planned to eat out for dinner nightly. There is a bakery deli coffee shop on the Villa Del Palmer property so we took quick trips over there for our morning wake up coffee.

We had great service at the pool and the food was really good there too. We used our $200 food credit for drinks and snacks during the day. The pirate ship in the middle of the pool was awesome and you could eat on the ship if you wanted to.

The only negative thing I have to say about the resort is the noise that the timeshare people made walking potential clients to and from the Bloody Mary Room! We had no idea that they started the "festivities" at 7 am and woke us up every morning. The chitter chatter between the timeshare people, the high heels clicking on the tile flooring, and the general banter they had with the "victims" or guests was all morning long.

I realize they are trying to generate sales of time shares, but don't put the sales departments and "Blood Mary Room" aka the "Drink Tank" at the end of the hall of an 2 bedroom suite, (which was costlier than a regular room).

If it was just me and my husband on vacation I would have moved immediately. But since it was 4 ladies with all our clothes and shoes etc.. it seemed like a hassle to pack everything up and unpack again.

We had only been asked once, when we checked in, if we would like to tour the facilities, and we just told them no, that we were headed to the pool and they never bothered us about timeshares again.

SPEAKING OF TIMESHARES.....The airport is slick!

As I have traveled to Mexico often I quickly hurried the 3 friends out of the airport so we wouldn't be bombarded with Timeshare people there. Oh they are slick too. Often they are wearing the same colored polo shirt as the Real Costco representative, who is there to get you on the right shuttle. I admit, the guy inside got me and then he told me to see the Costco guy outside, who was also wearing the same colored shirt and he too was NOT from Costco. Fool me once, Shame on you! Fool me twice, Are you kidding me?

Just follow the instructions that come with your itinerary as to who and where to meet your shuttle hotel person and you'll be fine.

As for the negative reviewers that claim the hotel is probably writing their own positive reviews; I am not a timeshare representative, I am not a member of the hotel and I loved the Villa Del Arco. We 4 ladies will be doing another girls weekend there!

Room Tip: Stay away from the timeshare hall. Where they parade the guests to the Drinking room to sign up for...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marybeth D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I got married here. The staff were difficult to work with from start to finish. Every single night most of our guests received noise complains and we even got a noise complain and a threat to be kicked out THE NIGHT OF OUR WEDDING after having the maid of honor/best man over for a quick night cap at 11 o'clock. Most of the group was in there late 20s and early 30s. Even my grandparents got noise complaints though! Luckily I found someone amazing to work with to plan my wedding here as the hotel staff were not doing their jobs well.

The hotel was nice and the location was unbeatable. I'd probably stay at a different hotel next time. I contacted the hotel manager several times about this and she never responded! You'd think after spending thousands of dollars on a wedding there and all of our guests that stayed there they might acknowledge their poor guest services!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank rheston
Keller, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2011

With very little planned for this summer, I did a last minute trade for Villa del Arco through Interval International (II) for July 16th-23rd 2011. We got a three bedrooms, four bath, penthouse villa suite with a wrap around patio, BBQ grill, hot tub, and ocean view – it was room # 3502. This was plenty room for me, my wife, our 8 year-old son and my two parents. The only downside to booking last minute is you don’t always get the best air fare rates, so I paid dearly on the flights. None the less, I heard this was a fine resort and so we were excited to go.

A few days before we departed, I emailed the resort to confirm the reservation. I’m in the travel business and know firsthand that many things can go wrong on last minute bookings – so I always double check before I leave. To my surprise, in less than a few hours I got a response back from Mayra Jacobo López with a booking conformation. This quick was impressive.

Since none of us had ever been to Cabo, I decided to rent a car from Thrifty instead of using the airport shuttle to the resort. I later found out that parking and the valet service at the resort was free. So I made sure to tip at least $5 when we dropped the car off, and to tip the bell hop guys every time they brought our stuff up to the room. Having a car does give you a little more flexibility, but at the same time one more thing to worry about. The convenience of a car vs. the cost of calling a shuttle or taxis nets out to about the same. Note: a taxi costs $7 each way for up to 4 people.

Upon landing, we made our way through the airport. Can’t believe I allowed myself to get snagged by the timeshare agents – those guys are smooth. We jumped on a shuttle to take us to the Thrifty office, which was like 200 foot away – this was too funny. Signed for our car was on our way. Can’t believe I got snagged again by yet another timeshare agent at the car rental company. I thought this guy worked for Thrifty.

The drive to the resort was nice, but not to scenic. After about 30 minutes, we got to the Villa del Arco. check-in was easy. We went up to our room within 10 minutes of arriving to look over our rooms. The valet, front desk, and bell hop staff were awesome. As soon as we unpacked, we went over and bought a bunch of food, water, beer and chips from Costco. With all these supplies, we never needed to eat at any of the restaurants. We also went over and bought the typical household items like detergent, dish soap, paper towels, from the Wal-Mart. The things they supply in the kitchen were very limited. The BBQ pit had a small bar sized refrigerator, where I stashed a couple of cases of beer. After a day or so in that little fridge, it was as cold as ice. The refrigerator didn’t have an ice machine, but room service would bring up a large bag of ice every time we called for free. We brought a soft sided cooler, which came in handy for the daily beach runs.

After we were all settled in, it was smooth sailing. I thought I would have energy to do all kinds of activities, but found sitting around the room and resort was enough. We had a great view of the sea. We were close enough to the beach to catch waves in the morning and later afternoon. The pools were very clean, clear and not too crowded. They had daily maid service that kept the large room organized and tidy, and we left a big tip at the end of the week. They came to drain and refill the hot tub on our second day there. Each day after dinner, we took the shuttle to the Villa del Palmar in the evenings for ice cream. One day, me and the boy went to the Villa del Palmar pools and found them to be crowded and dark green. So we preferred the pools at Arco much better. Being close to the beach was the best thing about this location.

Couple of things to mention, we didn’t buy the daily internet access because it seem like a waste of money. There was free internet access in the game room near the lobby. The flat screens in each room were great; however they had limited satellite channels, and there was no way to hookup a DVD player to them. So leave those favorite movies at home. We were asked to attend the owner’s breakfast presentation. They even offered us spa treatments and various activities. We told them we would rather not this at this time, and never got bothered again. Using the outside grill was awesome, it worked nicely and the maid came to clean it every day. The A/C worked very well, we were very comfortable. The whole place shuts down about 10:30, which was great because I like peace and quiet at night. There was a lot of music playing downtown, but once you closed the windows and doors you couldn’t hear a thing.

The week ended quickly. Early check out was available. Everything went smooth.

5 Thank Deal_Finder_FW
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2011

my friends and I went and got a 2 bedroom suite, the 5 of us had the time of our lives!! The staff was amazing the drinks were great, it was such a perfect location. The sister resort was really fun too, the slide was a good time and the day time games were fun as well. Pizza there was sooooo good. Oh speaking of food, our resort had the best food I have ever gotten on vacation, even the sea bass was all inclusive!! I cant even sum up how pleased we were. we all cant wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank Alimarie83
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My biggest complaint with this resort is the lack of children's pool. For preschool-age kids (3yr - 6yr) you have a choice of a kiddie pool (a few inches deep) or one that's way too deep and are used by adults - beer-drinking and cigar-smoking adults who are interested in hooking up with an opposite sex. So unless you trust your preschooler to swim by himself, you have to stay next to him the whole time for safety reasons. That's not very relaxing for the moms and pops.

My other complaint is that the TVs in our rooms were quite bad. The screen quality were poor and the remote controls didn't work well.

There are dozens of peddlers on the beach right in front of the resort. They will keep pastering you to buy their goods. If you avoid eye contact you may discourage some but not all. They will also try to screw you over as much as possible. One guy came over and tried to sell us one cigar for 20 dollars. Half an hour later, another one came and said he'd sell us the entire pack (10 cigars) for 20 dollars. I expect to pay more at a tourist destination but come on, that's extreme.

The food at the two higher-scale restaurants on site were terrible and expensive. I would suggest ordering from the one that serves drinks to the pool, or go to the deli at Villa del Palmar. It's cheaper and their food is not bad (though not gourmet).

Other than that, we really enjoyed our room. We had a two-bedroom with three bathrooms. Full kitchen with dishwasher, mixer and coffee maker. We also had a washer and dryer which was awesome! I would give the room 4.5 stars, but for the reasons above I felt that I would not return.

2 Thank kehlar
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

After reading a million reviews, it really was a tossup where the hell to stay in mexico, but I finally picked the arco. I'm in my late 20's, and went with my wife, and we booked an all inclusive suite. THE ONLY WAY TO GO! If you dont get all inclusive it would not be worth to stay here.

I had an awesome time here, the spa is overrated, it wasn't that great but my wife loved it, i guess i didn't like the price.

The beds were great, the kitchen and all the supplies in it were great.

Claudia was a really nice hostess and helpful.

The food was just amazing, the sushi was okay, hotdogs were awesome but the seafood was amazing.

The sunset cruise was alot of fun, and the wave runner was the best, the parasailing overrated, and definitely do the scuba diving!

The timeshare wasnt that bad, they served really good tequilla in there, it was a fun experience.

I cant wait to go back in december.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank citizensean
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Excelent service, spotless facilities, awsome service.
We are a family of 4, we have a lot of fun and the service was exelente.
close to all what you need, 5 minutes to the Marina, 3 to Walmart, and all the water activities you can have in a short walk.'

We are going back there soon.