“what to do in a storm!!”

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Regina, Canada
“what to do in a storm!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We were visiting Cabo for a week of R&R when were caught in the remnants of hurricane paul.
Since outside activities were limited we decided to view some hotels on the Sea of Cortez side hoping it would be a little calmer. We were told about the Villa Del arco and decided to take a look and grab some breakfast.
The restaurant was packed with patrons as outside seating was cancelled due to the storm. While enjoying a very good breakfast we met Bill McCrea. He asked about our visit and what we thought of the hotel and we said we liked the location and views but were interested in a newer complex. He said if we had time he could show us something that was amazing. We really didn't want a time share presentation but Bill was a fellow Canuck and very personable so we went along.
The building he showed us was amazing in amenities as well as ocean/beach views. This was something we could enjoy not only for ourselves but our grandchildren as well. Did I mention the pirate ship by the pool! The tour was made enjoyable by Bill's hospitality and no pressure approach. The property sells itself with the gym and large onsite grocery store with pharmacy.
The property is a further to the marina than the property we were staying in but it is still walkable. Next trip to cabo will be at The Arco!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (773)
Discovery Bay, California, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Just spent another week at the Villa Del Arco in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Even though Hurricane Paul arrived 3 days after we arrived, the staff and Chef's at the Del Arco made are stay so relaxing. As owners of a 2 bedroom time share with UVC, we have always loved Cabo. Being on the Main beach (La Playa Medano) gives you great flexabilty for activities with all of the water sports. You can take a water taxi into town or the local taxi service will take you to all of the sites, shops and restaurants. While at the Villa, we had the opportunity to meet with Derek Exner and he gave us our annual members update. From the additional personal suggestions of things to do in town or at the resort, while also updating us on all of the other Villa Group properties. So many to chose from and more being added in the years to come. Next trip will be to the Villa Group property in Loreto for 3 days to a week and then another week in Cabo at the Del Arco. Thanks Derek!!!
Thanks again to all of the wonderful staff around the pool, Reception, our Chefs and bartenders and all my friends and "friends to be" at the Desert Spa. Thank you to my personal trainer Robin Littlewood for my Yoga, Step and Wellness training.
If you need to rest and get well or just have fun in the sun and water..... DO IT HERE at Villa Del Arco, Cabo San Lucas Mexico

Room Tip: Building 2 looks stright out to the ocean and some of our friends prefer that building when they com...
1 Thank Duane S
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We had a beautiful room and a gorgious view of the bay. From the minute we were spoiled. How many times have you been to a condo and they decorated the bed with flower petals and made swans out of the towels? The minute we arrived the resort staff was treating us like honored guests. Maid was fabulous, conceirge was helpful with ideas of getting around Cabo. The only negitive was the bartenders at the pool were not very attentive. Sometimes they even ignored us. But all in all we had a very relaxing vacation at Villa Del Arco.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views and are very quiet.
1 Thank Robert W
Pacific Grove, California
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We just came back from a very relaxing family vacation from Cabo, Mexico. On our vacation there, we met Ricky and Patti from Villa Del Arco. Ricky was funny, entertaining and made us feel like we knew him for years! He gave us a tour of the property as part of our time share presentation, answered all our questions and was honest enough to ask for help if he's not sure of the answer. He would ask Patti, who's informative and made us feel welcome, questions that he needs clarifications from. Patti and Ricky were patient with us, since we are novice on this time share presentations.

The property itself was excellent: great food, friendly staff and exceptional view! Its one of a couple of places that you can actually swim in the ocean. Within the boundaries of the hotel, you can schedule your activities, do it there and just go back to your room without leaving the place! It's really convenient if you have kids and didn't rent a car like we did! It's a one stop-shop for a good vacation.

Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I just returned from a wonderful three week trip to Cabo where I stayed at my timeshare resort, Villa del Arco. I had one of the best stays. It started by being contacted by Mr. Derrik Harp, UVC Elite Concierge Services, who made all my pre-arrival arrangements for the resort. I found Villa del Arco to have great rooms. One big factor here that one does not romally find at other resorts is the in-room washer and dryer. All staff members are there to make the stay problem free, from the front bellman, Mariano, to the front desk person, Tino, even to my maid, Consuelo. The Assistant Desk Manager, Misael Chan, was friendly and very helpful in making the my stay pleasureable. Regrading my timeshare presentation, Leticia Carranza, Vip and Elite Service, and Michael Morrissey, Sales Representative and i might add a fellow Oregon Duck, made it very painless with no pressure, really helpful and knowledgeable. Also Cindy Bartz, Sales Rep, conducted an informative presentation for members as well. Other resort staff who made this an exceptional stay were pool Atendio, Jorge Garcia Ramirez, pool concierges, Jorge Espinosa and Heriberto Maldonado, Ms. Daniella Coria, Elite Concierge, and the two Arcade staff employees, Christian and Alfredo. Fantastic experience at a beautiful resort and location with one of the best staff of employees I have encountered. I must mention the Spa and Fitness center which was probably the best equipped and cleanest I have ever experienced. The Spa front desk attendant, Ms. Virginia, always had a wonderful smile and pleasant greeting and a great hug good bye. Also at the Spa front desk were Ms. Blanca and Ms. Angie, who were pleasant and helpful. The personal trainer, Ms Robyn Littlewood, is terrific. The upstairs Spa is also fantastic. One really must book one of the many massages offerred. The offer many different weekly and daily specials. I regret I did not take advantage of the massage and dinner special on Thursday nights. I really like the fact that all the staff I came in contact with remembered my name, Mr. Ron. I truly look forward to returning to Villa del Arco for the wonderful staff, great room and best of all the atmosphere and all the wonderful friends I made during my stay.

Room Tip: Buildings 2, 3 and 4 have best views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We met Derek Exner, our time share rep for a tour of the hotel and spa. He was the nicest, most informed rep we have ever met! He listened to our questions and really got to know us. If you have a chance to meet him please do he was so informative!
As a time share owner I have been so pleased with all the destinations I've visited. This new hotel is truly a 5***** one. The massage I had was the best I've gotten anywhere! The food and water view at the restaurant that's only open for dinner was spectacular. Everyone who worked there was sooo friendly and very eager to please. Location is great too.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have 20ys as a flight attendand, & have travelled around the world , my family & I travel in the month of October every year so we look for something different. Villa del Arco looked great on line ..the resort lived up to all expectations ! All inclusive was great for a family of 4 ,kids loved the pool.great weather & resort staff offer great service.

Room Tip: A one bedroom suite was fantastic for family's , has a washing/dryer .. Kitchen, dining 2bath ro...
3 Thank Wamberal2260