I just came back from a family vacation (2 young kids) and cannot wait to be back! After we checked in, we were veered toward the "concierge".... don't fall for this.. they will certainly make the reservations for you wherever, but their main goal is to get you to a time share presentation!!!! Forget the 90 minutes they say it will take.. ours was 3 1/2 hours.... and no, it was not worth the free or discounted activities we had... maybe at 90 minutes it would have been though. If the free /discounted stuff entices you, set your timer to 90 minutes! The time share folks are very aggressive, once we said it took too long, they still went on and on... and on... and on....
Location was awesome. It was far enough away from the Marina so there wasn't a huge partying scene, but close enough to walk. The 5-10 min from other reviews must be from super walkers, b/c it took us about 25 minutes. A water taxi was about $10/one way, so we used that mostly. Hotel said the taxi to the marina would be $9/one way-- we never used it, but would prefer the scenic (& probably safer) water taxi.
Other than that, below is a summary of what I thought was great about this trip:
The restaurants --- El Faro (excellent seafood and sushi) & El Patrone (traditional Mexican) were excellent. The service at both were very good. The staff was super attentive and very accommodating. The more casual Buccaneer was like bar food, not bad, but not fantastic. Oceanfront restaurants with gorgeous views of the beach/arch.
The pools --- always kept clean, great for the kids! We never had a problem finding available chairs... maybe not at the location we wanted, but its okay. Towel attendants always seemed confused and made it seemed as if they didn't want to be bothered. Maybe it was a language thing, not sure....
The room--- stayed in building 3, 5th floor, peek-a-boo view of the ocean. Great sized balcony to order room service and eat on the balcony. Also, the balcony was pretty private, which is nice. Its a bit tight for the 4 of us, but we managed. Was supposed to have 2 chairs, only had one when we checked in. Our bell person he will get another chair up asap..... we wait until the next day to call again for another chair.... day 3.. still no chair... we just gave up and made due with the single chair we had for the balcony. Room was clean. Maid service was good (tipped $1-2/day left on their sign that says who your maid was). They didn't leave enough toiletries (shampoo/conditioner) , but luckily we brought plenty of our own to use.
The beach -- totally swimmable and kid friendly. Tiny little waves, can get get deep fast, so beware, but nice, nonetheless. Lots of vendors selling their wares. They can be bothersome when you're trying to rest and every 3 minutes they are coming up to you asking you if you want to buy something. A simple "no gracias" and they will walk away, but still, their are dozens of them constantly trolling you. They do seem to be regulated as all wore all white and seemed to wear what seemed like permits laced around their necks.
The spa -- didn't try it, though I heard its amazing.
The all-inclusive is totally worth it, I would absolutely recommend it. I am not a buffett person and was pleasantly surprised that all the restaurants at this hotel had menus to order off of and everything was made fresh. The only bummer about it was that they said it included the non-motorized sports, kayaks, boogie boards, water paddling, etc.... NOPE! They don't have that anymore... unfortunately, their website and their advertising said it includes it. Pool attendant said that they discontinued it for 3 weeks now since people were not following the rules on where they can go with the non-motorized stuff... not sure if I believe that... what about the boogie boards, what happened to them? Why couldn't we use them? I think they haven't had it for a long time, but it looks good on advertising, so they include it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Create magical memories the minute you walk into Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, an idyllic and delightful retreat, where the staff is committed to ensuring you get the best of the 3 Rs: relaxation, recreation and romance. This sophisticated five-star, all-suite property, often referred by past guests as calming, beautiful and comfortable, offers secluded stretches of beach where you can shut out the world and relish in the surroundings. Our comfortable, yet luxurious suites feature unbeatable views of sand and sea, including the exotic El Arco rock formation, the official symbol of Los Cabos. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Del Arco Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Del Arco
- Del Arco Hotel
- Villa Del Arco Cabo San Lucas
- Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico